[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix Race Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Engineering Explained on the CTR and its motor
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: evo's best Japanese cars, 5 new, 5 old
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla’s "Full Self Driving" Scam coming to light
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Dirt on Clean Electric Cars
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T (And 2.0 CTR)
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019/2020 Honda FR GT500
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 02 Accord V6 EX Coupe Stalling!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
shifter25
Profile for shifter25
2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 16:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Commercial Photography

Taken from here:

Last edited by JeffX on 09-24-2018 19:07
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 16:52
A volume knob and a few hard buttons. All that was needed.
mad_ox1
Profile for mad_ox1
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 17:40
The longer we go with just news on the '19 Sedan and Coupe, the more I worry the Hatch will go on unchanged.

Have I missed something and news on the Hatch has already been confirmed one way or the other?

incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 17:57
mad_ox1 wrote:
The longer we go with just news on the '19 Sedan and Coupe, the more I worry the Hatch will go on unchanged.

Have I missed something and news on the Hatch has already been confirmed one way or the other?

Nope. The hatch was released later and is built in a different plant (Swindon.) Honda May wait a year to update it.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 19:00
Something looks strange about the instrument panel on this photo. It looks identical to the current Civic configuration with one exception. Currently there are 3 distinct gauge areas in the instrument panel and they're all divided with 2 solid plastic pieces, one on each side of the primary tach/speedo display. To the left of the main display, you have the water temp. On the right is the fuel gauge.

From the perspective shown here it looks like you can see partially through the divider on the right side, as if the divider is floating above the face of the instrument panel. The divider on the left appears solid as the current one is. Does anybody else see what I'm talking about?

towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 19:11
I see it Jeff. Kinda like a flying buttress lol
shifter25
Profile for shifter25
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 19:17
Another angle:
Commercial Photography

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 21:00
JeffX wrote:
Something looks strange about the instrument panel on this photo. It looks identical to the current Civic configuration with one exception. Currently there are 3 distinct gauge areas in the instrument panel and they're all divided with 2 solid plastic pieces, one on each side of the primary tach/speedo display. To the left of the main display, you have the water temp. On the right is the fuel gauge.

From the perspective shown here it looks like you can see partially through the divider on the right side, as if the divider is floating above the face of the instrument panel. The divider on the left appears solid as the current one is. Does anybody else see what I'm talking about?

Actually, both seem to be floating..

IMHO, those dividers are dumb. Leave to AHM to take a hit and some how fuck it up. Oy!

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 21:18
Hmm so does the Sport model carry over the old infotainment, while higher trims adopts the new UI? Hard to tell since they are only showing Car Play
Slickone
Profile for Slickone
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 22:03
TonyEX wrote:
IMHO, those dividers are dumb. Leave to AHM to take a hit and some how fuck it up. Oy!

Whoever made this change and whoever screwed up the exterior by making the front lower section as all one black section forgot to contact one another to let each know "Hey, I screwed something up, so you don't need to.".

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-24-2018 23:40
shifter25 wrote:
Another angle:

yeah that one looks correct.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 02:28
JeffX wrote:

I know what you are saying. I thought it was interesting that the HR-V has what you are talking about. It's the sort of detail you won't notice unless you look, but the ring around the speedo is "floating" and you can actually see through the side to the gauge on the other side of the divider.

Is it possible Honda decided to do this for the MMC on the Civic?

sfg
Profile for sfg
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 07:52
The cars look good but do they have rattle issues like they've said ?

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 08:24
sfg wrote:

I was just talking about my stepdad about his '17 and he said it has developed rattles which bother him. In the same conversation he noted how impressed he was that he got 45mpg on the return trip from my house (NJ to PA).

Slickone
Profile for Slickone
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 10:55
vh2k wrote:
A volume knob and a few hard buttons. All that was needed.

Yep. Finally. And just to point out, not only did they add hard buttons to the HU, but also for the HVAC fan speed. Tiny yet huge improvement. Kind of sad it took 3 years to do so.

s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 12:03
I wonder which trim this is with the leather steering but cloth seats and an updated (leather?) center armrest? Also the center speaker on the top of the dash?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 12:07
s2ktaxi wrote:
I wonder which trim this is with the leather steering but cloth seats and an updated (leather?) center armrest? Also the center speaker on the top of the dash?

