[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
More.......................
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
More.......................
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
More.......................
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
More.......................
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
More.......................
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-07-2018 07:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-07-2018 07:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-08-2018 00:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The RDX will help to put Acura back in contention, and hopefully is the first of many original designs.
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2018 07:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
2019 Acura RDX Audio Road Test: ELS Studio 3D
While the ELS system absolutely excels at music mixed in 5.1-channel surround Ė such as custom demo tracks put together by Scheiner and the Panasonic team Ė the truth is such music is hard to find, and because unlike past Acura models with DVD-Audio players, you canít just pop in a disc with the stuff (as with other new cars, there isnít even a CD player in the RDX).

Still, the system does a remarkable job with standard stereo-mixed music. This surround system is able to take that music and envelop you in clean, crisp sound. As with other systems, higher-quality in equals higher-quality out. That means songs I had ripped in the FLAC format and stored on a USB drive were literally music to my ears, but even lower-res files streamed via Bluetooth from my iPhone or transmitted via Apple CarPlay sounded excellent. Acura is known for bringing premium, quality-built vehicles at a price thatís a value compared to European competitors. With the new ELS Studio 3D system, the same can now be said for its audio system.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2018 08:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
2019 Acura RDX Audio Road Test: ELS Studio 3D
...Acura is known for bringing premium, quality-built vehicles at a price thatís a value compared to European competitors. With the new ELS Studio 3D system, the same can now be said for its audio system.


I think they may be a bit out-of-touch here. If nothing else, the ELS system has always been a highlight of Acura and represented an audio system that almost no other automaker could match in terms of perceived sound quality.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2018 10:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Review with espresso interior:


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrWfudN2mw

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 08:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.cars.com/articles/rdx-tasy-why-the-2019-acura-rdxs-sound-system-is-so-addictive-1420700666566/
While our impressions of the RDX's new multimedia system are mixed, the sound system's prowess should not be controversial. This is a wonderful-sounding and well-thought-out system that matches the redesigned RDX's cabin quality and driving experience. It's icing on what is turning out to be a pretty yummy cake from Acura ó one we can't wait to taste-test against the rest of this popular class.


TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 06:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A bit of a wake up call. I donít agree with the verdict, but this shows the RDX isnít a slam dunk and Acura still has work to do:

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/253073/acura-rdx-vs-infiniti-qx50/

Verdict

Both of these luxury crossovers are impressive, attractive, and well equipped. But the QX50 just barely nudges the RDX out.

Even though the Acura looks sharp, is fun to drive, and is slightly better in the tech department, the variable compression engine on the QX50 is extremely impressive and ProPilot is among the best in this class. Not to mention the Infiniti wears elegant, beautiful sheet metal.

You'll have to pay more to get all of the features you want Ė ProPilot in particular. But the QX50 still offers enough in the way of style and comfort out of the box to keep the RDX at bay.


TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 07:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2019-acura-rdx/review/


The Good
The new RDX is one of the more attractive vehicles in the small luxury SUV class, and it boasts one of the quietest, comfiest interiors, too.

The Bad
Poor transmission tuning isn't great for around-town driving.

The Bottom Line
While its European competitors might be a bit more buttoned-down on the road, Acura's RDX is a compelling, competent package, and arguably the best value in the compact luxury SUV segment.




bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 08:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TurkMan71 wrote:
A bit of a wake up call. I donít agree with the verdict, but this shows the RDX isnít a slam dunk and Acura still has work to do:

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/253073/acura-rdx-vs-infiniti-qx50/

Verdict

Both of these luxury crossovers are impressive, attractive, and well equipped. But the QX50 just barely nudges the RDX out.

Even though the Acura looks sharp, is fun to drive, and is slightly better in the tech department, the variable compression engine on the QX50 is extremely impressive and ProPilot is among the best in this class. Not to mention the Infiniti wears elegant, beautiful sheet metal.

You'll have to pay more to get all of the features you want Ė ProPilot in particular. But the QX50 still offers enough in the way of style and comfort out of the box to keep the RDX at bay.




It's one verdict that I do not agree with either. It appears the Infiniti is more targeting Lexus with its focus on comfort and a softer ride. I just purchased my RDX and picked it up Wednesday after cross-shopping it against the BMX X3 and X5, Audi Q5 and the F-Pace and when all things are considered, the RDX offered the best blend of style, sportiness (acceleration and handling), technology and space. I chose not to cross-shop the Lexus RX/NX simply for exterior design alone which is a similar reason I was not too keen on looking at the Infiniti. The only complaint I have thus far that I agree with in this article is the fuel economy, but given the cost of the RDX relative to its competitors, it's not a huge concern for me to spend an extra $200 a year on gas.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 08:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm as keen as anyone to see the RDX win, it's a very intriguing vehicle, but if you didn't actually try the QX50...
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 09:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What disappointing is to see all these negative complaints about the transmission, now that I have experienced the ZF 9, I would be afraid to go to the 10 speed as my biggest issue with the ZF is around town on the highway its actually fine. It's my wife daily driver and other than the technical glitches she encounters to her it's just fast to drive. Honda had enough time and lessons learned to get this right, get it together....

