2018 Model Change Summary for Honda
Date: August 08, 2017 08:33
2018 Honda Model Year “What’s New” Change Summary
Honda Brand Summary:
Going into its third year of rapid-fire new product launches, Honda enters the 2018 model year with several additional new vehicles, creating the freshest lineup in the industry.
The all-new 2018 Odyssey minivan – the minivan designed to keep everyone in the family happy – further fortifies Honda’s light-truck offerings, joining the ever-popular Pilot 3-row SUV, America’s top retail-selling SUV1, the Honda CR-V, 2017’s North America Truck of the Year, the Honda Ridgeline pickup, and the stylish and versatile HR-V, now the top retail seller in the subcompact SUV segment2.
Building on the unqualified success of the 10th-generation Civic, the most ambitious, and sporty lineup in the model’s 44-year history, Honda will launch an all-new-from-the-ground-up 2018 Accord and a refreshed 2018 Fit to further strengthen its industry-leading passenger car lineup.
The 2018 Accord will feature a new-from-the-ground-up design offering a more aggressive stance and proportion than any previous Accord. With three advanced new powertrains, including two all-new Honda turbocharged engines, a next-generation Honda two-motor hybrid powerplant, a world’s first 10-speed automatic transmission for a front-wheel-drive car, and available 6-speed manual for both turbo engines, the new Accord will redefine what it means to be a truly exceptional midsize sedan.
With the 2018 Fit’s sharp new lines and enhanced content, including the addition of available HondaSensing technology, plus an all-new Sport trim, Honda’s subcompact ups it’s fun and function quotients. Through May of 2017, Fit has gained nearly 3 points of share3, and this major refresh should spell further success.
Finally, launching later this year is the 2018 Clarity Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV), which joins the Clarity Fuel Cell and Clarity Electric to complete Honda’s new advanced, electrified vehicle trio. Offered in all 50 states, with an all-electric driving range of 42 miles, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid will feature a unique combination of efficiency, refinement and premium quality and affordability in a spacious midsize sedan that comfortably seats five adults.
1Based on Urban Science retail data for all vehicles in the industry for 2016CY and 2017CYTD April
2Based on Urban Science retail data for all vehicles in Subcompact SUV/CUV segment for 2017CYTD April
3Based on Urban Science retail data for all vehicles in Subcompact car segment for 2017CYTD April vs. 2016CYTD April
Honda model change summary:
New Honda models for 2018 model year:
- Clarity Plug-in Hybrid
- Accord Hybrid
Enhanced Honda models for 2018 model year:
- The HR-V returns for 2018 offering the same spacious and versatile interior, efficient 1.8-liter engine and impressive feature content that led it to the top of the growing entry crossover segment.
- The 2018 HR-V goes on sale later this year.
- The Honda CR-V returns unchanged following its model year 2017 complete redesign, which included an all-new turbocharged powerplant, a more upscale interior, and an impressive list of standard and available features, including Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology as standard equipment on EX and above trims. The 2018 CR-V continues to offer class-leading technology, safety performance, unmatched practicality and exceptional fuel economy.
- The 2018 CR-V goes on sale later this year.
- The Honda Pilot excels in all aspects of performance, safety, comfort, feature content and style. The 2018 Pilot carries over the same attributes that made it a finalist for 2016 North American Truck of the Year following its fall 2015 launch, and which have put it on top of family SUV buyer’s shopping lists.
- The 2018 Pilot goes on sale later this year.
- The 2017 North American Truck of the Year, the Honda Ridgeline midsize pickup, boasts the largest and most flexible cabin in its class and class-exclusive features including its In-Bed Trunk, Dual Action Tailgate and available Truck Bed Audio System. The Ridgeline offers the outright most refined and confidence-inspiring ride and handling of any pickup in the market along with robust cargo-hauling and towing capabilities. The Ridgeline returns unchanged for the 2018 model year.
- The 2018 Ridgeline goes on sale later this year.
- The all-new, next-generation 2018 Honda Odyssey, which launched in May, was designed to keep everyone in the family happy and brings a host of new features and technologies for the 2018 model year, starting with a uniquely versatile new Magic Slide™ second-row seat that offers a multitude of seating configurations and exceptional third-row access, even with rear-facing child seats installed.
- For 2018, the Odyssey also includes a host of new connected-car and connected-family technologies, including CabinWatch child monitor, CabinTalk in-car public address system, new in-car 4G LTE Wi-Fi, a new Rear Entertainment System with streaming video, a new Display Audio touchscreen with Honda-developed OS and over-the-air system updates, and standard Honda Sensing technology on EX and above trims.
- The 2018 Odyssey went on sale on May 25.
