[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 13:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm driving a 2019 RDX Advance this week so if you have any specific questions or requests (i.e. photo/video), shoot them to me here and I'll do my best to answer them.
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 14:41
Nice ride. You doing any acceleration testing? If the next TLX is not out by the time my lease ends in Jan I might have to get one of these. I was really impressed with the interior fit and finish in the advance model I looked at last week.
nightflow
Profile for nightflow
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 15:10
Any in depth review of suspension and adaptive dampers would be helpful. Perhaps putting 200 lbs in the back and see how that changes weight balance, dynamics and handling?

jlin583
Profile for jlin583
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 15:54
Can you see how the transmission reacts during low speed crawls? C/D mentioned that the 10 speed in the Accord/Odyssey can stumble a bit in 1-2-3 gear.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 16:08
JeffX wrote:
I'm driving a 2019 RDX Advance this week so if you have any specific questions or requests (i.e. photo/video), shoot them to me here and I'll do my best to answer them.

(1) Can you select a destination by address when you are not in Park?
(2) How hobbled is the NAVI once you get moving? Say, are like 50% of the controls on the menus?
(3) Does it have the scroll/rocking wheel on the left spoke of the steering wheel like the TLX/Insight?
(4) I guess the Advance has the heated steering wheel and the remote engine start?
(5) Assume paddle shifters?
(6) No dog gears anywhere? Good engine braking?
(7) How is the SH-AWD doing in that CUV? Does it control the tail well? Does it corner flat?
(8) Brakes, do they fade? Do they seem "overboosted" compared to the other Hondas (our RDXs were).
(9) Back seat, does it fold down flat or is it like past RDXs and CRVs where the floor is sort of "lumpy"
(10) Back seat kneeroom. Like an Accord or much smaller?
(11) Back seat, will it fit three or is it just for two - assume a two hour drive?
(12) Steering feel. Does SH-AWD help out or is the steering a bit dead?
(13) Does you right knee/lower calf touch the left side of the center console?

Please don't compare it to your CTR... more to your kid's Si or, best, you TSX wagon.

Thanks

Have fun.

Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 16:53
It would be great if you could measure the fuel economy over a week of driving. I wonder if it will be better than the V6.
None
Profile for None
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 17:23
JeffX wrote:

Yes, ask when the new smaller Pilot goes on sale, and if it has the 2.oT powertrain.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 17:36
Sasker wrote:
It would be great if you could measure the fuel economy over a week of driving. I wonder if it will be better than the V6.

Oh, yes, thanks

WHAT IS THE RANGE PER TANK?

Honda1
Profile for Honda1
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 17:37
I'd like to know if there are any fit and finish issues and if the paint quality is improved as claimed by Acura.
anime_man24
Profile for anime_man24
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 21:36
why do u keep saying none's name?
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 22:35
Honda1 wrote:
I'd like to know if there are any fit and finish issues and if the paint quality is improved as claimed by Acura.

Thank you Jeff.

I would second Honda1's comment about the paint quality especially since Acura highlighted it.

Also any commentary on the braking performance as that has seemed to be a weak point on recent Acura's - especially to you Jeff.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 00:17
Sasker wrote:

Usually a week of driving is not a good indicator for what "regular" people get because I tend to spend a day or two hammering the car during testing, but I do try to spend at least a few consecutive days of driving like a "normal" person so I can get an idea of what the "real world" FE expectation is.

With that said, I don't think this is going to surpass the V6 on the freeway, at least, but I am driving it up to Knoxville and back on Saturday so I'll let you know how it goes on the open road. But for in-town driving I'm thinking it will probably match or maybe even slightly beat the v6.

