Date: November 03, 2014 10:22
Honda Press Release
Honda Division Breaks Another Monthly Sales Record in October; Acura October Sales Jump Nearly 8% with another Big Month for the All-New TLX
11/03/2014 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total October 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 121,172 units, an increase of 5.8 percent versus October of last year. The Honda division set a new October record on sales of 105,745 vehicles, an increase of 5.5 percent for the month. The Acura division posted sales of 15,427 units to rise 7.9 percent in the same period.
- Honda Division has its best-ever October sales—up 5.5 percent on delivery of 105,745 new cars and trucks
- All-new Acura TLX sales reach nearly 5,000 units in October, driving an overall 7.9 percent increase for the brand
- Honda CR-V smashes previous October record with 29,257 sales, an increase of 29.7 percent over the same period in 2013; New Fit also sets new October sales mark
The new October sales record for the Honda brand was driven by the success of core models leading to an overall 5.5 percent gain versus October 2013. The new 2015 CR-V, crowned Motor Trend's 2015 SUV of the Year, helped the model post its best October on record. The new Honda Fit also set a new October milestone and Accord sales rose for the 10th straight month—all helping to push the Honda brand to a new October pinnacle.
"The new 2015 CR-V is giving renewed momentum to what has already been an incredible year," said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. "The success of the new Fit is an important step in re-establishing small cars as a pillar in the Honda lineup."
- The redesigned 2015 Honda CR-V, which went on sale October 1, helped smash the previous October record, and was up 29.7 percent over 2013 on sales of 29,257 units.
- The new Honda Fit nearly doubled its sales last month, setting an all-time October record with sales of 6,851 units, an increase of 83.4 percent for the month.
- Honda's stalwart Accord posted a strong month, rising 7.8 percent in October with sales of 27,128 units to give the model its 10th straight monthly increase.
With the 3.5L SH-AWD model enjoying its first full month on the market, the new Acura TLX gained more than 25 percent versus last month's strong performance, reaching sales of nearly 5,000 units in October after less than three months on the market. TLX helped push Acura brand sales up 7.9 percent for the month.
"With TLX sales nearly topping 5,000 units in a segment full of notoriously tough competitors, the new TLX is quickly establishing itself as a top player in the mid-size luxury sedan game," said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. "This early success of TLX also demonstrates the strong potential of the performance direction for the Acura product lineup."
- TLX sales reached 4,890 units in October, jumping 25.9 percent over last month for its best month since joining the Acura lineup, and came within just a few hundred units of ranking as Acura's best-selling model.
- With 5,324 units sold in October, Acura's current best seller—MDX—jumped 9.5 percent month-over-month despite being limited by tight supplies.
Last edited by JeffX on
November 03, 2014 10:27