[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TOV Asia > > Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2019 07:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Here is, for information, the trend since I keep track of it.

And here the actual percentage per model now on sale (all cars in the lineup except the Civic are available with Hybrid powertrains).

MugenLee
Profile for MugenLee
Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 05:54
With the wave of electrification coming, within the next 10 years I'd be surprised if we're not looking at a very small percentage of cars running gas-only.

Unfortunately, Honda has been a bit slow in adding competitive EVs and although I have owned mostly Hondas, it looks like I may have to go with Nissan or Tesla later this year when I make a purchase.

MASTERNC
Profile for MASTERNC
Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2019 11:11
MugenLee wrote:
With the wave of electrification coming, within the next 10 years I'd be surprised if we're not looking at a very small percentage of cars running gas-only.

Unfortunately, Honda has been a bit slow in adding competitive EVs and although I have owned mostly Hondas, it looks like I may have to go with Nissan or Tesla later this year when I make a purchase.

I may be going with Toyota at the end of the year if that CR-V hybrid doesn't make it over to the States. Granted, the rest of the previous gen RAV4 was uninspiring, but now that Toyota has redesigned it (and aims to have 25% of sales be HVs), Honda's hand will hopefully be forced.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 04:43
For me Honda Japan still has the best lineup, followed by China. I've been pondering about importing an Honda for my next car. Currently they have an Freed 1st Gen Hybrid in Ireland.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/honda/freed/used-2012-honda-freed-deposit-dublin-fpa-201808179574155

With Swindon down and Europe getting the China lineup in the future, I'm hoping for the reintroduction of Honda MPVs in Europe.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2019 05:54
MugenLee wrote:

Well, Jaguar's new Ingenium 6 is 48-volt, has an IMA-style flywheel & an electric 1st stage charger. I should imagine that this will be commonplace with the next-gen of ICEs.

Peugeot have recently shown a sedan (of all things) prototype with a 100 BHP front-assist motor and a 200 BHP e-drive at the back.

The poor old Leg End was its overlooked (and over the hill?) precursor.

So I dare say, very few cars without some form of electrickery.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 10:09
The thing is, thanks to electrification ICE cars reach their maximum efficiency. And that's what Toyota and Honda understood before all others.

That is the very oposite to the german makers, who doesn't even understand this principle by today, yet Daimler nailed it down once in 2009.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiA__7Xh4_LAhVFhhoKHc96BFoQFggfMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ifpenergiesnouvelles.fr%2Findex.php%2Fcontent%2Fdownload%2F67646%2F1469715%2Ffile%2FImplementing%2520supervisory%2520control%2520strategies%2520for%2520Mercedes-Benz%2520hybrid%2520vehicles.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH58ushmdVBjeQc_w7-Suu5_eE6xw&sig2=cliDgxxZ9oSS0boyg8OkkQ&bvm=bv.114733917%2Cbs.1%2Cd.bGs&fbclid=IwAR2b-zr5l-bxFuHREkIjN_sz7t6_EptPxL8E4rDwSsmfoUAysqUGSbbuVEo

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0