I wish there was a FULL trip computer that would track the per drive MPG like pretty much every other Honda and Acura has, but for some reason the RDX doesn't seem to have it. If it does, I haven't been able to find it.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 00:51
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

(2) How hobbled is the NAVI once you get moving? Say, are like 50% of the controls on the menus?
(3) Does it have the scroll/rocking wheel on the left spoke of the steering wheel like the TLX/Insight?
(4) I guess the Advance has the heated steering wheel and the remote engine start?
(7) How is the SH-AWD doing in that CUV? Does it control the tail well? Does it corner flat?
(8) Brakes, do they fade? Do they seem "overboosted" compared to the other Hondas (our RDXs were).
(9) Back seat, does it fold down flat or is it like past RDXs and CRVs where the floor is sort of "lumpy"
(11) Back seat, will it fit three or is it just for two - assume a two hour drive?

Please don't compare it to your CTR... more to your kid's Si or, best, you TSX wagon.

Thanks

Have fun.

(1) I'll have to double-check this one but as I recall the answer is "YES" as long as you're using the voice command (which is actually MUCH better than all of the other voice command interfaces I've previously tried). I'm 99% sure that you can't key in the destination while the RDX is moving.
(2) I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this one but you can poke around on the map. It's just a little clumsy and I hope they fix it. You tap the touchpad and there's an item you then have to select on the screen in order to scroll around or even zoom in on the map. But to scroll around you seemingly have to drag 2 fingers on the pad, and in my limited experience so far, the response isn't really intuitive or smooth. In this scroll/zoom mode you can zoom in and out on the map but it doesn't track with your location - the map remains static while you move. Also, I wish it supported "pinch to zoom" but you have to click on little + and - icons on the right of the screen in order to zoom in and out of the map. So if you want to track with your location you have to exit this zoom/scroll mode but then you seemingly can't zoom in or out at all.
(3) it has dual scroll/rocking wheels. One on the left and one on the right. I just wish the scroll mode of the one on the left actuated the stereo's volume because that's what I instinctually it every time I wnt to adjust the volume. The left scroll wheel actually seems to do nothing unless you're in some specific menus on the HUD. I'm going to download the owner's manual and read up more on it though. There's a separate dedicated volume rocker switch on the steering wheel spoke to the left of this scroll rocker.
(4) Heated steering wheel, YES. NO remote engine start, which surprised the hell out of me (Civic and CR-V have this)
(5) YES, paddle shifters
(6) No dog clutch issues. GREAT engine braking, very responsive to paddles
(7) SH-AWD works great in this RDX. Much better than 1st gen RDX
(8) Haven't faded the brakes yet, but I haven't really stressed them too much. Feel is a little wooden to me. I wish the brake feel was better, to be quite honest.
(9) Seat folds "flat". In the sense that it's on pretty much the same plane as the cargo floor, though it seems to be a slight incline. I'll have to check it closer on flat ground and in daylight. I only messed with it on a sloped driveway so far this week.
(10) I don't think it's as good as the Accord on paper but I think the bottom cushion is probably higher off the floor so the average rear seat occupant will have less of a bend in their knee. I'll go back and examine this one a little closer. Think of the CR-V dimensions, but with more heavily padded chairs.
(11) 3 will fit but it's like most cars. 2 will be far more comfortable. The outboard positions are more contoured for comfort so those passengers will have more comfortable seating. The backrest of the center position is a folding armrest and it's a little stiff and didn't feel as comfortable to me as the outboard seats.
(12) Steering feel is not helped by SH-AWD except that there's no feeling of tug at the wheel from torque steer. There's nothing particularly wrong with the steering but there's nothing really remarkable about it either.
(13) So far, no. but there was a USB cord that was hanging out and brushing against my calf earlier today and I thought a bug was trying to bite me

I'm not comparing it to my CTR, nor the Si, nor the TSX wagon, because frankly, it doesn't really compare. None of these "sporty" CUVs do, really. They are just nicely balanced compromises - for some people they bring things to the table that more than offset the compromises. They're not the perfect answer to anything, though.

It's faster than the TSX wagon, for sure, but that's not really a surprise. The Si has a Hondata reflash, so I'm not sure the RDX is actually any quicker than the Si. From a ride/handling perspective it's quite good for a CUV, but I can still see plenty of occasions where I would choose the Si or our TSX wagon (it has a Mugen suspension) over it for pure driving pleasure.

