[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Aston Martin Valkarie ICE (Cosworth Design)
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Dispenser Issues and Infrared Interface
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > American Honda Reports November Sales > > Re: RDX sets all-time record

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 15:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
With a full month left the RDX has already surpassed the previous best year of sales which was 52,361 in 2016. It has technically been six full months of on-sale time for the RDX, in those six months the RDX has sold 36,712 RDX. Obvious caveat is that June included thousands of old RDX but...still...

I keep bringing this up because it's both impressive and a pretty good sign that whatever Acura has coming for it's future FMCs should also be well-received.

It seems likely that people are accepting of the new infotainment system, that the exterior styling is working, and that the performance of the 2.0t is acceptable.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/acura/rdx/2019/2019-acura-rdx-vs-2019-cadillac-xt4-vs-2019-infiniti-qx50-comparison/

I don't think they have scoring but this is the first comparo I've seen with the RDX in it. Here is probably the most important bit for Acura:

Whether it was on city streets, the desert, or the highway, it was easy to choose a winner in terms of performance. The RDX quickly gained everyone's attention with the way it corners, its punchy power delivery, and the smoothness of the 10-speed automatic. It's not the quickest of the group, but it's the one that handles best.

In his first drive review Jeff compared the new RDX to the 3G TL.

To me what is different about this RDX compared to the 3G TL is that directly after the 3G TL Acura completely and totally switched directions (4G TL, Beak, big RWD V8 coming)...before abruptly switching directions again (smart luxury).

This time...the RDX is the direction switch and everything that is to come will follow the pattern of what they've done. Hard not to be optimistic about what the TLX and MDX will be bringing to the table.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 16:38
Ideally, the RDX is the starting point not only for the next MDX but also a smaller CUV.

Do something similar re sedans starting with the TLX, spun off to create both an ILX and a flagship sedan.

It would be a sound, cost-effective approach and sales would only get better when Acura got around to adding Type S variants across the board.

Great start, certainly, with the RDX, assuming of course that Acura hasn't compromised reliability over the long haul. To that end, if there are numerous models sharing technology and platforms, this will help hit reliability targets in the long run. Lots of products meeting different needs can be achieved using common platforms and technology. Two Acura-specific mass-market platforms (one SUV, one sedan) with lots of varied models derived from them. Makes setting Acura off on its own unique path viable, ending the process of conjuring up Acura versions of Honda product, always several years behind.

Many other automakers do not pay much of a price for deriving premium models from cheaper products but Acura has, sometimes unfairly. There is a clear path out of this scenario. Question is, will Acura pursue it, especially now that is appears to have a great starting point in the RDX.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 17:50
CarmB wrote:
Ideally, the RDX is the starting point not only for the next MDX but also a smaller CUV.

Do something similar re sedans starting with the TLX, spun off to create both an ILX and a flagship sedan.

It would be a sound, cost-effective approach and sales would only get better when Acura got around to adding Type S variants across the board.

Great start, certainly, with the RDX, assuming of course that Acura hasn't compromised reliability over the long haul. To that end, if there are numerous models sharing technology and platforms, this will help hit reliability targets in the long run. Lots of products meeting different needs can be achieved using common platforms and technology. Two Acura-specific mass-market platforms (one SUV, one sedan) with lots of varied models derived from them. Makes setting Acura off on its own unique path viable, ending the process of conjuring up Acura versions of Honda product, always several years behind.

Many other automakers do not pay much of a price for deriving premium models from cheaper products but Acura has, sometimes unfairly. There is a clear path out of this scenario. Question is, will Acura pursue it, especially now that is appears to have a great starting point in the RDX.

So just do Honda+ like they always have been doing which has mostly failed for their cars? Your basically telling them to just do "smart luxury" over and over again for sedans and not do anything different. 3 sedans based off a compromised platform is not a very good strategy, it is basically what they have been doing and why they are not very competitive, can't build a real full flagship sedan, and why they have no coupes or sub 100K sports cars.

How are you supposed to build a full on flagship sedan or even premium mid level sedan that is supposed to compete with a 5 series or E class when it is on the same basic platform as a sub entry level vehicle, especially when the platform will be a compromised FWD family sedan platform? It won't work.

