[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
More.......................
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 WC
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Sachsenring TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> New H70 pumps freezing
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Car recommendation for cheap track fun?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Acclaimed 2018 Accords sit on the lot
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Celaya Plant Flooding and Recovery
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> '18 HAH vs '17 HAH
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > American Honda Reports Best Ever April Sales > > Re: TSX sales...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

osaze
Profile for osaze
TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 20:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It's interesting that TSX sales are up so much more than the TL. A 1K unit increase over sales for the same period last year. My bet is that gas prices are forcing consumers to rethink plunking down money on larger engines. Look at the rise in sales of the Accord! And I bet it isn't the V6s that are selling like wild fire in this category either. Will America be the next Europe in regard to engine efficiency and size. This summer will for sure tell because I have a feeling that these gas price are here to stay. In any regards the TSX is still a great car in regard to quality and handling.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 20:55
osaze wrote:
It's interesting that TSX sales are up so much more than the TL. A 1K unit increase over sales for the same period last year. My bet is that gas prices are forcing consumers to rethink plunking down money on larger engines. Look at the rise in sales of the Accord! And I bet it isn't the V6s that are selling like wild fire in this category either. Will America be the next Europe in regard to engine efficiency and size. This summer will for sure tell because I have a feeling that these gas price are here to stay. In any regards the TSX is still a great car in regard to quality and handling.

I'm even considering trading my '04 TSX up to an '06 TSX simply because the resale value is so strong right now. My car will be 2 years old in a few weeks and it's hardly depreciated at all.

blue99si
Profile for blue99si
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 21:30
osaze wrote:

Most of the V-6 engines do pretty well gas mileage wise. The Accord V-6 does over 30mpg and the TSX with its aggressive gearing is similar.

This fall I will be looking to chose between the TSX and Accord V-6. If they take the Buick out of the Accord styling I just might go Honda. Sure would be nice to see them add a 5 or 6 speed manual to the Accord v6 4 door mix.....If they make the Accord ugly it will be a TSX.....

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 21:39
30 mpg? How? At a steady 75 mph on a flat freeway with no traffic and on cruise control.. perhaps.

I'm lucky to get 20mpg on our MT6. I think my wife gets around 24 or so. Mind you, that's still great mileage for me. I try to keep her on 6th gear as much as possible, but you just can't help but letting the big left needle go over 4500 rpm. And that means lower gears lest I achieve escape velocity on the fast lane.

Historically, I wonder why I can't get no more than 21 mpg in my J powered cars.

blue99si wrote:

Most of the V-6 engines do pretty well gas mileage wise. The Accord V-6 does over 30mpg and the TSX with its aggressive gearing is similar.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 22:33
TonyE wrote:
30 mpg? How? At a steady 75 mph on a flat freeway with no traffic and on cruise control.. perhaps.

I'm lucky to get 20mpg on our MT6. I think my wife gets around 24 or so. Mind you, that's still great mileage for me. I try to keep her on 6th gear as much as possible, but you just can't help but letting the big left needle go over 4500 rpm. And that means lower gears lest I achieve escape velocity on the fast lane.

Historically, I wonder why I can't get no more than 21 mpg in my J powered cars.

blue99si wrote:

I got right around 30mpg an '04 Accord EX V6 (sedan) when we took one to Sebring last year. And while the roads were pretty flat once we got south of Macon, (since we didn't depart from Atlanta until around 1AM and drove through the night) I think the average speed was well above 75mph. That car is an amazing highway cruiser. Now the 6MT has shorter overall gearing, but i would think that if you left it in 6th you could achieve ~30mpg on a long distance jaunt, even without trying too hard. Heck, now that I think about it, I did something like 28-29mpg with our not-so-aerodynamic '02 TL-S on a round trip from Atlanta to Orlando.

cobalt
Profile for cobalt
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 22:49
TonyE wrote:

Ah, I feel so much better after reading that. I do a combo highway/suburban reverse commute to work in my '02 EX-V6 (AT), and I still only average about 22 to 23. Something about the high RPMs in the J just tickles the pleasure center in my brain. Pure dopaminergic reaction.