The thing about the RDX is that the overall package is really good. Nicely designed and comfortable interior, attractive exterior, incredible stereo (Advance), acceptable fuel economy, fun to drive, AWD security, pretty good cargo room, good NVH.

Okay, speaking of NVH, as much as I love the K20C4, I do wish Honda would've made up a special version for the Acura with all of the tricks to make it sound and feel like a much more expensive engine, so people who are accustomed to the V6 sound and feel would have no real reason to complain.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 00:53
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

Thanks

Have fun.

Haha that's a long list but I hope you don't mind me jumping in. Mind you, mind is the Elite Platinum Trim in Canada so we do have a few more features than the US Advance Trim.

My wife has been able to do use the navigation system and other infortainment features while the car is in motion.

Haven't noticed any limitations.

Not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but yes.

On mine, it has both. Don't quote me on this but I heard US RDX does not have has remote engine start, other than AcuraLink.

Yup!

Engine braking is so so. Downshifting going downhill doesn't really slow the car down much.

When I first test drove it, I felt the brake feel was not too good. It felt like I needed to apply more pressure than expected to completely stop the car. That's not to say the brakes are weak, because when you do slam the brakes, the car stops quickly. It's just the feeling that took me a bit of time to get used to.

Not 100% completely flat, but I'd say flat enough. You be the judge:

Smaller than Accord, but still pretty decent.

No complaints from my wife and mom and we go out as a family with both of them at the back along with my baby in his car seat.

Not a whole lot of road feedback. But the weight can be adjusted based on the mode you are in. Rim size and diameter are great IMO.

Not at all.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 00:57
99SI wrote:
Nice ride. You doing any acceleration testing? If the next TLX is not out by the time my lease ends in Jan I might have to get one of these. I was really impressed with the interior fit and finish in the advance model I looked at last week.

I will do some acceleration testing.

The interesting thing about the RDX is that for whatever reason it seems like there's a pronounced pause between gear shifts, at least when compared to how the 10AT performs in the Accord and Odyssey. In theory the RDX should probably hit 60 in the mid 5s thanks to the AWD launch traction and its combination of power, torque, and 10AT, but due to the pause between shifts I don't think it can do it.

Just spitballing, but maybe the pause is there to reduce shift shock through the powertrain. With the FWD Accord and Ody, that can be absorbed by some wheelslip from the unloaded front tires.

Last edited by JeffX on 07-19-2018 00:58
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 01:03
TonyEX wrote:
Sasker wrote:

Oh, yes, thanks

According to the EPA numbers it's rated for 27hwy with a 17.1 gallon tank. That indicates a range of over 450miles. That means I should be able to make the round trip to Knoxville on Saturday with a single tank. From what I've seen so far, I'm thinking 400miles will be the max "comfortable" range IF I feather-toe it. If I drive "normally" I'm guessing I'll have to fill it at the 350 mark. My wife's anxiety levels skyrocket when the "low fuel" light illuminates.

Last edited by JeffX on 07-19-2018 01:05
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 07:17
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Sasker wrote:

Oh, yes, thanks

According to the EPA numbers it's rated for 27hwy with a 17.1 gallon tank. That indicates a range of over 450miles. That means I should be able to make the round trip to Knoxville on Saturday with a single tank. From what I've seen so far, I'm thinking 400miles will be the max "comfortable" range IF I feather-toe it. If I drive "normally" I'm guessing I'll have to fill it at the 350 mark. My wife's anxiety levels skyrocket when the "low fuel" light illuminates.

I know itís hard in TN, but if you come across come flat highway can you set the cruise and reset a trip fuel economy at a couple different speeds and go for a few miles? Just curious how steady state FE compares to the Accord in the real world.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 12:16
Yes, I told the the RDX has remote start through the Acura link. I told the dealer that was an omission as it is so handy having it on the key fob like our MDX
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 12:43
No questions here. I just thought I'd say thanks again for your doing what you do. Your drive reviews are thorough and answer whatever questions I have about the cars.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 13:20
I had a list of gripes/quirks that I was logging but I just struck one of them off the list.

