[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
More.......................
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
More.......................
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
More.......................
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: 1967 HONDA CB77 SUPER HAWK: $25,000 at Mecum
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: FR platform for the TLX
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: When will Si have more HP and LEDs?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Hondata Flashpro for 2019 RDX
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2019 NSX Snow Day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove a VW Atlas and the new BMW X5...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Long Term Update - Motor Trend
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda to keep NSX for Super GT's Class One era
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Passport Media Drives happening now
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Toyota Supra
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2007 TL-S vs 2018 TLX V6-AWD
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Incomplete recall
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota: Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicles will eventually be cheaper than gasoline-powered cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase > > Re: Price

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
    
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 14:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The MSRP of the Touring AWD CRV is sooo close to the RDX Tech SH-AWD.

For three years in a row we did the comparison between top of the line CRV AWD and RDX Tech AWD and the RDX kept winning.

Today, I think that by the time you're done looking at the Touring CRV then you take a peek at the RDX... more power with the 2.0T, much better stereo.. and now with SH-AWD (*)... you might as well reach up a little bit.

Dropping the NAVI from the EX-L.... figures.

The CRV still doesn't have rear torque vectoring AWD, huh?

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 14:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 16:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.


JPM52
Profile for JPM52
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 17:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




What options gets you up to $37k?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 17:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




not sure about where you are, the deals are slim to nonexistent on new SH-AWD RDXs here in my parts. You can negotiate a bit more on a CRV. The delta is considerably more than the differences in MSRP, for now.

I'm not even sure I'd go all the way to a Touring on a CR-V anyhow. If I were to get an additional CR-V, an EX-L AWD would be good enough for what we'd need.

I love the RDX but the interior is almost TOO nice. I put my dogs in the car and all that carpet trimmed area in the cargo hold is just a magnet for my dogs' fine hairs and it takes HOURS to clean up. They don't ride in our TSX wagon for this reason.

I'm waiting to see what the Passport looks like before I do anything. I could still end up with an RDX and then just spend the money to kit out the cargo hold with all sorts of covers and pads to make it easier to clean up after a dog ride. Would love to have an SH-AWD RDX for some fun snow day drives. Of course, my luck, we wouldn't have a snow day for 4 years.

JPM52
Profile for JPM52
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 19:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




not sure about where you are, the deals are slim to nonexistent on new SH-AWD RDXs here in my parts. You can negotiate a bit more on a CRV. The delta is considerably more than the differences in MSRP, for now.

I'm not even sure I'd go all the way to a Touring on a CR-V anyhow. If I were to get an additional CR-V, an EX-L AWD would be good enough for what we'd need.

I love the RDX but the interior is almost TOO nice. I put my dogs in the car and all that carpet trimmed area in the cargo hold is just a magnet for my dogs' fine hairs and it takes HOURS to clean up. They don't ride in our TSX wagon for this reason.

I'm waiting to see what the Passport looks like before I do anything. I could still end up with an RDX and then just spend the money to kit out the cargo hold with all sorts of covers and pads to make it easier to clean up after a dog ride. Would love to have an SH-AWD RDX for some fun snow day drives. Of course, my luck, we wouldn't have a snow day for 4 years.



Jeff, the last I read the Passport may be shown at the LA show have you heard anything recently on it?

wyy183
Profile for wyy183
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2018 21:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Personally, I think you're a bit nuts on this one. :-)

There is > $8k price difference.

The RDX has: more power (Tim the Toolman grunting in the background,) 10-AT (vs CVT,) Adaptive Dampers, SH-AWD, Parking sensors, Touchpad, 10.2" display (vs 7",) 12-speaker ELS stereo (vs 9-speaker,) GPS linked climate, panoramic sunroof.

But --
It requires premium fuel, and loses 6 mpg across the board.

Personally, I keep my sunroof closed 98% of the time (cold in winter, and another window to bake the inside in the summer) so that is a negative for me.

Maybe - since it is a minor difference, you can pay the $8k for me? :-)

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 09:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
wyy183 wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Personally, I think you're a bit nuts on this one. :-)

There is > $8k price difference.

The RDX has: more power (Tim the Toolman grunting in the background,) 10-AT (vs CVT,) Adaptive Dampers, SH-AWD, Parking sensors, Touchpad, 10.2" display (vs 7",) 12-speaker ELS stereo (vs 9-speaker,) GPS linked climate, panoramic sunroof.

But --
It requires premium fuel, and loses 6 mpg across the board.

Personally, I keep my sunroof closed 98% of the time (cold in winter, and another window to bake the inside in the summer) so that is a negative for me.

Maybe - since it is a minor difference, you can pay the $8k for me? :-)




It's possible if you check every single accessories option to get a crv near 39,000.

JPM52
Profile for JPM52
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 09:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Grady wrote:
wyy183 wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Personally, I think you're a bit nuts on this one. :-)

There is > $8k price difference.

The RDX has: more power (Tim the Toolman grunting in the background,) 10-AT (vs CVT,) Adaptive Dampers, SH-AWD, Parking sensors, Touchpad, 10.2" display (vs 7",) 12-speaker ELS stereo (vs 9-speaker,) GPS linked climate, panoramic sunroof.

But --
It requires premium fuel, and loses 6 mpg across the board.

Personally, I keep my sunroof closed 98% of the time (cold in winter, and another window to bake the inside in the summer) so that is a negative for me.

Maybe - since it is a minor difference, you can pay the $8k for me? :-)




It's possible if you check every single accessories option to get a crv near 39,000.



