[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Aston Martin Valkarie ICE (Cosworth Design)
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Dispenser Issues and Infrared Interface
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles > > Re: Different from the Avancier

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

metsfan84
Profile for metsfan84
Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 20:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Interesting. The rumors were saying we were just getting the Avancier that is currently sold in China, but apparently that wasn't true. Here is the Avancier.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 20:50
Hard to judge because Iíve never seen it in the flesh and itís detailing is China-specific but I was never really a huge fan of this exterior.

Interior is nice though.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 21:50
Nope. From the spy shots silhouette, the car is boxy and having square rear. I don't have much expectation than this car is just a shorter Pilot. Why not, the Pilot has capable drivetrain, both the engine and AWD is great. At least the 9 speed is revised now or so I read.

Honda is very much driven by numbers and amongst its peers one of the most efficient company. Going by that, why risk an endeavor that might not be profitable? With platform and outer shell sharing, Honda can make profit and still deliver what the market wants, a two row large SUV. With a shorter Pilot, they can use the same factory line, resources and know how to limit manufacturing defects, or share manufacturing defect, goes both ways.

I hope the Passport designs has a distinct differentiation compared to the Pilot.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2018 09:25
metsfan84 wrote:
Interesting. The rumors were saying we were just getting the Avancier that is currently sold in China, but apparently that wasn't true. Here is the Avancier.

ďPeople are telling me...___________.Ē

Everyone knew it was a shortened Pilot.

rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2018 15:38
A shortened third gen Pilot could be the same size as the First Gen Pilot. That gen was plenty big.
First Gen 188″ L x 77″ W x 71-72″ H.
Third gen 197″ L x 79″ W x 71″ H

TL_06
Profile for TL_06
Re: Different from the Avancier [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2018 09:24
metsfan84 wrote:

I'm happy that's not the new U.S.-market Passport. There is s-o much about the detailing of that vehicle I dislike. The hood vents, the curve of the roof to the greenhouse, the concave curve through the rear door handle, positioning of the rear reflectors... Even by Honda/Acura standards I find that ugly.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0