The other day I was pulling into a tight parking spot and I was wanting to pull up the surround-view camera to make sure I had enough curb clearance that I wouldn't gash the wheels, but I could only get it to appear when the vehicle was in reverse. On the RLX and MDX there's a camera button on the dashboard that you can press which turns the cameras on, but I couldn't find this button anywhere on the dash of the RDX, and that disappointed me.

But TODAY I bothered to download the owners manual (I know, RTFM and all that) and I now see that there's a silver "CAMERA" button on the end of the wiper stalk. I never would have thought to look there. It's a good spot though, now that I know that it's there. Always within easy reach when your hands are on the wheel.

Last edited by JeffX on 07-19-2018 14:02
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 23:37
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

Thanks

Have fun.

(1) I'll have to double-check this one but as I recall the answer is "YES" as long as you're using the voice command (which is actually MUCH better than all of the other voice command interfaces I've previously tried). I'm 99% sure that you can't key in the destination while the RDX is moving.
(2) I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this one but you can poke around on the map. It's just a little clumsy and I hope they fix it. You tap the touchpad and there's an item you then have to select on the screen in order to scroll around or even zoom in on the map. But to scroll around you seemingly have to drag 2 fingers on the pad, and in my limited experience so far, the response isn't really intuitive or smooth. In this scroll/zoom mode you can zoom in and out on the map but it doesn't track with your location - the map remains static while you move. Also, I wish it supported "pinch to zoom" but you have to click on little + and - icons on the right of the screen in order to zoom in and out of the map. So if you want to track with your location you have to exit this zoom/scroll mode but then you seemingly can't zoom in or out at all.
(3) it has dual scroll/rocking wheels. One on the left and one on the right. I just wish the scroll mode of the one on the left actuated the stereo's volume because that's what I instinctually it every time I wnt to adjust the volume. The left scroll wheel actually seems to do nothing unless you're in some specific menus on the HUD. I'm going to download the owner's manual and read up more on it though. There's a separate dedicated volume rocker switch on the steering wheel spoke to the left of this scroll rocker.
(4) Heated steering wheel, YES. NO remote engine start, which surprised the hell out of me (Civic and CR-V have this)
(5) YES, paddle shifters
(6) No dog clutch issues. GREAT engine braking, very responsive to paddles
(7) SH-AWD works great in this RDX. Much better than 1st gen RDX
(8) Haven't faded the brakes yet, but I haven't really stressed them too much. Feel is a little wooden to me. I wish the brake feel was better, to be quite honest.
(9) Seat folds "flat". In the sense that it's on pretty much the same plane as the cargo floor, though it seems to be a slight incline. I'll have to check it closer on flat ground and in daylight. I only messed with it on a sloped driveway so far this week.
(10) I don't think it's as good as the Accord on paper but I think the bottom cushion is probably higher off the floor so the average rear seat occupant will have less of a bend in their knee. I'll go back and examine this one a little closer. Think of the CR-V dimensions, but with more heavily padded chairs.
(11) 3 will fit but it's like most cars. 2 will be far more comfortable. The outboard positions are more contoured for comfort so those passengers will have more comfortable seating. The backrest of the center position is a folding armrest and it's a little stiff and didn't feel as comfortable to me as the outboard seats.
(12) Steering feel is not helped by SH-AWD except that there's no feeling of tug at the wheel from torque steer. There's nothing particularly wrong with the steering but there's nothing really remarkable about it either.
(13) So far, no. but there was a USB cord that was hanging out and brushing against my calf earlier today and I thought a bug was trying to bite me

I'm not comparing it to my CTR, nor the Si, nor the TSX wagon, because frankly, it doesn't really compare. None of these "sporty" CUVs do, really. They are just nicely balanced compromises - for some people they bring things to the table that more than offset the compromises. They're not the perfect answer to anything, though.

