[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Aston Martin Valkarie ICE (Cosworth Design)
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Dispenser Issues and Infrared Interface
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles > > Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Legaldrugdlr
Profile for Legaldrugdlr
So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 13:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The Passport is poised to fit between the CRV and Pilot.
Looking at the tech specs for the RDX, it fits somewhat between the CRV and the Pilot. After seeing some other spy photos, it makes me think this is basically an RDX with Honda interior trimmings.

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 14:21
I think the RDX is an Acura spec'd platform (which is probably based on the Accord/Civic platform). So technically there can not be a "Honda" version.

The RDX used to be the CRV cousin, but this generation it is no longer the case.

Legaldrugdlr
Profile for Legaldrugdlr
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 14:47
Technically there can be a "Honda" version. As you stated the current RDX is likely based on the accord/civic platform. The Passport could very well use the same platform or slightly modified version of that platform. I haven't seen anything from Honda specifically stating it was using the Pilot/Ridgeline/Odyssey platform for the Passport. Most of us assume they will be, but we can still be proven wrong on the 27th.

So while the RDX/CRV pair occurred in the past, the future could very well be RDX/Passport.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 14:49
No.
JPM52
Profile for JPM52
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 16:39
Legaldrugdlr wrote:
Looking at the tech specs for the RDX, it fits somewhat between the CRV and the Pilot. After seeing some other spy photos, it makes me think this is basically an RDX with Honda interior trimmings.

I think it will be bigger, certainly as wide as the Pilot obviously.

auto_enthu
Profile for auto_enthu
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2018 03:08

Acura started moving away from honda-shared platforms with Acura dedicated RDX platform and I think it is working well for RDX.

So, I don't think Passport is the honda skinned RDX, although it may be similar in size.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2018 08:48
longhorn wrote:
I think the RDX is an Acura spec'd platform (which is probably based on the Accord/Civic platform). So technically there can not be a "Honda" version.

The RDX used to be the CRV cousin, but this generation it is no longer the case.

I agree...the RDX has separated itself from the Honda brand. Perhaps this Passport will have similar dimensions....but in terms of the rest, I don't see this as a Honda version of the RDX. I do see this as going after the likes of the Nissan Murano though.

wanga
Profile for wanga
Re: So...and Honda Badged RDX? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2018 18:49
Legaldrugdlr wrote:

It has been a long time that nothing " exciting" come out from Honda/Acura , The new RDX is basically resurrect the Honda brand. If honda rebadge the RDX ,I will sell mine and buy me a lexus

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0