[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD Acceleration numbers
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD "commuter" loop mileage run
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar Rear-view Mirror: Dixon Deftly Extends Indycar Lead at Toronto
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 GM/Honda Lithium battery and module.
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Ridgeline - Modifications > > Re: Performance Moding

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
j333_76484
Profile for j333_76484
Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2005 04:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I bought a Ridgeline a few months ago. I love the "thing". I am 39 years old and this is the first vehicle I have ever owned that actually has me enthusistic about playing around with it. Put some Chrome Wheels (20"s) on it and installed a few other add ons for the exterior. I am pretty happy with it's look now.

Now I am starting to think about playing around with some other stuff. For example Exaust mod, possible supercharger and/or other performance type mods.

My problem is this, I know absolutely nothing about these types of mods. Would most likely have to go to a shop to get done. I am in no hurry, so want to take a while and start looking into various websites and such to bookmark to start learning what playing might be possible with this thing that I can start forming up a plan to work on. I am sure some things will have to be done in a certain order and want to start thinking along thise lines.

I know this post is a little vague but, I have just recently taken an interest in playing around with things like this so please bear with me.

Anyway, I was hoping someone on here could possibly point me in the direction of some good websites I can use to see what types of stuff others are trying with their Ridgelines.

Thanks for any help you can kick out.

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2005 09:01
SEMA starts today and the Ridgeline apparently has a big presence there this year. I'd suggest waiting for a week or so as information comes out as to what people have done to modify them. We should have all the info here in a day-by-day update.

Ryan

j333_76484
Profile for j333_76484
Re: Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2005 05:49
Will do and thanks,

I am pretty good at detailing but not mechanically inclined by any means.

Here is a link to what it looks like thus far.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4233

This thing has boosted mt "car" enthusiam to the point that after 39 years I want to tweak "something", but have no idea as to what.. :-)

I am sure there will be some experience folks playing with it. I envision mine as more of a street toy. Definately not an off-road vehicle like my F-250. Wouldn't mind getting a little more HP out of it and a different sound. I'd love to be able to get it to a point that if I so desired, I could light up all four wheel but with that fancy AWD system I dunno if that can be done, at least not now.

Looking forward to playing with it though. I can manage to put about 4K a year toward tweaking this thing. need to start looking at various durections I could go. Looks like COMPTECH has some neat stuff under developement.

Quint Integra
Profile for Quint Integra
Re: Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2005 11:39
Heres a neat little addition for some subtle interior changes to a Ridgeline dash area. I already had this steering wheel change and painting of the related parts of the dash planned for mine a while back, but not using that bright a silver coloured paint.

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c051101_15.html

j333_76484
Profile for j333_76484
Re: Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2005 05:45
Holy Cow. Man that thing sure is neat. I thought I was doing something by blowing about 5k on my Ridgeline. A makeover like that would likely go for a good 7K for the interior alone.

TomJV
Profile for TomJV
Re: Performance Moding    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2007 18:26
It's just a bunch of crappy plastic glued on with tape.
BS man. Maybe $300, and way over priced at that!
TomJV

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0