[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: Incomplete recall

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-17-2019 12:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Just got a notification from my Honda Link app about the incomplete recall.

Same one as last time. Possible Power loss

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2019 16:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
Just got a notification from my Honda Link app about the incomplete recall.

Same one as last time. Possible Power loss



I don't use that Honda Link app. I think the dealer tried to install something in my old phone, I got a new one so, I don't run many apps in it.

What's up?

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2019 17:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I need to contact my dealer and make an appointment. I am sure they will send a recall letter by postal mail.

I got the service survey e-mail from them about a month ago. I forgot all about it because of the holiday. Yesterday, when I tried to give them a perfect score, the survey period has expired.

Hope it won't count against them.

My Service Writer is great. The thing is, when I didn't deal with him, things got disorganized for a bit.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2019 17:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
I need to contact my dealer and make an appointment. I am sure they will send a recall letter by postal mail.

I got the service survey e-mail from them about a month ago. I forgot all about it because of the holiday. Yesterday, when I tried to give them a perfect score, the survey period has expired.

Hope it won't count against them.

My Service Writer is great. The thing is, when I didn't deal with him, things got disorganized for a bit.



What's the recall about?

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2019 18:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Same as last time, possible power loss on the highway.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2019 18:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
Same as last time, possible power loss on the highway.


My wife hasn't had any of those problems.

I don't get to drive my car anymore, much. But the few times I do, I don't have that problem.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-19-2019 01:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
Same as last time, possible power loss on the highway.


This sounds like a pretty significant problem. Have you experienced it? Is there any indication regarding the cause or resolution?

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-21-2019 21:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've never experienced it.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-22-2019 01:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
I've never experienced it.


us neither.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 21:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So, I dropped it in this morning after a Honda rep called me telling me that "my car telematics is telling them that the fuel stack needs some fixing"

Or roughly translated, it may ping something like "Your FCTEC may not kick in YO, you may be dead!!!"

I have been ignoring the notification from my Honda Link, but of course, with the phone call, it's easy to get the ball rolling.

They will take a week to fix it. When I dropped it off this morning, the Service Advisor mentioned another customer who actually got the power down while driving.

Never happened to me, luckily, and even if I did, with enough situational awareness, you'll just coast to the shoulder.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 22:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
So, I dropped it in this morning after a Honda rep called me telling me that "my car telematics is telling them that the fuel stack needs some fixing"

Or roughly translated, it may ping something like "Your FCTEC may not kick in YO, you may be dead!!!"

I have been ignoring the notification from my Honda Link, but of course, with the phone call, it's easy to get the ball rolling.

They will take a week to fix it. When I dropped it off this morning, the Service Advisor mentioned another customer who actually got the power down while driving.

Never happened to me, luckily, and even if I did, with enough situational awareness, you'll just coast to the shoulder.



Well, we just got a letter. ( I never bothered to attach the Internet to our Clarity...).

I guess there was a smaller batch of '17 and '18 Clarities that received a fix (replacement?) for their their Fuel Cell.

Now, they are pushing a second upgrade to ALL Clarity FCEVs that will inform the driver that the fuel cell is degrading BEFORE it dies on you.

This is supposedly a pretty quick upgrade.




NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 00:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So, I got the Clarity FCV back about two-three weeks ago. I guess they must have removed the cowl to pull the FC out. My wife drove it for a week after I got it back, and the first time I drove it out of the garage in the rain, I noticed right away that the passenger side wiper went past and hit the edge trim of the windshield.

Rather than returning it to the dealer, I just whip out #17 socket and adjusted it myself.

I need to see how it looks in other Clarity's, it looks kind of wrong that there is like an inch gap between left and right-hand side wipers when they rested. Maybe it was just my imagination (and the tech dude's too) that they are actually touching one another when rested.

Passenger side is at the bottom of the driver when rested. The one inch lower gap is so that it won't go over the windshield.

Also, I just got another recall by mail today. Something about the needed software update to not trigger some warnings when the H2 tank is on certain temperature (paraphrase).

I feel like we are the Beta tester for the rumored 2020 Acura Legend FCV. I don't mind, as long it looks good.

Or, I can perhaps get the 3.0TT RLX, hopefully with the updated infotainment HMI.


NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 00:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BTW, I smell coolant the first time I drove it home after getting a new "engine".

I guess they must have flushed and replaced all the coolants as well. So, I am good for the next 30K miles. Or is it 15K miles???

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 15:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
BTW, I smell coolant the first time I drove it home after getting a new "engine".

I guess they must have flushed and replaced all the coolants as well. So, I am good for the next 30K miles. Or is it 15K miles???



As I recall, it goes by time, not necessarily miles. Our reminder display is in time.

BTW, we got a second recall notice.. to upgrade the "Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor Software". It may incorrectly measure the temperature and throw an error.

Our temps in SoCal have not eked above 69F for over a month.

So, exactly what did they do to your car?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 16:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
So, I got the Clarity FCV back about two-three weeks ago. I guess they must have removed the cowl to pull the FC out. My wife drove it for a week after I got it back, and the first time I drove it out of the garage in the rain, I noticed right away that the passenger side wiper went past and hit the edge trim of the windshield.

Rather than returning it to the dealer, I just whip out #17 socket and adjusted it myself.

I need to see how it looks in other Clarity's, it looks kind of wrong that there is like an inch gap between left and right-hand side wipers when they rested. Maybe it was just my imagination (and the tech dude's too) that they are actually touching one another when rested.

Passenger side is at the bottom of the driver when rested. The one inch lower gap is so that it won't go over the windshield.

Also, I just got another recall by mail today. Something about the needed software update to not trigger some warnings when the H2 tank is on certain temperature (paraphrase).

I feel like we are the Beta tester for the rumored 2020 Acura Legend FCV. I don't mind, as long it looks good.

Or, I can perhaps get the 3.0TT RLX, hopefully with the updated infotainment HMI.




I just looked.

Passenger wiper at rest should be below the driver's side with the tip barely touching the plastic cladding below the windshield.

If the Legend FCEV is offered as a lease with perhaps just 30 bucks more a month and same incentives we will probably get it. Otherwise we might go for a Clarity PHEV just for the red HOV stickers. We will not charge it at home.

Yeah, got the other letter, see my other reply.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-10-2019 17:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thanks for checking the wiper position, Tony! At first, I didn't quite get it, but after looking at mine, yes, the tip of my passenger wiper also just barely touching the plastic cladding below the windshield, and that's a better way of describing its position compared to my attempt.

I am very sure that they pull and replace the FC with a new one, among other software updates.

Yeah, I got the second same second letter. I haven't reached out to the dealer yet.

The Legend FCEV will be $ 75K. It'll be > $ 30 extra per month, I bet.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Incomplete recall    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-12-2019 12:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
Thanks for checking the wiper position, Tony! At first, I didn't quite get it, but after looking at mine, yes, the tip of my passenger wiper also just barely touching the plastic cladding below the windshield, and that's a better way of describing its position compared to my attempt.

I am very sure that they pull and replace the FC with a new one, among other software updates.

Yeah, I got the second same second letter. I haven't reached out to the dealer yet.

The Legend FCEV will be $ 75K. It'll be > $ 30 extra per month, I bet.



The three year lease is awful. With all of this rain we may have to replace the wiper blades before we swap the car. :-P

The Clarity FCEC is valued at $60K ( that's what the car is supposed to be insured at and what we pay for registration purposes ) so the monthly payment is heavily subsidized.

A Legend FCEV will also be a California car, although with a putative 500 mile range, it might be a good ride to Vegas if they put a couple of hydrogen stations by the Strip and Downtown. So, I figure that even at $75K, AHM will be subsidizing it as a lease. The technology is changing so fast that buying a FC vehicle is sort of nuts.

I guess there will be mainstream versions of the Legend, with ICE and perhaps eSH-AWD ( now, that would be awesome -IMHO ) but the FCEV might be the sweet deal for those of us used to the H2 deal.

If the car comes in under $500 per month for a 60Kmile/3year lease, we might go for it.

Except, that at that point, my wife can get a nice MDX eSH-AWD Tech for a 60Kmile/2year associate lease.

So, I dunno. The main reason we got the FCEV is the HOV stickers. It saves my wife a lot of time.

( Yeah, I know, it's my car, took me 9 years to get one... but my wife owned it the second the stickers showed up).


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0