First Batch of the Handbuilt 2020 TLX PMC Edition Arrives
Date: July 01, 2019 12:42
Acura Press Release
Acura announced the PMC Edition TLX and MDX at the 2019 New York Auto Show. The TLX was set to be the first model to receive the "hand-built" treatment. The cars are assembled in Acura's Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio, alongside the NSX supercar. Press release follows:
|Jul 1, 2019 - TORRANCE, CALIF.|
- Handbuilt 2020 TLX PMC Edition is produced in the Performance Manufacturing Center by the same master technicians as NSX
- TLX PMC Edition combines the line-topping premium features of the TLX Advance Package with the sporty character of A-Spec
- Features the highest quality, most vibrant Valencia Red Pearl paint that Acura has offered on a production car, using nano pigment paint technology previously exclusive to NSX
- Production limited to only 360 individually numbered units
The 2020 Acura TLX PMC Edition begins arriving at select dealerships across the U.S. this week. Each handcrafted TLX carries a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP1) of $50,945 (including $1,995 destination and handling). The limited-edition TLX PMC Edition is handbuilt by the same master technicians that assemble the NSX supercar at Acura's Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio2.
The 2020 TLX PMC Edition sits atop the TLX lineup, featuring Acura's 3.5-liter direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 powertrain and torque-vectoring Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). A unique build, the PMC Edition combines the line-topping premium features of the TLX Advance Package with the sporty character of the TLX A-Spec. PMC Edition-exclusive exterior design elements include Valencia Red Pearl paint, a body-colored grille surround, gloss black painted roof and door handles; gloss black 19-inch wheels; body-colored side mirror housings, and dark chrome 4-inch dual exhaust finishers.
Inside, the TLX PMC Edition features black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching for the seats, door panels, and center armrest. An A-Spec steering wheel includes perforated black leather, red stitching and metal-finished paddle shifters. The individually numbered serial plaque on the lower console designates the 2020 TLX PMC Edition as one of 360 units handcrafted at the Performance Manufacturing Center.
Following the hand-assembly process, each TLX PMC Edition receives the same quality control process as NSX, including a dyno check, paint inspection, rough-road simulation and water leak test. To protect the paint during shipping, the PMC Edition is wrapped in a specially designed car cover and transported to Acura dealers via enclosed, single-car carriers.
TLX PMC Edition Feature Summary
Exclusive to TLX PMC Edition
- Valencia Red Pearl nano pigment paint
- Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque
- Gloss black 19-inch split-5-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
- Gloss black roof panel
- Gloss black door handles
- Gloss black diamond pentagon grille with body-colored grille surround
- Dual 4-inch black chrome exhaust finishers
- Premium black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching and paddle shifters
- Red stitching on door panel, center console, and armrest
- Premium floormats with metal A-Spec badging
- A-Spec exterior sport appearance package
- A-Spec interior sport appearance package
- Jewel-Eye LED headlights, LED fog lights
- Embedded navigation with Apple Carplay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seats, heated steering wheel
- Acura ELS Studio™ premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Wireless phone charging
- Surround view camera system
- Power folding door mirrors with auto-dimming
- Front and rear parking sensors, blind spot information (BSI) system, rear cross traffic monitor
- AcuraWatch™ suite of safety and driver assistive technologies
*For additional details on the 2020 TLX PMC Edition, visit: AcuraNews.com
Acura delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to evocative styling, high performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of exceptional quality and reliability. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models – the RLX premium luxury sedan, the TLX performance luxury sedan, the ILX sport sedan, the five-passenger RDX luxury crossover SUV, the seven-passenger Acura MDX, America's all-time best-selling three-row luxury SUV, and the next-generation, electrified NSX supercar.
Five of the six Acura models sold in North America are made in central Ohio, using domestic and globally-sourced parts, including the ILX and TLX luxury sports sedans (Marysville Auto Plant), the RDX and MDX luxury SUVs (East Liberty Auto Plant) and the Acura NSX supercar, which is built to order at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio.
Additional media information including pricing, features & specifications and high-resolution photography is available at AcuraNews.com. Consumer information is available at Acura.com. Follow Acura on social media at Acura.us/SocialChannels.
# # #
1. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) including $1,995 destination and handling. Tax, license, registration and options are extra. Dealer prices may vary.
2. Using domestic and globally sourced parts
Last edited by JeffX on
July 01, 2019 12:50