[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
More.......................
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 WC
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Sachsenring TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> New H70 pumps freezing
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Car recommendation for cheap track fun?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Acclaimed 2018 Accords sit on the lot
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Celaya Plant Flooding and Recovery
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> '18 HAH vs '17 HAH
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Here they come...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2018 07:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Kaizen, you'd be better off on one of the BL-Rover forums I visit, where the humour is extremely brutal and very definitely post-PC.

German car industries are now collectively known as 'Monkey-gassers', for example.

Whereas the younger Germans have come to terms with the past and forgiven themselves for the sins of their forebears, the background to Pearl Harbour is still rather controversial (there is some evidence the 'revenge' was planned well beforehand) and thus the Americans may not be on the same page as the rest of us.

Anyway, I'm sure the European sheeple will continue to buy your country's Sd. e-Kfz. in preference to any Mitsubishi Zero-emissions Vehicles for the foreseeable, even if they are sub-standard.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 05:52
Hmm, that sounds just the right forum to be Nick :D

While i don't doubt there are still enough lobotomized VW fans (just as Tesla zealots), I have my doubts their Kradschmiede can still go on the way they used to be. We're getting Dieselbans now city by city, street by street. Based on that enforced emission regulations, it's quite possible that direct injected gasoline cars without particle filters might be banned too somewhen soon.

The fun doesn't end there though, I'm looking forward to see the effects of gasoline particle filters in the long run. Experiences with DPFs showed, that if you don't run them regularily on long distance travels on the Autobahn, they'll clog and cause damage to EGR systems with expensive repairs. There are many buyers of DI gasoline cars, who only run short distances. I can see an scenario, where some people really getting bichslapped for buying "Monkey-gassers" again.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 08:43
Ignorance alert (on my part) ... doesn't everyone do DI petrol engines these days ? And every manufacturer would be forced by legislation to meet the same regulations, likely with much the same technology ?
KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 15:30
Nope, not everyone does. Toyota is using multi port injection for a lot of it's hybrids and smaller vehicles still. Honda is using MPI for the 1.3L engine in the Fit, as well as the 1.5L Hybrid engine in Japan. According to Euro 6 emission testing, direct injected cars have to get below a certain threshold in particle mass and particle number in order to be approved.

See Euro emission norms

German and European makers are introducing particle filters and throw out older vehicles from their lineup. Mazda stated, they can accomplish this goal without particle filters but with new injectors, higher pressure and different shaped cylinder. Toyota said something similar with their D-4S System. I dunno Honda's stance on this.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 06:58
Hey, Kaep'n Schadenfreude,

Stadtler's been arrested now. Waldorf is said to have fled to South America...

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 07:34
Nick GravesX wrote:
Whereas the younger Germans have come to terms with the past and forgiven themselves for the sins of their forebears, the background to Pearl Harbour is still rather controversial (there is some evidence the 'revenge' was planned well beforehand) and thus the Americans may not be on the same page as the rest of us.

The bait (Pearl Harbor) was set on purpose and the Japanese took it.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 07:56
KaizenDo wrote:
Nope, not everyone does. Toyota is using multi port injection for a lot of it's hybrids and smaller vehicles still. Honda is using MPI for the 1.3L engine in the Fit, as well as the 1.5L Hybrid engine in Japan. According to Euro 6 emission testing, direct injected cars have to get below a certain threshold in particle mass and particle number in order to be approved.

See Euro emission norms

German and European makers are introducing particle filters and throw out older vehicles from their lineup. Mazda stated, they can accomplish this goal without particle filters but with new injectors, higher pressure and different shaped cylinder. Toyota said something similar with their D-4S System. I dunno Honda's stance on this.

I've been reading about gasoline particulate filters and a lot of OEM switching to these for tackling emissions. They just work as a normal catalytic convertor so no extra burning needed and no pee juice either.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 08:17
Some stuff, like wars, you rather don't touch unless you are in a forum about history or neutral ground.

Bringing that stuff in here certainly helps noone.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 10:22
BG wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

See Euro emission norms

I've been reading about gasoline particulate filters and a lot of OEM switching to these for tackling emissions. They just work as a normal catalytic convertor so no extra burning needed and no pee juice either.

Gasoline particulate filters can be integrated as a layer in the catalyst. It's about an extra 20 to 30 bucks at this point, and unlike diesel particulate filters they don't clog, nor do they require anything other than exhaust heat to regenerate. But as JihadDo is clumsily trying to explain, you can prevent a lot of particulates in the meantime by suspending gasoline in air as it is ignited; in naturally aspirated applications particulates are mostly formed by a poor mixture in the combustion chamber where gasoline droplets get the chance to coalesce and settle.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 14:37
Nick GravesX wrote:
Hey, Kaep'n Schadenfreude,

Stadtler's been arrested now. Waldorf is said to have fled to South America...

Check the News from Europe thread. Stadler has been reportedly taken custody in a BMW. His last words - "Do scheppert nix" :D

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 14:43
CarPhreakD wrote:
BG wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

See Euro emission norms

Gasoline particulate filters can be integrated as a layer in the catalyst. It's about an extra 20 to 30 bucks at this point, and unlike diesel particulate filters they don't clog, nor do they require anything other than exhaust heat to regenerate. But as JihadDo is clumsily trying to explain, you can prevent a lot of particulates in the meantime by suspending gasoline in air as it is ignited; in naturally aspirated applications particulates are mostly formed by a poor mixture in the combustion chamber where gasoline droplets get the chance to coalesce and settle.

Thankfully by now we know who's the real Jihadist, desperatley trying to provoke.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 15:09
BG wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

See Euro emission norms

I have read similar things as for example this:
The Gasoline Particle Filter

However, there is something that makes me suspicious - and that's the question who is making such studies? In this case the AECC?

On their website https://www.aecc.eu/about-aecc/ you'll find the following:
AECC (the Association for Emissions Control by Catalyst) is the international, Brussels-based association of European companies making emissions control technologies for engine exhaust and was first set up in 1978. We are a non-profit organisation with a scientific purpose.

The members of AECC are companies operating worldwide in the research, development, testing and manufacture of key technologies for emissions control. Their products are the ceramic substrates for catalysts and filters; catalysts (substrates with catalytic materials incorporated or coated); adsorbers; filter-based technologies to control engine particulate emissions; and speciality materials incorporated into the catalyst or filter.

Since these people are selling the filter products themselves, I'm wondering if there are also downsides which they don't tell you about.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Here they come...    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 22:31
KaizenDo wrote:

Thankfully by now we know who's the real Jihadist, desperatley trying to provoke.

And "pot calling kettle black" suddenly seems insufficient....

What a twat you are KaizenDo. After the way you started this thread, you accuse others of trying to provoke?

SC

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0