The majority of Luxury makers base most of their sedans and coupes on uncompromised RWD platforms and don't share pretty much everything with common family sedans and econo cars.

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 20:05
Well, there is no doubt the RDX is selling very well and hits the sweet spot for many buyers...but, don't think we will be in the sales numbers for Dec or going forward. Our Acura dealer was pretty busy this weekend and am sure they sold multiple RDX's.

That said, better half needs a new ride and we were out this weekend comparing and of the 3 SUV's (RDX included) we drove, the RDX came in last to her. Q5 and X3 xDrive 30i were the other two. She didn't care at all for the center stack or the push/pull buttons of the transmission. She also didn't care for all of the chrome on the Advance trim, especially the lower, side pieces. Much preferred the A-Spec model...and in Black, unfortunately. Would have tried to talk her into White A-Spec if she really liked the SUV.

She didn't "hate" the RDX and said it was "nice", but overall felt the German's were much better put together, higher quality materials, and a better drive. She loved the Q5 interior, which is not surprising, but it did seem a little cramped compared to the others. Ultimately, as of right now, she's leaning X3 as the better all-around vehicle...before driving the the Lexus RX.

We'll see, and I realize there is probably a $5k-8k difference in price with the German's, but we tend to keep our cars for a long time and are fortunate enough that pricing isn't the issue. Although, she's shocked how expensive cars/SUV's are nowadays and said to just get her a used RX (probably 2015) and be done with it. Smartest financial move, but can't bring myself to have an RX in the driveway at this point. :)

PS. No more worried about reliability of German's and plenty of Indy shops in my area to get work done I can't do myself. Can always purchase extended warranty in 3-4 years, if feel it's needed for longer term ownership.

None
Profile for None
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 20:08
Agreed, the RDX is a run away hit.

Looking forward to a full year to see how it sells. And looking forward to a revised MDX.

New V6 turbo sounds like a big hit coming too.

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 20:17
lexusgs wrote:
CarmB wrote:

So just do Honda+ like they always have been doing which has mostly failed for their cars? Your basically telling them to just do "smart luxury" over and over again for sedans and not do anything different. 3 sedans based off a compromised platform is not a very good strategy, it is basically what they have been doing and why they are not very competitive, can't build a real full flagship sedan, and why they have no coupes or sub 100K sports cars.

How are you supposed to build a full on flagship sedan or even premium mid level sedan that is supposed to compete with a 5 series or E class when it is on the same basic platform as a sub entry level vehicle, especially when the platform will be a compromised FWD family sedan platform? It won't work.

The majority of Luxury makers base most of their sedans and coupes on uncompromised RWD platforms and don't share pretty much everything with common family sedans and econo cars.

People are moving away from sedans into CUVs, Acura's strong suit. If you don't believe me watch how many more X7s BMW sells compare to 7 series sedans. Acura is making money because the market has come to them, CUVs. End of story.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 21:29
Non-SUVs still matter but before we write off Acura in regards to Non-SUV sales, letís keep in mind that Acuraís current range of sedans are at the end of their life cycles.

The TLX is likely to get a full redesign in calendar 2019. The ILX probably will follow in 2020. The RLX is also due for a full reworking.

Until those redesigns come to market itís impossible to accurately determine the extent to which SUVs have drawn away sedan sales. My expectation is that the RDX will remain Acuraís top seller but sales of the sedans and the MDX will be boosted once the redesigns arrive.

No question that Acura had lost its way but the RDX represents a reworked formula that looks promising.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 01:56
cksi1372 wrote:
Well, there is no doubt the RDX is selling very well and hits the sweet spot for many buyers...but, don't think we will be in the sales numbers for Dec or going forward. Our Acura dealer was pretty busy this weekend and am sure they sold multiple RDX's.

That said, better half needs a new ride and we were out this weekend comparing and of the 3 SUV's (RDX included) we drove, the RDX came in last to her. Q5 and X3 xDrive 30i were the other two. She didn't care at all for the center stack or the push/pull buttons of the transmission. She also didn't care for all of the chrome on the Advance trim, especially the lower, side pieces. Much preferred the A-Spec model...and in Black, unfortunately. Would have tried to talk her into White A-Spec if she really liked the SUV.

