[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Resurfaced brakes at 12.5K miles!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: And a Merry CL77 Christmas to all...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Suspension grinding/scraping
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Ignition Systems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Knocking sound from the back at idle
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Odyssey > > Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-23-2018 13:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The van has just shy of 199,000 on the clock. Idle sounds good, full throttle sounds good. It cruises very nice at 80 mph and still gets decent gas mileage at 18-19 mpg mixed.

The only real issue is that at very light throttle there is a shudder that is mostly noticed at low speeds. Giving more throttle to medium or wide open and there are no issues. I passed someone the other day that required more input than I normally give the van and it did quite well.

I've looked around on web searches and seen such a wide variety of opinions I thought I'd ask here. I've seen torque converter, EGR valve, and perhaps a few others.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-23-2018 15:38
NSXman wrote:
The van has just shy of 199,000 on the clock. Idle sounds good, full throttle sounds good. It cruises very nice at 80 mph and still gets decent gas mileage at 18-19 mpg mixed.

The only real issue is that at very light throttle there is a shudder that is mostly noticed at low speeds. Giving more throttle to medium or wide open and there are no issues. I passed someone the other day that required more input than I normally give the van and it did quite well.

I've looked around on web searches and seen such a wide variety of opinions I thought I'd ask here. I've seen torque converter, EGR valve, and perhaps a few others.

has the motor mount ever been changed?

Maxtierney
Profile for Maxtierney
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-23-2018 20:12
Low speed shudder is usually attributed to the axles. I have an '14 with the same issue, but I can live with it until they completely go. My 06 is still going strong with 280K miles. If replacing, I'd recommend going with OEM rebuilt or new.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-24-2018 01:20
What’s your transmission fluid look like? I had a transmission shudder in my previous 08 TL. Took it to the dealer and they said the tranny fluid wasn’t burnt, just old. Had the tranny serviced and the shudder vanished. Keep in mind the tranny started this before it was actually due for service. The actual issue was the fluid which Honda admitted the fluid breaks down prematurely. There’s a newer formula out however but I now use Amsoil SS ATF in my TL SH-AWD.
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-24-2018 23:51
JeffX wrote:
NSXman wrote:

has the motor mount ever been changed?

Not to my knowledge. I purchased it with 168k on the clock from a friend. He did give me all the service receipts, so I can check the to see.

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-24-2018 23:55
Maxtierney wrote:
Low speed shudder is usually attributed to the axles. I have an '14 with the same issue, but I can live with it until they completely go. My 06 is still going strong with 280K miles. If replacing, I'd recommend going with OEM rebuilt or new.

That's about the only thing between the transmission and the wheels I haven't replaced since I purchased it. That and the bearings, which are irrelevant to this issue.

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: 2006 Odyssey -- Small shudder at low throttle    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2018 00:12
Civicb18 wrote:
What’s your transmission fluid look like? I had a transmission shudder in my previous 08 TL. Took it to the dealer and they said the tranny fluid wasn’t burnt, just old. Had the tranny serviced and the shudder vanished. Keep in mind the tranny started this before it was actually due for service. The actual issue was the fluid which Honda admitted the fluid breaks down prematurely. There’s a newer formula out however but I now use Amsoil SS ATF in my TL SH-AWD.

I changed it with three drain and fills with Honda DW1 over about a 6 week period. I didn't feel any discernible difference in the car from before and after the fluid changes. The last of the drain and fills was about 2,500 miles ago. The color was only very slightly off from clean fluid.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0