Date: March 01, 2013 13:37
Honda Press Release
Redesigned 2013 Honda Accord Leads the Pack in February Sales; Acura's Newest Products Continue to Advance Brand Growth
Steady February sales help Honda maintain a 4.4-percent year-to-date sales climb
03/01/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda today reported February 2013 U.S. sales of 107,987 units, overcoming winter's worst to post a decrease of only 2.0 percent compared with February 2012 (an increase of 2.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate (DSR*)), and enabling year-to-date sales to remain up over 2012. Reflecting Honda's unique focus on retail sales, and real demand for top-rated products such as Accord, the Honda brand posted February 2013 sales of 96,623 units, a decrease of 2.3 percent compared with February 2012 (an increase of 1.8 percent based on the DSR). Acura U.S. February sales of 11,364 units increased 0.9 percent compared with February 2012 (an increase of 5.1 percent based on the DSR).
- Strong sales of the all-new Accord continue, up 35.2 percent from last February with sales of 27,999 units
- The redesigned 2013 Crosstour sees second month of double-digit sales growth, up 15.3 percent from last February
- Pilot sales are up 8.3 percent compared with last February, with sales of 9,614 units
"It took a big winter storm in the Northeast to slow us down a bit, but our robust sales over the last three weeks show that our strong retail momentum continues," said John Mendel, executive vice president of Sales at American Honda. "With Accord posting strong numbers and spring just around the corner, the best is yet to come."
- RDX sets its tenth-consecutive monthly sales record, up 177.6 percent from last February with sales of 2,795 units
- MDX remains the top selling Acura model in February, with sales of 2,946 units
- TL was the top selling Acura sedan in February with sales of 2,216 units, ILX sales continue to trend up with sales of 1,997
"Acura's latest products continue to shine with ILX gaining traction and RDX sales up 177 percent," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura Sales. "With the all-new 2014 RLX flagship sedan launching in a few weeks and the MDX Prototype creating favorable buzz, spring 2013 is shaping up as a banner season for Acura."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 24 days for February 2013 and 25 days for February 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 49 days for 2012 and 49 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
Last edited by JeffX on
March 01, 2013 13:39