She didn't "hate" the RDX and said it was "nice", but overall felt the German's were much better put together, higher quality materials, and a better drive. She loved the Q5 interior, which is not surprising, but it did seem a little cramped compared to the others. Ultimately, as of right now, she's leaning X3 as the better all-around vehicle...before driving the the Lexus RX.

We'll see, and I realize there is probably a $5k-8k difference in price with the German's, but we tend to keep our cars for a long time and are fortunate enough that pricing isn't the issue. Although, she's shocked how expensive cars/SUV's are nowadays and said to just get her a used RX (probably 2015) and be done with it. Smartest financial move, but can't bring myself to have an RX in the driveway at this point. :)

PS. No more worried about reliability of German's and plenty of Indy shops in my area to get work done I can't do myself. Can always purchase extended warranty in 3-4 years, if feel it's needed for longer term ownership.

Haha I can tell you my wife was like that too when she first drove the RDX - didn't care for it. She much preferred the RX that she tested earlier that day.

I convinced her to go for a second test drive a couple weeks later. And she changed her mind on the RDX. And after having the car for 5 months, she's in love with the RDX...

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 02:11
Is the Lexus still killing this thing? Hondarulez may have had "success" with getting his wife into an Acura, but mine won't go near the lot with a 10 meter cattle prod.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:02
I bought the new RDX in July and am still loving it. It's a wonderful vehicle all around and is a very attractive looking SUV too. The only other more attractive SUV in its class right now is the F-PACE. My wife even enjoys driving it and wishes it was her vehicle. I told her that when Acura redesigns the MDX I can give her my RDX and I will take the newly designed MDX. :)

My only complaint is that I wish Acura offered the V6 sports hybrid as I would like even more power as well as better city MPG. I only average around 20 MPG doing 50/50 city/highway driving.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:23
I'm interested in at least sitting in one, which I will probably do this weekend since it is next to the Nissan dealer (having remote start added to the Murano). It looks like the pano roof is standard across the entire line?
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:37
DCR wrote:
I'm interested in at least sitting in one, which I will probably do this weekend since it is next to the Nissan dealer (having remote start added to the Murano). It looks like the pano roof is standard across the entire line?

Yes the panoramic roof is standard. I went from a 2010 MDX to a 2019 RDX as I never used the 3rd row in my MDX, and the RDX 2nd row room actually feels bigger since it does not have to accommodate for a 3rd row. I also am loving the remote start ability via the phone app and use it all the time. The infotainment system is nice too and I think the true touchpad is easy to use.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:38
I would certainly consider the RDX. Looks very sharp in white A-Spec trim which would be my color and trim choice.
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:43
DCR wrote:
Is the Lexus still killing this thing? Hondarulez may have had "success" with getting his wife into an Acura, but mine won't go near the lot with a 10 meter cattle prod.

The RX is still the dominant ďluxuryĒ SUV yes. Itís around 110,000 sales a year and holding steady. If itís own looks canít kill it Iím not sure what will.

The GLC, Q5, X3 and RDX are all growing for sure though - with the RDX very likely to break 60,000 sales this year. The RDX will likely finish behind the GLC and Q5 this year but next year should be interesting. I have to believe that 70,000 units is possible for the RDX if everything goes perfectly

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 09:56
rev2damoon wrote:
I would certainly consider the RDX. Looks very sharp in white A-Spec trim which would be my color and trim choice.

I have the White Tech and was choosing between the Tech and A-Spec. I did not care for the rims on the Advance. So far the Tech has been great and looks way better in person than it does in any photos. If any of you live in the Chicagoland area I can give you info on the dealer I used as I got a great price. I searched for a 500 mile radius from where I live in central IL and landed on a dealer in the suburbs.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 11:57
longhorn wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
CarmB wrote:

People are moving away from sedans into CUVs, Acura's strong suit. If you don't believe me watch how many more X7s BMW sells compare to 7 series sedans. Acura is making money because the market has come to them, CUVs. End of story.

People are certainly moving from Acura sedans into their CUV's, that is not the case with all sedans though, not sure why some try to say that when BMW's, Mercedes, sedans still sell in enormous numbers, more so then their SUV's in some cases along with Lexus. Accords, Camry's, civics, Corollas and others are still huge sellers too. There are also CUV's that don't sell.