- Adding to the Fit’s unprecedented versatility, excellent fuel economy and unmatched value for money, Honda’s has enhanced its subcompact hatchback for the 2018 model year, with sharper exterior styling and new features. The 2018 Fit now offers an upgraded Display Audio™ with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, available Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver assistive technologies, and a new Sport trim.
- The 2018 Fit goes on sale this summer.
Civic Sedan, Coupe
- The Civic Sedan and Coupe feature modern, aggressive styling, a roomy interior, and two available powertrains: a naturally aspirated direct-injected i-VTEC four-cylinder, or a 1.5-liter direct-injected VTEC Turbo, each mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or CVT with Honda G-shift design. With a refined yet sporty ride, excellent fuel efficiency, impressive features and Honda Sensing® all continue to make the carryover 10th generation Civic the most advanced in its history.
- The 2018 Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe go on sale later this year.
- Released last year, the Civic Hatchback returns for 2018, offering an unparalleled combination of sportiness, efficiency and utility, with distinctive styling and premium features that enthusiasts demand. The five-door hatchback features a 1.5-liter DOHC direct-injected Turbo engine that can be mated to either a sporty CVT or a slick-shifting 6-speed manual transmission.
- The 2018 Civic Hatchback will go on sale later this yea.
Civic Si Sedan, Si Coupe
- After a brief hiatus, the Civic Si returned for the 2017 model year, benefitting from all the upgrades to the 10-generation Civic platform, including its dynamic design, more rigid and lightweight body, more sophisticated chassis and larger, more premium interior. With a higher-output 1.5L DOHC turbo engine and short-throw 6-speed manual transmission plus a sport-tuned chassis featuring a new Adaptive Damper System and two driving modes, the new Civic Si is the most capable, agile and best-handling Si yet.
- The 2018 Civic Si Sedan and Si Coupe will go on sale later this year.
Civic Type R
- Long the forbidden fruit for U.S. Honda fans and performance enthusiasts, the track-ready 2018 Honda Civic Type R, the most powerful Honda ever sold in America, just went on sale in the U.S. as a 2017 model. With 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque produced by its 2.0L direct-injected i-VTEC® turbo engine, paired with a slick-shifting 6-speed manual transmission, plus track-ready chassis components housed in a lightweight yet rigid body, the Type R is the pinnacle of FWD compact performance, as evidenced by the world record setting Nürburgring lap time. The Civic Type R returns for the 2018 model year.
- The 2018 Civic Type R will go on sale later this year.
Accord / Accord Hybrid
- An all-new, 10th-generation Accord will join the model lineup later this year as a 2018 model. The new Accord will feature three advanced new powertrains, including a pair of new direct-injected turbocharged engines – a 2.0-liter i-VTEC® turbo paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and 1.5-liter turbo paired with a CVT, with a 6-speed manual available for both powerplants. The next generation of Honda’s two-motor hybrid system rounds out the new powertrain lineup in what will be the most dramatically styled, premium and fun-to-drive Accord ever.
- Additional information about the next generation of the Accord will be available later.
Clarity Fuel Cell
- The elegantly styled Clarity Fuel Cell features an efficient and compact powertrain that fits entirely within the engine bay, allowing for the convenience and comfort of a five-passenger midsize sedan. The interior is also outfitted with premium, environmentally-responsible materials complemented by thoughtful and stylish design cues. The Clarity Fuel Cell also features advanced technologies and connectivity for occupants, including Display Audio with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ as well as standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology.
- The 2018 Clarity Fuel Cell goes on sale next year.
- Providing a unique segment offering of an all-electric premium five-passenger sedan with a comfortable and premium interior, the Clarity Electric features advanced technologies, including Display Audio with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ as well as standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technologies. First introduced as a 2017 model, the Clarity Electric will return as a 2018 model.
- The 2018 Clarity Battery Electric vehicle goes on sale next year.
Clarity Plug-in Hybrid
- The new 2018 Clarity Plug-in Hybrid, which will be offered in all 50 states, features a unique combination of a highly fuel efficient plug-in hybrid powertrain, refined driving performance, and a premium-contented interior that comfortably seats five adults –
all at an affordable price. The Clarity Plug-in Hybrid is anticipated to earn an all-electric driving range rating of 42 miles, the longest of any midsize plug-in hybrid. For longer trips, the Clarity Plug-in Hybrid utilizes its hyper-efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle 4-cylinder engine to generate electricity and, under certain conditions, to act as a direct power source, resulting in an anticipated overall driving range rating in excess of 330 miles.
- The 2018 Clarity Plug-in Hybrid goes on sale later this year.
Last edited by JeffX on
August 08, 2017 08:44