I've been debating my next upgrade. I'd like the TSX, but I'm not sure it will feed my addiction.... it may have to be the TL for my next car. I wonder if the RL might do it for me since it's now got some atmosphere in the tach range. I'll have to test drive it before committing.

Ivtec2
Profile for Ivtec2
Re: TSX resale [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2005 23:49
the cars resale is pretty silly exp when you figure that most Acura dealers didn't get the 2005 TSXs untill late decemeber of 2004.
I mention this because the 2004 TSX was available in March-April of 2003!
Thats a long first year run!

RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2005 09:55
osaze wrote:
Look at the rise in sales of the Accord! And I bet it isn't the V6s that are selling like wild fire in this category either.

Having driven a 2004 Accord LX sedan with the K24 engine/5AT combo, I can say the car has a surprising amount of acceleration power (60 mph comes up surprisingly fast). Small wonder why sales of the K24-powered Accords have been strong lately....

I'm hoping that the 2006 model year Accords will get the same i-VTEC improvements that the 8th-generation Civic will get; that could result in even better fuel efficiency and probably a little more power out of the K24 engine. =)

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2005 10:17
You're talking to someone who was in a hurry once, left the house at 4:30AM in The OC and was in Gilroy at 7:30AM....

Driving an AT4 99 TL.

Life's too short when the road's flat, the weather's clear, the trucks are still sleeping, the CHP is on its shift change and "smokey in the sky"' is still in the hangar. Given a steady foot and an efficient car.. you'd be surprised the mileage -and range- you can get at triple digits.

But 30mpg? I don't think I even got that in my 85 Civic S or the 89 CRX Si. I think I'd die of boredom.

Jeff wrote:

I got right around 30mpg an '04 Accord EX V6 (sedan) when we took one to Sebring last year. And while the roads were pretty flat once we got south of Macon, (since we didn't depart from Atlanta until around 1AM and drove through the night) I think the average speed was well above 75mph. That car is an amazing highway cruiser. Now the 6MT has shorter overall gearing, but i would think that if you left it in 6th you could achieve ~30mpg on a long distance jaunt, even without trying too hard. Heck, now that I think about it, I did something like 28-29mpg with our not-so-aerodynamic '02 TL-S on a round trip from Atlanta to Orlando.

Askani
Profile for Askani
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2005 11:11
Hey Jeff, any idea on what new features will appear in the '06 TSX? I'm hoping they will add in bluetooth as the rest of the Acura line does (TL, MDX, RL, minus the RSX).
Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2005 13:56
osaze wrote:

You don't save much gas with high displacement I4 unless you have lots of stop and go in your traffic route.

On highway or steady consistant movement, the consumption of V6 and I4 doesn't differ by much.

On average my 3.5L VQ Altima uses only 12% more fuel than my 1.6L Civic. And from the EPA rating, TSX doesn't save that much over a TL either.

Honda4Ever
Profile for Honda4Ever
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2005 17:33
On the freeway, going 75-90+ on our auto TSX, we usually get 31-32 mpg. But last night, coming back from the in-laws, traffic was heavy and I was forced to keep it under 75 most of the way and we managed 35.1 mpg (according to the trip computer) over 100 miles. We gas'd up just before entering the freeway so this was all freeway cruising.

It surprised me to since we only have 3000 miles on the car. I haven't even done the first oil change yet =)

This is my wife's car. In daily use (mixed freeway and city driving) we get 25 mpg.

P.S. Cruise control wasn't used. In fact, the cruise control in this car hasn't been "turned on" yet.

watermelonman
Profile for watermelonman
Re: TSX sales... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2005 16:21
Jeff wrote:
I'm even considering trading my '04 TSX up to an '06 TSX simply because the resale value is so strong right now. My car will be 2 years old in a few weeks and it's hardly depreciated at all.

Not a bad plan, but you still get hosed by tax.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0