[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Resurfaced brakes at 12.5K miles!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: And a Merry CL77 Christmas to all...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Suspension grinding/scraping
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Ignition Systems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Knocking sound from the back at idle
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Spy Shots > > Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
BG
Profile for BG
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 11:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wheels have certainly shrunk as well as wheel arches....

This isn't it's worst angle....

No doubt Honda will offer the bigger white rims at a premium....

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 12:44
Also, the bonnet pressing has turned into a clamshell and forced another body line along the side - like a FIAT 127 but not as chunky-cute.

The loss of the single crease wrapping along the shutline and up the C-pillar is to be mourned. Again, the 127 managed that.

Overall, it's become all very generic - which is a shame.

Proposal for a new 127:

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 16:18
BG wrote:

Really? They haven't come close to keeping the essence of the Show Car! That front especially is going to hurt it BIG TIME from what we can see already. Why can't they translate Show Car to production better is beyond me, it's not like the Show Car had proportions or details so extreme it couldn't be followed in some shape or form........

It's as if the production designers are saying, 'good job fellows, but we're not going to copy you, we're doing our own thing' (and thumbing our noses at you in doing so).

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 16:43
Nick GravesX wrote:
Also, the bonnet pressing has turned into a clamshell and forced another body line along the side - like a FIAT 127 but not as chunky-cute.

The loss of the single crease wrapping along the shutline and up the C-pillar is to be mourned. Again, the 127 managed that.

Overall, it's become all very generic - which is a shame.

Proposal for a new 127:

Wow! Iím liking this!

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 19:12
2013 concept. Out of date already? I'm not a fan of the front end.
fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 19:52
urbanglowcam wrote:
True. It sounds like Australia's not fully behind BEV quite yet.

The place is so wide and sparse you really need the range.

revvin
Profile for revvin
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2018 22:46
BG wrote:

The transition from concept to production model is looking more and more like going from an iPod toa Chinese knockoff.

Shame. The concept is so pure.

I can't say I'm surprised, the CRZ had the same fate.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 00:19
fishchan wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:

It's hard for people who haven't been here to understand just how sparse a population/towns we have down here. :D

It pays to remember Australia has almost the same land area as the US, but our population just ticked over the 25 million mark, (land mass of 7.69m Km2 [USA 9.83m Km2]).

Even our cities are spread out over very wide areas. How do people in the greater LA area get by with the limited BEV range??

Bence
Profile for Bence
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 00:20
+1!

There is not a single thing I'd change!

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 00:43
I don't own a BEV, but have friends who have purchased them as side cars. They have their primary vehicles then a cheaper, used electric car to get to and from work daily. Second hand cars like the 1G Leaf or Fiat 500e are dirt cheap.

Some instances of range anxiety and having to get them towed, but otherwise the newer Teslas and Bolts are getting roughly what my S2000 gets on a full tank. My commute roughly equates to a single fill-up a week. Electric charging stations are everywhere here and even my company has several charging spots.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 00:54
We have quite a few electric charging stations in our city and office blocks, while our state automotive "club" is heavily into building a "supply chain" of charging stations along our south-west tourist route [about 600km].

If they're getting a weeks worth of commuting out of a single charge, I'd say that's impressive. But I thought use of air con in very hot weather, and heavy, snarled traffic greatly affected range??

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 01:10
That's very likely. Like I said I only daily an S2000 at the moment so couldn't tell you from my own experience. I do see loads of Teslas at my work alone. My average daily commute. Is something like 35 miles.

If anything, having the ability to charge at home, work, and most large shopping centers means you're pretty regularly good to go. The main concerns are the long trips where range anxiety can be a thing (i.e. a weekend trip to Vegas)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 05:19
NealX wrote:

Wow! Iím liking this!

It looks brilliant next to the original. It's lost none of the charm.

Some of David Obendorfer's other designs are equally impressive; his 2000CS really shows how unnecessarily ugly modern BMWs have become.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 10:34
sadlerau wrote:
fishchan wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:

It's hard for people who haven't been here to understand just how sparse a population/towns we have down here. :D

It pays to remember Australia has almost the same land area as the US, but our population just ticked over the 25 million mark, (land mass of 7.69m Km2 [USA 9.83m Km2]).

Even our cities are spread out over very wide areas. How do people in the greater LA area get by with the limited BEV range??

In LA only inner city, beach and elite/celeb buy BEV. They have no long commute

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 18:41
sadlerau wrote:
fishchan wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:

sadler, I took a road trip from Perth to Esperance during Xmas 1996 and there was a 90 minute section where I saw no other traffic coming or going. Spooky. Also some road sections were only paved the width of one lane because traffic is so sparse. I was told the etiquette was to put 2 wheels on the dirt if you encounter another vehicle.

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: 2020 Honda Urban EV Prototype Spotted    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2018 18:42
sadlerau wrote:
fishchan wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:

sadler, I took a road trip from Perth to Esperance during Xmas 1996 and there was a 90 minute section where I saw no other traffic coming or going. Spooky. Also some road sections were only paved the width of one lane because traffic is so sparse. I was told the etiquette was to put 2 wheels on the dirt if you encounter another vehicle. We had a great Christmas dinner at the Esperance Yacht Club. It was 35C degrees.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0