I hope the X7 does not outsell the 7 sells, the X7 is absolutely hideous.

None
Profile for None
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 18:10
bnilhome wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

I have the White Tech and was choosing between the Tech and A-Spec. I did not care for the rims on the Advance. So far the Tech has been great and looks way better in person than it does in any photos. If any of you live in the Chicagoland area I can give you info on the dealer I used as I got a great price. I searched for a 500 mile radius from where I live in central IL and landed on a dealer in the suburbs.

Yes, the tech wheels are better than the advanced. Acura should make rim selection a no cost option.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2018 15:26
DCR wrote:

Gotta admit the RX is very comfortable and quiet. It's a nice place to be in if you just want a very relaxed environment. Materials are nice too.

WillMax
Profile for WillMax
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2018 17:45
I bought a new RDX a few months ago. I LOVE the idea, but not the execution. The concept of the touchpad interface is GREAT, but the infotainment system is littered with software bugs. I have a laundry list of other defects including warped A-pillar trim, windshield distortion in the HUD reflection, STRONG vibrations while stopped in reverse with a cold engine, jerky 1-2-3 shifts, a squeaky brake pedal, CMBS errors accompanied by loss of cruise control and unexpected braking, puckered seat leather, rattle in the driver's door, and the seat leather smells more like decomposing flesh than tanned hides. I bought nine new Hondas in the last 12 years, but wanted to step up to the next level. I've had more quality issues with the RDX than all of my Hondas combined. I'm a big Honda fan, but this RDX is going down as one of my least favorite vehicle purchases of all time - regardless of brand.
Triaque
Profile for Triaque
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2018 03:15
WillMax,

I am having the same exact issue with the new 2019 Honda Odyssey. I have a laundry list of quality issues with this van and there is no end in sight yet. Flickering headlights when the A/C compressor cycles. A/C that doesn't cool when at idle and temps are above 85 degrees F. Hard popping sounds in tight parking log turns coming from the front struts. Telematics/Radio Head unit freezes and requires the battery cable to be removed to reboot it. Transmission D5 to D4 downshift causes the engine to rev way too high for about 2 seconds going down hill causing you to slam on brakes when you were downshifting to begin with. Paint thin or completely missing on the front bumper cover for about 18" of length in the fold of the plastic and thin on the corner crease. Driver and Passenger front doors have chattering noises when the audio unit is on at a modest level forcing you to turn the volume down to make it stop chattering.

Honda/Acura has some work to do to correct all these issues for sure.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2018 13:56
I brought the Murano in to get a remote starter installed, which "installed" meant all they had to do is order two new OEM remotes and reprogram the vehicle via port and it was ready in 45 minutes. During that time we went the couple of hundred yards down to the Acura dealer and I forced her to go inside the showroom to look at the RDX in there. She liked the looks pretty much, and the gunmetal gray was a nice color.

The interior was "fancy" but I did not like the interface with the touchpad at first, but I might get used to it. It was jumpy and even sitting still I had to really try not to over-shoot the icon I was trying to get and if lifted my finger to sort of jab and slide over it would jump back, so you can't lift up or you lose your place. I had to focus too much on the screen and I didn't like that very much. The sales guy showed me that I could also write letters on the pad while in the navigation to spell out initials of what I was looking for, so that was pretty neat.

I moved around to the back, opened the power gate and I was kind of surprised by how thin the rear seats looked from the back...they looked flimsy and cheap but I'm not sure if this matters to anyone else or if it matters at the end of the day in use, but I didn't expect to notice that. Things were going pretty well until the Acura guy asked us what she drove now, and when she replied "a Murano", the salesman replied, "Oh, I'm sorry"...which shut her right down and ended her entertaining an Acura, at least for now (but knowing her, probably forever). I'm not sure what he thought he would gain by that, but it didn't work in that direction.

I've also been reading in this section and really wonder what the hell is going on with some of these issues:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/

None
Profile for None
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2018 20:29
Don't think I would admit on any forum that I owned a Nissan. Especially a Murano. That's ugliest Nissan now that the Juke is gone.
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2018 21:31
Thanks DCR. When are you gonna drive one?