But many of those such as the exterior body panels are kind of silly looking to be honest. The Touring is already pretty loaded as is Honda's normally pricing, with little need for options.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 09:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




This is horrible financial math. This is how people end up with $55,000 F150s on an 84 month term at 1.9% and wonder, 3 years later, how they hell they screwed up so badly.

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 14:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JPM52 wrote:
Grady wrote:
wyy183 wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Personally, I think you're a bit nuts on this one. :-)

There is > $8k price difference.

The RDX has: more power (Tim the Toolman grunting in the background,) 10-AT (vs CVT,) Adaptive Dampers, SH-AWD, Parking sensors, Touchpad, 10.2" display (vs 7",) 12-speaker ELS stereo (vs 9-speaker,) GPS linked climate, panoramic sunroof.

But --
It requires premium fuel, and loses 6 mpg across the board.

Personally, I keep my sunroof closed 98% of the time (cold in winter, and another window to bake the inside in the summer) so that is a negative for me.

Maybe - since it is a minor difference, you can pay the $8k for me? :-)




It's possible if you check every single accessories option to get a crv near 39,000.



But many of those such as the exterior body panels are kind of silly looking to be honest. The Touring is already pretty loaded as is Honda's normally pricing, with little need for options.



Well, sure but you can imagine TonyEX is the kind of person who would opt for the CRV fender badges and in dash Keurig coffee maker.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 20:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




This is horrible financial math. This is how people end up with $55,000 F150s on an 84 month term at 1.9% and wonder, 3 years later, how they hell they screwed up so badly.




No, there is NO moral equivalence between buying a $55K F150 for 84 months and leasing a $43K RDX for 24 months. None whatsoever.

Give you an example, my neighbor just leased a BMW 330 for $375/month and 10K miles per year for his daughter.

It was cheaper than getting a Honda and it's short term, he's not stuck with it for more than 3 years. Fits their family needs perfectly (well, I hope he checked out the cost of insuring a 19 year old girl in a BMW 330...).

I would offer the caveat that if you are at the limit getting a $37K car... then you should be looking at a $22K car instead. And should never look at a $43K car. But, if the $44K car is not a stretch to begin with, then it doesn't really matter....





TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 20:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Grady wrote:
JPM52 wrote:
Grady wrote:
wyy183 wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Personally, I think you're a bit nuts on this one. :-)

There is > $8k price difference.

The RDX has: more power (Tim the Toolman grunting in the background,) 10-AT (vs CVT,) Adaptive Dampers, SH-AWD, Parking sensors, Touchpad, 10.2" display (vs 7",) 12-speaker ELS stereo (vs 9-speaker,) GPS linked climate, panoramic sunroof.

But --
It requires premium fuel, and loses 6 mpg across the board.

Personally, I keep my sunroof closed 98% of the time (cold in winter, and another window to bake the inside in the summer) so that is a negative for me.

Maybe - since it is a minor difference, you can pay the $8k for me? :-)




It's possible if you check every single accessories option to get a crv near 39,000.



But many of those such as the exterior body panels are kind of silly looking to be honest. The Touring is already pretty loaded as is Honda's normally pricing, with little need for options.



Well, sure but you can imagine TonyEX is the kind of person who would opt for the CRV fender badges and in dash Keurig coffee maker.



No, we had two top of the line CRVs around 2009/11. They were AWD, leather, roof rack, fogs, rear bench cover, towing package, all weather mats, all weather rear trunk, clear rear fender protector and window deflectors.

Those things put together will run almost $3K.

Besides, I prefer espresso. My wife just gave me the go ahead to buy a Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL to upgrade from my Gaggia Classic.

I've become somewhat jaded with my cafe!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Price [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2018 20:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
The RDX Tech SHAWD lists for $42,500.

It costs $8,350 more than the CR-V Touring AWD which lists at $34,150.



Not really, once you start adding a few options to the CRV Touring AWD to sort of match it with the RDX Tech, the price goes up to mid $37K or more.

The only options the RDX Tech needed were the tow hook, all weather mats, rear shelf and roof rack. At that point the difference was about $5K or so... At that level, you are looking at 10%, which on a monthly basis it's not a big deal.

I mean, it's hard to justify a fully loaded 190 bhp CRV when for just a few more dollars a month, you can get the 260 bhp version with a much better interior and stereo.

And now, with full SH-AWD, it's really a no brainer.

Plus, I assume Acura dealers will deal, Honda dealers with the CRV? Admittedly I have little clue about dealers nowadays... abut looking at the sales numbers, I see that Acura dealers need to sell cars.




This is horrible financial math. This is how people end up with $55,000 F150s on an 84 month term at 1.9% and wonder, 3 years later, how they hell they screwed up so badly.




No, there is NO moral equivalence between buying a $55K F150 for 84 months and leasing a $43K RDX for 24 months. None whatsoever.

Give you an example, my neighbor just leased a BMW 330 for $375/month and 10K miles per year for his daughter.

It was cheaper than getting a Honda and it's short term, he's not stuck with it for more than 3 years. Fits their family needs perfectly (well, I hope he checked out the cost of insuring a 19 year old girl in a BMW 330...).

I would offer the caveat that if you are at the limit getting a $37K car... then you should be looking at a $22K car instead. And should never look at a $43K car. But, if the $44K car is not a stretch to begin with, then it doesn't really matter....







Tony, I'm pretty sure nobody outside of Honda associates can walk into an Acura dealer and lease an RDX Tech for 24 months. At least for not anything approaching the monthly cost of a CR-V Touring financed for 48 or 60 months.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0