Date: January 05, 2005 02:06
Honda Press Release
A record December, driven by record sales of the all-new RL luxury performance sedan, MDX luxury SUV, TL performance luxury sedan and TSX sports sedan gave Acura its 15th consecutive record breaking month and a new all-time annual sales record for 2004. Year-end Acura sales of 198,919 finished up 16.0 percent from 2003, and eclipsed the previous year-end sales record of 170,918 set in 2003.
"In an industry riddled with incentives and struggling to reach last year's sales numbers, Acura bucked the trend by offering products that consumers wanted and as a result, reaped a 16 percent sales increase for 2004," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president, auto sales.
- December Acura sales of 20,146 were up 24.9 percent compared to last year, and shattered the previous all-time monthly sales record of 18,547 set in May 2004.
- For the second consecutive month, the RL luxury performance recorded its best month ever with sales of 1,967 units, surpassing the previous record of 1,941 units set in November 2004.
- The TL performance luxury sedan was Acura's top-selling model for the 15th straight month with December sales of 7,211, up 18.6 percent over last year. The TL ended the year as the top selling luxury sedan in the U.S. for 2004.
- The MDX luxury SUV, set a new all-time monthly sales record of 6,238 units in December, surpassing the previous record of 5,788 set in December 2003 and also set its fifth consecutive annual sales record.
- The TSX sports sedan, recently named to Car & Driver magazine's 10 Best Cars list, registered 3,004 sales, pushing year-to-date sales to a record 30,365 units, up 59.9 percent over 2003.
Last edited by Tuan on
January 05, 2005 02:07