I saw also on AZ that there is an OTA update coming for the RDX this week.

That salesman is an idiot.

And the look of the RDX in the real world is growing on me for sure. I thought it was always fine - but it def works on road.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2018 23:56
None wrote:
Don't think I would admit on any forum that I owned a Nissan. Especially a Murano. That's ugliest Nissan now that the Juke is gone.

What would happen to you if you did "admit" to owning a Nissan? Worst case someone who you don't give a fuck about might come along and give their worthless opinion, and you just add it to the pile and move on.

The Murano has been rock solid and comfortable, so no complaints there. Until Nissan gives me a personal reason to doubt them, I'll go on the anecdotal evidence that the Murano has been as good if not better than any Honda SUV she has had.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 08:10
DCR wrote:
I brought the Murano in to get a remote starter installed, which "installed" meant all they had to do is order two new OEM remotes and reprogram the vehicle via port and it was ready in 45 minutes. During that time we went the couple of hundred yards down to the Acura dealer and I forced her to go inside the showroom to look at the RDX in there. She liked the looks pretty much, and the gunmetal gray was a nice color.

The interior was "fancy" but I did not like the interface with the touchpad at first, but I might get used to it. It was jumpy and even sitting still I had to really try not to over-shoot the icon I was trying to get and if lifted my finger to sort of jab and slide over it would jump back, so you can't lift up or you lose your place. I had to focus too much on the screen and I didn't like that very much. The sales guy showed me that I could also write letters on the pad while in the navigation to spell out initials of what I was looking for, so that was pretty neat.

I moved around to the back, opened the power gate and I was kind of surprised by how thin the rear seats looked from the back...they looked flimsy and cheap but I'm not sure if this matters to anyone else or if it matters at the end of the day in use, but I didn't expect to notice that. Things were going pretty well until the Acura guy asked us what she drove now, and when she replied "a Murano", the salesman replied, "Oh, I'm sorry"...which shut her right down and ended her entertaining an Acura, at least for now (but knowing her, probably forever). I'm not sure what he thought he would gain by that, but it didn't work in that direction.

I've also been reading in this section and really wonder what the hell is going on with some of these issues:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/

What about trying a different salesman/person? The RDX is the best effort from Acura in several years (I've driven it) and I'm sure that she'd end up appreciating it more than the Murano before too long.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 09:11
Damn, that entire section is filled with nothing but issues with the new RDX. I'd wait a year if you are really interested in one. It sounds like there is a big update for the infotainment system due out tomorrow.
Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2018 17:53
Dren wrote:
Damn, that entire section is filled with nothing but issues with the new RDX. I'd wait a year if you are really interested in one. It sounds like there is a big update for the infotainment system due out tomorrow.

I would be surprised if I did't have first-hand experience with many problems in my 2017 RDX with less than 30,000 km on it. In my view Acura is not a reliable brand any more, but it takes time for people to realize it. A good reputation takes time to be earned, and takes time to be lost.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: RDX sets all-time record [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-13-2018 00:10
My 2019 RDX has 0 issue so far..and I was one of the first people to get it..so it's a pretty early build.

The thing with the internet and car forums is that, people tend to ask about an issue, rather than making a thread and be like, "my car is trouble free." Not much point in doing that IMO.

Having said that, I feel like a lot of people expect things to be working flawlessly. For the infotainment system, it's a new design. I think it's a big ask for something as complicated as that to be 100% trouble free for every single owner. I also am not sure what is considered an issue. If the system is laggy a bit at one time, is that considered a reliability issue? I had an iPhone before, most of the time it runs smoothly, but from time to time, it would lag. Is that phone not reliable because of that? I just got a new Pixel 3, very smooth and fast in general. But it lagged a couple times. Is that phone also filled with problems?

Seems to be a lot of the "issues" are associated with the infotainment system and software related. I think that's the reason they have OTA. It's to add features and to fix some of the bugs. Can it be a hassle to have these bugs? Certainly. But to then say the car is unreliable...I don't know, that doesn't make much sense to me. It's like people saying the 2g RDX is unreliable because of its laggy, slow, outdated, and hard to use, two-screen infotainment system. It's not that it's unreliable, it's just that the system just doesn't work well for a lot of folks.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0