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 09:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Let's wait and see what Jeff has to say. It's the same transmission as in the Accord isn't it?
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 09:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
Let's wait and see what Jeff has to say. It's the same transmission as in the Accord isn't it?

Yes and that too has received complaints from media. My issue is if these complaints are coming in small sample runs, what will develope under long term ownership? Like the ZF9 part of me says because of their reputation this may turn out to be a reliable transmissions in the long run, then you read reports of already owners replacing theirs and you then you have that WTF moment.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 12:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Mikeydred wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
Let's wait and see what Jeff has to say. It's the same transmission as in the Accord isn't it?

Yes and that too has received complaints from media. My issue is if these complaints are coming in small sample runs, what will develope under long term ownership? Like the ZF9 part of me says because of their reputation this may turn out to be a reliable transmissions in the long run, then you read reports of already owners replacing theirs and you then you have that WTF moment.


Let's be clear about one thing. One of the main issues with the ZF 9AT's performance was inherent to the design. While that unit has been improved via software, it will always have certain flaws. The 10AT and the complaints surrounding it strike me as things that can be improved with software and, if so, we'll be left with quite a nice unit. My comments center around operation not durability.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 13:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Mikeydred wrote:
What disappointing is to see all these negative complaints about the transmission, now that I have experienced the ZF 9, I would be afraid to go to the 10 speed as my biggest issue with the ZF is around town on the highway its actually fine. It's my wife daily driver and other than the technical glitches she encounters to her it's just fast to drive. Honda had enough time and lessons learned to get this right, get it together....




I find it to be much better than the ZF 9AT. I have heard some complaints about shift quality(?) in the lower gears. What I've found so far is that at very light throttle openings (basically pacing suburban traffic from light to light) the shifting is very smooth and nearly imperceptible. At some point when you tip into the throttle more (but not FULL throttle) it does seem to have a bit more of a positive uptake with a mild thwop between shifts. Certainly not a "creamy smooth" shift like most people have come to expect from slushboxes. So maybe this is what's generating the complaints? They could certainly improve the part throttle/part boost shift quality.

At WOT I like the feel though I actually wish the shifts would be sped up a bit in the sport+ mode. It seems like it's doing a little too much torque management or something. I can understand it in the normal "D" mode of the transmission and especially in the "Comfort" dynamic setting. But for WOT in Sport+ I don't want to feel any falloff in boost even if that means a firmer shift.

B25Nut
Profile for B25Nut
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 19:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 misquoted the cnet review. It stated "Poor suspension tuning", not transmission. The report says "thanks to the smooth, well-timed programming of the transmission, you never feel any jerkiness through those myriad shifts".
I narrowed my search for a replacement for my wife's 2006 Lexus RX to the XC-60, QX50 and the RDX. The RDX has won, I just need to to work out a way so that it's my wife decision to get the RDX. I feel the first time she sits in one she'll be hooked. Our closest dealer is 130 miles away so shopping isn't easy.
The XC-60 is great, but just too expensive. The nail in its coffin came yesterday when I discovered all the vehicles currently in the U.S. are made in China instead of Sweden. The QX50 comes close to the RDX, but the fact that a $7,500 Sensory Package has to be added to match what the RDX already has puts the QX out of the price ballpark. The QX also has the cheapest looking and operating rubber-like sliding cover for its center storage area that I have ever seen. The QX beats the RDX on mileage, but it does so with a complicated engine that is still unproven for reliability.
The fact that the RDX is designed in California and Ohio and built in Ohio is very important to me. My only concern is how my wife will adapt to the Touchpad. It appears that Acura has done 99% of everything right on this vehicle, at a price within my budget. I can't wait to place my (our) order for one.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2018 07:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Oops - a simple reading misapprehension has now become an internet meme and the RDX will be cursed forevermore with a reputation for poor shifts.
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2018 11:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick GravesX wrote:
Oops - a simple reading misapprehension has now become an internet meme and the RDX will be cursed forevermore with a reputation for poor shifts.

Nick it's not just this CNET article others have stated it and its a known complaint of Accord drivers, but again probably nothing to read into. Maybe this will just be the norm for modern transmissions I'll take a DCT please....

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 19:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 19:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:



haha, I recorded a very similar video earlier today (not sure if I'll end up posting it because I was continually interrupted so it may not be worth editing) and I said almost the exact same thing about the piano black. I've always disliked the piano black trend and have never cared for it in any interiors. The RDX's interior is nice enough everywhere else that I can sort of forgive the piano black but I would much rather NOT have it in the car at all.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2018 09:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-26-2018 18:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-27-2018 07:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.tflcar.com/2018/07/2019-acura-rdx-a-spec-review/
The 2019 Acura RDX shifts along thanks to a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder turbocharged engine. The new unit makes its peak output of 272 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, along with 280 lb-ft of torque. Motive force is geared to the driving wheels via an electronically-controlled 10-speed automatic transmission with sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters. The new RDX has bests its rivals, including the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC and Volvo XC60 on performance figures. In fact, the new RDX pumps out 40 percent more low-end torque than the outgoing 3.6-liter V6.

