[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Resurfaced brakes at 12.5K miles!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: And a Merry CL77 Christmas to all...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Suspension grinding/scraping
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Ignition Systems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Knocking sound from the back at idle
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > CR-V > > Re: CR-V Hybrid

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: CR-V Hybrid    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2018 15:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
MSZ wrote:
JeffX wrote:
MSZ wrote:
JeffX wrote:
danielgr wrote:
ozzymir wrote:
I was hoping CR-V will offer similar power as the Hybrid Accord. They just had to make it little bit underpowered again.

I'm not sure about what you meant...
The CR-V system is pretty much identical to the one in the Accord...

It is interesting that Car magazine mentions a total system output of 181hp for the CR-V Hybrid, because I just skimmed through Honda Europe's press materials,and they don't seem to quote a system output for the CR-V Hybrid's 2.0 iMMD system. It shows the same discrete specs for the motor (181hp) and engine (143hp) as the Accord Hybrid. But in the US Specs, Honda lists a system output of 212hp for the Accord Hybrid.

The JDM CRV Hybrid is rated 184ps for the motor, and 145ps for the enginefor both FF and AWD models. I don't see the EUDM is any different.

oops, accidentally responded as an "edit" to your post initially.

yes, english hp vs metric hp. Same rating. Interesting that they don't provide a "combined" output for EU spec. Would be 215ps. Is it listed for Japanese spec?

I don't think the Japanese manufacturers ever listed combined output numbers. Obviously the CRV wasn't.

well, it is a bit confusing. And the bottom line is that this appears to be the exact same powertrain that's found in the Accord Hybrid.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: CR-V Hybrid    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2018 20:40
bigblue wrote:
Shock, horror, a pretty complimentary review https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/honda/cr-v-suv/

And the way in which it switches between driving modes based on the way you drive it is seamless. When pootling around town you'll find yourself in EV mode more than you might think, meaning you can coast around in silence.

This has benefits in that it's incredibly quiet and eco-friendly in urban areas, but you may also find yourself surprising a few pedestrians in built-up areas. When the engine does fire into life to send charge to the battery, it does so very quietly.

You'll find yourself in Hybrid Drive most of the time - be it in town or on faster roads away from urban areas, where the engine and electric motors are working together. But unlike many hybrid cars with CVT transmissions, the CR-V's set-up affords it a very hushed driving experience.

He wrote:

"Floor the throttle and there's a short wait while the powertrain seems to slowly build itself up to surge forwards, but it does so incredibly smoothly, and in a much quieter fashion than the petrol CR-V with a CVT"

Huh?

The iMMD platform's throttle response is immediate. It's greatest strength is the 0-10 mph dash, just like a diesel.

I wonder if he made those impressions with a very low battery charge? That's the only time you have to "wait" for the ICE to wind up.

Or perhaps he was driving it in ECO mode.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: CR-V Hybrid    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2018 20:44
JeffX wrote:
well, it is a bit confusing. And the bottom line is that this appears to be the exact same powertrain that's found in the Accord Hybrid.

Nope, see my post below... if you drive it in ECO mode and/or a very low charged battery then you don't get the oomph right off the line and you have to wait until the ICE speeds up.

Of course, the AWD might load up the drive train a bit, but it should not modify the throttle response, specially for the front end.

Blame his review on his ignorance... for some cars you gotta RTFM.

DrS2k
Profile for DrS2k
Re: CR-V Hybrid    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 12:57
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/cr-v-hybrid/specifications.html

Impressive specs from the UK site.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: CR-V Hybrid    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2018 07:26
JeffX wrote:
MSZ wrote:
JeffX wrote:
MSZ wrote:
JeffX wrote:
danielgr wrote:
ozzymir wrote:
I was hoping CR-V will offer similar power as the Hybrid Accord. They just had to make it little bit underpowered again.

I'm not sure about what you meant...
The CR-V system is pretty much identical to the one in the Accord...

It is interesting that Car magazine mentions a total system output of 181hp for the CR-V Hybrid, because I just skimmed through Honda Europe's press materials,and they don't seem to quote a system output for the CR-V Hybrid's 2.0 iMMD system. It shows the same discrete specs for the motor (181hp) and engine (143hp) as the Accord Hybrid. But in the US Specs, Honda lists a system output of 212hp for the Accord Hybrid.

The JDM CRV Hybrid is rated 184ps for the motor, and 145ps for the enginefor both FF and AWD models. I don't see the EUDM is any different.

oops, accidentally responded as an "edit" to your post initially.

yes, english hp vs metric hp. Same rating. Interesting that they don't provide a "combined" output for EU spec. Would be 215ps. Is it listed for Japanese spec?

I don't think the Japanese manufacturers ever listed combined output numbers. Obviously the CRV wasn't.

As said above, Europe and Japan do not quote the "combined output", and myself I've never been sure of what it means.

Either way, the engines are the same (minus whatever tiny difference it makes for homologation in different countries).

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0