[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Resurfaced brakes at 12.5K miles!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: And a Merry CL77 Christmas to all...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Suspension grinding/scraping
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Ignition Systems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Knocking sound from the back at idle
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TOV Asia > > Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2017 21:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I don't know for other markets but, in Japan, and as I thought it would, the CR-V will use the 1.5L iMMD.
Whether there are some differences with the Clarity drivetrain I don't know, but I guess they'll be pretty similar.

Also, and rather unexpected to me, it will be available in both 2 and 3 row configurations.

Info comes from a Honda home delivered pamphlet, so I have no links but it is accurate (not a rumor).

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2017 04:37
Does it mention an AWD hybrid option too?
KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2017 06:13
According to car-research, there won't be an 4WD option as Toyotas "e-four" with the i-MMD.

https://car-research.jp/tag/cr-v

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2017 09:03
Fan Koni wrote:
Does it mention an AWD hybrid option too?

As far as I can remember there was not such mention, though I don't have the magazine with me to check again.

Xahybrid
Profile for Xahybrid
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2017 13:32
danielgr wrote:
I don't know for other markets but, in Japan, and as I thought it would, the CR-V will use the 1.5L iMMD.
Whether there are some differences with the Clarity drivetrain I don't know, but I guess they'll be pretty similar.

Also, and rather unexpected to me, it will be available in both 2 and 3 row configurations.

Info comes from a Honda home delivered pamphlet, so I have no links but it is accurate (not a rumor).

From Honda:
CR-V (Japan premiere)
The Honda CR-V is an SUV with the driving performance of a sedan yet with high functionality, and is supported in over 160 countries and regions worldwide. The fifth-generation CR-V includes a series-first hybrid model equipped with Honda’s unique “SPORT HYBRID i-MMD” two-motor hybrid system, which will be available in front-wheel drive and 4WD variants. Utility has been enhanced, adding a 3-row seat gasoline model to the line-up. Honda’s advanced safe driving support system “Honda SENSING” is now a standard feature.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2017 21:43
Xahybrid wrote:
danielgr wrote:

From Honda:
CR-V (Japan premiere)
The Honda CR-V is an SUV with the driving performance of a sedan yet with high functionality, and is supported in over 160 countries and regions worldwide. The fifth-generation CR-V includes a series-first hybrid model equipped with Honda’s unique “SPORT HYBRID i-MMD” two-motor hybrid system, which will be available in front-wheel drive and 4WD variants. Utility has been enhanced, adding a 3-row seat gasoline model to the line-up. Honda’s advanced safe driving support system “Honda SENSING” is now a standard feature.

This is the second time I've seen a similar quote, the other one brought here by someone else, but I think coming from American Honda.

At first I thought it might be a typo, but I guess it is now becoming more likely. I am still skeptical, but I find it very interesting indeed. Guess we will find about it soon.

Thanks for sharing.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-08-2018 18:36
Now the CR-V announcement is online at Honda.jp and it talks about 2.0L i-MMD as well as 1.5L i-VTEC Turbo

http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-V/new/

Interestingly the i-MMD offers FF and 4WD.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2018 10:33
KaizenDo wrote:
Now the CR-V announcement is online at Honda.jp and it talks about 2.0L i-MMD as well as 1.5L i-VTEC Turbo

http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-V/new/

Interestingly the i-MMD offers FF and 4WD.

Thanks for posting; That's an interesting development.

It seems that in the end the 1.5 i-MMD was either a typo or a last minute change of plans (we've been waiting for this car forever since it was previously announced)

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2018 12:51
You're welcome daniel.

Do you have any clue what the 4WD version of the Hybrid CR-V will consist of? Is it an mechnical solution as in the i-DCD hybrids, or does it get an rear electric motor like Toyotas e-Four?

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-11-2018 04:09
I thought it was established earlier that it is an entirely mechanical AWD on both versions; the iMMD merely has an electric 'gearbox'.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-11-2018 06:53
Nick GravesX wrote:
I thought it was established earlier that it is an entirely mechanical AWD on both versions; the iMMD merely has an electric 'gearbox'.

I still haven't seen any detailed info on it, so I'll gladly go through the Japanese Factbook when they release it.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-11-2018 12:42
Here is teh Factbook on the i-DCD Fit again. Back then they used an rear differential for the HYbrid Version too.

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwiMpIqihczbAhUrIMAKHXXaAvMQFghMMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2Ffactbook%2Fauto%2Ffit%2F201309%2Ffit_1309.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1UuN2NJQ6SZrN7gHmT_3dV

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 17:41
I found the pre launch information for the Euro CRV model, 1.5L VTEC Turbo and 2.0L i-MMD Hybrid.

http://www.honda.at/content/dam/local/austria/cars/pdf/AT_Vorinfomation_CR-V_2018-06.pdf

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-21-2018 05:26
4WD i-MMD at last!

It certainly looks a lot more competitive in EU-ausstattung.

I like the S2000 IP!

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-21-2018 12:56
Oh wow Austattung, 6MT available again!
Hopefully they will ship a few of those with the global CTR shipments.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0