The acceleration and performance capability is a superlative improvement over that of the outgoing model. The 2019 Acura RDX The ride quality leans to the firm side of the scale without being harsh, and the handling attributes are nimble and responsive.


bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-28-2018 13:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The new 2019 RDX scores a 9/10 and is the number one compact luxury SUV well ahead of many European brands. Acuras score could go even higher when they factor in official safety ratings.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/acura/rdx

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 07:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
2019 Acura RDX Review: High-Tech and Brand New, But Already Winning Americans Over
Acura banishes the boring, but the tech-laden RDX stays faithful to Honda's discreet, capable formula.

The last-gen RDX was simultaneously frumpy and nondescript. This one is more of an attention-getter, determined to prove itís not just a Honda in a leather jacket. To that end, Acura designers at its Los Angeles studio enlarged the brandís ďdiamond pentagonĒ grille, and borrowed from the stylistic doodle book that has inspired Lexus and other Japanese models: the ďfloatingĒ roof thatís meant to suggest fastback adventure rather than family responsibility; the theatrical kabuki face with sweeping headlamps and jagged air inlets; the origami sheetmetal and boomerang, LED rear taillamps. A thick brushstroke of chrome underlines the doors, rendered in gloss black on A-Spec models. Is this RDX beautiful? Not quite. But itís interesting, and that sure beats boring.

This is a better class of four-banger than what youíll find in a competing Lexus, Infiniti, Volvo, or even Mercedes, and in the conversation alongside the best turbo fours from Audi or BMW. Despite an occasional heartbeat of delay, the 10-speed transmission always finds the right gear, thanks in part to the ability to downshift four speeds in one fell swoop. (Iím still no fan of the 10-speedís transmission controls: Thereís one button for park, another for drive, a little scalloped-out toggle for reverse, and all three switches seem to have nothing to say to each other.) DIY-types can use the paddle shifters, but either way, this RDX actually likes to rev, and itís deceptively quick: Figure about 5.8 seconds from 0 to 60 miles per hour, a good half-second quicker than the previous V-6 model. The engine canít match the hustle of the 306-hp version in the Civic Type R, but the addition of balance shafts makes it silkier and quieter. In some competing vehicles, the four-cylinder strain would show, but Hondaís four-banger is so smooth that you rarely feel gypped over the lack of a six.


bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 07:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
2019 Acura RDX Review: High-Tech and Brand New, But Already Winning Americans Over
Acura banishes the boring, but the tech-laden RDX stays faithful to Honda's discreet, capable formula.

The last-gen RDX was simultaneously frumpy and nondescript. This one is more of an attention-getter, determined to prove itís not just a Honda in a leather jacket. To that end, Acura designers at its Los Angeles studio enlarged the brandís ďdiamond pentagonĒ grille, and borrowed from the stylistic doodle book that has inspired Lexus and other Japanese models: the ďfloatingĒ roof thatís meant to suggest fastback adventure rather than family responsibility; the theatrical kabuki face with sweeping headlamps and jagged air inlets; the origami sheetmetal and boomerang, LED rear taillamps. A thick brushstroke of chrome underlines the doors, rendered in gloss black on A-Spec models. Is this RDX beautiful? Not quite. But itís interesting, and that sure beats boring.

This is a better class of four-banger than what youíll find in a competing Lexus, Infiniti, Volvo, or even Mercedes, and in the conversation alongside the best turbo fours from Audi or BMW. Despite an occasional heartbeat of delay, the 10-speed transmission always finds the right gear, thanks in part to the ability to downshift four speeds in one fell swoop. (Iím still no fan of the 10-speedís transmission controls: Thereís one button for park, another for drive, a little scalloped-out toggle for reverse, and all three switches seem to have nothing to say to each other.) DIY-types can use the paddle shifters, but either way, this RDX actually likes to rev, and itís deceptively quick: Figure about 5.8 seconds from 0 to 60 miles per hour, a good half-second quicker than the previous V-6 model. The engine canít match the hustle of the 306-hp version in the Civic Type R, but the addition of balance shafts makes it silkier and quieter. In some competing vehicles, the four-cylinder strain would show, but Hondaís four-banger is so smooth that you rarely feel gypped over the lack of a six.




Thanks for sharing...nice review.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2018 19:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Today I was right behind a new RDX A spec leaving the Acura dealer.
A salesman's dream.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2018 13:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
Today I was right behind a new RDX A spec leaving the Acura dealer.(with 30 day tags on it)
A salesman's dream.




 
Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0