It's faster than the TSX wagon, for sure, but that's not really a surprise. The Si has a Hondata reflash, so I'm not sure the RDX is actually any quicker than the Si. From a ride/handling perspective it's quite good for a CUV, but I can still see plenty of occasions where I would choose the Si or our TSX wagon (it has a Mugen suspension) over it for pure driving pleasure.

The thing about the RDX is that the overall package is really good. Nicely designed and comfortable interior, attractive exterior, incredible stereo (Advance), acceptable fuel economy, fun to drive, AWD security, pretty good cargo room, good NVH.

Okay, speaking of NVH, as much as I love the K20C4, I do wish Honda would've made up a special version for the Acura with all of the tricks to make it sound and feel like a much more expensive engine, so people who are accustomed to the V6 sound and feel would have no real reason to complain.

Thanks, good answers... I'm digesting them.

I wonder if we want an RDX or something else. I love the Insight as potential replacement for the FCEV, but I don't know if I want to go back to the RDX as replacement for La Black Mamba.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 11:41
Okay to follow up on a couple of the Navi related questions and to add to what 'Hondarulez' posted, here are some clarifications to these two questions from TonyEX:

TonyEX asked:

(1) Yes and no. But mostly yes. I think something may have changed since the NAV update that was issued between the time of our first drive experience because it seems like you could not type anything in while you were moving. Now you can enter text and characters by drawing the characters on the touchpad. It actually works quite well. But the keyboard *is* in fact disabled while the vehicle is moving. When you are stopped you can enter addresses via the onscreen keyboard.
(2)Really the only thing that seems to be disabled is the keyboard. In the owner's guide this is what it says

To reduce the potential of driver distraction, certain manual functions may be inoperable or grayed out while the vehicle is moving. Voice commands and handwriting entry are always available.

In the navigation manual there's a slightly differently worded notice
Certain on-screen controls are disabled when driving, however most of the voice commands continue to function. Pull to the side of the road if you need to devote more attention and time to look at the screen or access additional menus.

(4) As 'Hondarulez' mentioned, Canadian models have remote start from the keyfob. US models don't, but apparently you can remotely start it via the acuralink app if you pair it ot the car. I'm guessing that's part of the subscription (pay) service, but I haven't been able to test it with the AcuraLink app yet because I don't have the proper login info. I've requested that information as well as the pricing for the service.

(6) To clarify my earlier response, I answered in the context of "compared to the ZF 9AT" because I know that TonyEX has one and the dog clutch delay and resulting terrible engine braking are two of the biggest complaints of that transmission. So in that context, the Honda 10AT is like night and day compared to the ZF 9AT. Engine braking is much better than what you get in the ZF 9AT (which is actually NO engine braking or even worse, mild ACCELERATION at times when you downshift). There are limitations in terms of HOW MUCH absolute engine braking is available due to the RDX's small displacement 2.0L engine - it simply doesn't have a ton of braking force off of the throttle, but at least the transmission isn't getting in the way of providing the max possible engine braking.

(7) to supplement my earlier response, the SH-AWD does move the rear around quite nicely - it's easier to provoke some oversteer if you want it. What I've found on some of the turns I've encountered is the biggest limiting factor towards the RDX's handling (in absolute terms) is its higher center of gravity. It's difficult to get around that when you're in a higher riding CUV and it's not related to SH-AWD though you can find the RDX getting a little bit out of shape if you "overdrive" it too much on the wrong turn (such as an offcamber transition)

(8) I still haven't faded the brakes yet, though I haven't truly 'punished' them. I have engaged them from highway speeds on a long exit ramp just to get a feel for their braking power and they do feel good once you get past that initial pedal stroke. The first 20%-30% or so of braking stroke, the brakes just don't bite very hard and the difference in stopping force doesn't seem to vary much until you exceed that range, and then the braking force curve seems to increase more rapidly per mm of additional brake stroke, if that makes sense.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0