The caption on the photo says it's the Sport.

hondagrl
Profile for hondagrl
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 18:46
By reading, I think the sport is going to have red instrument panel lighting. That must be the touring model with more speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Keen7601
Profile for Keen7601
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:16
Finally! Paddle shifters!
Keen7601
Profile for Keen7601
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:21
Finally paddle shifters !
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:39
Any word about when we will see pictures of the 2019 hatch interior? My wife is seriously interested in a Sport Touring hatch.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:47
Bullwinkle wrote:
Any word about when we will see pictures of the 2019 hatch interior? My wife is seriously interested in a Sport Touring hatch.

It's my understanding that the hatch and CTR are on the same update cycle, so don't expect any changes prior to '20 MY. I imagine it will be pretty much the same upgrades as we're seeing in the sedan.

DannyB
Profile for DannyB
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 13:48
Is the screen supposed to be higher resolution, or is it just the addition of buttons?
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 14:35
JeffX wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:

It's my understanding that the hatch and CTR are on the same update cycle, so don't expect any changes prior to '20 MY. I imagine it will be pretty much the same upgrades as we're seeing in the sedan.

So other than the volume button and a couple hard buttons on the entertainment unit, what would be the differences between an 18-19 Sport Touring HB and a 19 sport touring Sedan? To my eyes comparing them visually, they look remarkably similar.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 14:44
Bullwinkle wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:

So other than the volume button and a couple hard buttons on the entertainment unit, what would be the differences between an 18-19 Sport Touring HB and a 19 sport touring Sedan? To my eyes comparing them visually, they look remarkably similar.

I honestly don't know but it's probably pretty much limited to those things. Perhaps there will be some slight variations in the upholstery?

On the outside I'm guessing we could see similar refinements to the plastic bits (bumpers)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 14:54
DannyB wrote:
Is the screen supposed to be higher resolution, or is it just the addition of buttons?

I sort of expected this to be the same unit that's in the '19 Insight but the buttons are actually slightly different, and if we're to believe the photo of the Sport, it appears to still be running on the older UI, whereas the UI in the Insight is in line with the one you get in the Accord, Odyssey and Pilot. Very strange. With that in mind it does make you wonder if they kept the WVGA (800x480 pixel) resolution display for the new Civic (the Insight has 720P).

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-27-2018 00:21
2019 base prices are up $510 to $500 largely across the board. Sport manual will go for 22k or 22845 for the rubber band transmission. The extra 500 is for steel from China and all the safety suite that is still in Beta release.
Nascar Jim
Profile for Nascar Jim
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-27-2018 03:42
I'm wondering if the updated unit is plug & play? Meaning, if it would be possible to purchase the updated unit or find one online and swap it out with the older unit? (I'm sure they won't be cheap at dealer prices)

I remember seeing a video, maybe it was from Hondapro Jason, when the 10th Gen Civic first launched in which it was pointed out how the display screen kind of sticks out instead of being flush in the dash, and he stated that it was like that due to future potential upgrades, such as larger or updated screens.

I've already heard of people with CTRs successfully swapping out the climate controls for ones from an LX so that they don't have to go through the laggy screen to work the climate controls. So maybe a screen swap would be possible too?

Design
Profile for Design
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-01-2018 12:00
sfg wrote:

In the 22K I've driven my Si Sedan, I've developed one. It's the common rattle in the dash near the A Pillar, driver's side. Passenger side occasionally exhibits the same noise, but it's rare. It's triggered by engine RPM and side-to-side transitions.

The fix by Honda is to replace the entire dash in order to ensure the connection points are properly insulated. I simply took a small black business card and slid it between the dash edge and A Pillar. Rattle has been gone for 3-4K now. I don't want to pull the dash, but will have Honda do so under warranty if the issue returns before 30K.

Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-10-2018 11:06
shifter25 wrote:
Commercial Photography

Taken from here:

So the real question is.....will the new entertainment head unit be plug and play with the 2016-2018 cars? Having watched the uninstall video, I was thinking I might buy and switch out my 2018 head unit for a 2019......been waiting on the 2019 to come out so that I can evaluate this option.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0