[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
More.......................
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motors Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura TLX-Based Test Mule Spy Photos
Join Discussion......
HondaJet --> Re: HondaJet Elite just announced
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Driver Seat Height Lever Clicks
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> 3 Honda Videos
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ordered Son of Black Mamba
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "American" cars made in Canada
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda just set a new front-wheel drive production car lap record at Spa
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Here they come...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Leer 100XL
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
NealX wrote:
Looking at Acura's site I see they reference the 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD model only.

there's some overlap between RX and RDX but the RX is more of an MDX competitor.

The NX is roughly based upon the RAV4 architecture, which lines it up with the RDX which is traditionally spawned from the CR-V. The CDX will likely be aligned with the HR-V architecture. Lexus UX will be the competitor to the CDX.

UGH for the UX - another ugly to endure...

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 17:05
NealX wrote:
JeffX wrote:
NealX wrote:
Looking at Acura's site I see they reference the 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD model only.

there's some overlap between RX and RDX but the RX is more of an MDX competitor.

The NX is roughly based upon the RAV4 architecture, which lines it up with the RDX which is traditionally spawned from the CR-V. The CDX will likely be aligned with the HR-V architecture. Lexus UX will be the competitor to the CDX.

UGH for the UX - another ugly to endure...

I do think that Acura does a nice job of going a slot above the competiton. The new RDX may be priced like the NX but will offer amenoties and interior space of RX

HondaDad
Profile for HondaDad
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 00:48
It's sad that you have to buy the top of the line to get a surround view camera system. Nissan offers surround view on it's sub $20k Versa Note SL. I guess Acura screws its customers because it can.

rxtreme
Profile for rxtreme
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 11:03
At the NY auto show every model showed the adaptive dampeners. I swear it did. Sux that its only available in the Advance. Really like those seats...
smArt
Profile for smArt
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 11:51
looks good over here

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 11:52
rxtreme wrote:
At the NY auto show every model showed the adaptive dampeners. I swear it did. Sux that its only available in the Advance. Really like those seats...

no, watch our video with the Sr. Manager of Acura Product Planning. He clearly said it was only on Advance trims.

Last edited by JeffX on 05-22-2018 12:04
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 12:50
HondaDad wrote:
It's sad that you have to buy the top of the line to get a surround view camera system. Nissan offers surround view on it's sub $20k Versa Note SL. I guess Acura screws its customers because it can.

It's just the way it is with many luxury car brands, or even non luxury car brands. They would offer a bunch of standard features, including some high end ones even in the base trim, but you would still need to get the highest trim for certain features.

For instance, I was just car shopping this weekend. The new RDX has panoramic roof standard on all trims. But for the RX350, you need to get the top package to get one here in Canada.

rxtreme
Profile for rxtreme
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 17:17
Yeah, the reason I made the comment was because I asked the team at the Acura booth specifically about this. The cars were locked, but all of them looked like they had the selector for the adaptive dampners. Its ok, I like the A Spec and the appearance package looks oh so sweet. but all the additional goodies on the Advance outweigh the appearances that package has to offer.

Those bitching about not getting this or that, I bet the decked out Advance package still comes in at thousands less than comparable BMW X3 or Audi Q5 types.

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 19:48
Jeff - are yall driving these now? When can we expect some first drive impressions? Im super anxious and excited about this car dude!
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 20:41
tsxfan19 wrote:
Jeff - are yall driving these now? When can we expect some first drive impressions? Im super anxious and excited about this car dude!

Media drives are happening this week. I'm not sure of the exact embargo date yet, but it won't be long.

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 21:30
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

Media drives are happening this week. I'm not sure of the exact embargo date yet, but it won't be long.

Tons of info on acurazine about the RDX and a thread on the media drives.

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-rdx-2019-454/start-media-drives-970015/#post16237440

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 08:23
Hondu wrote:
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

Tons of info on acurazine about the RDX and a thread on the media drives.

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-rdx-2019-454/start-media-drives-970015/#post16237440

Thanks for sharing that link. I think the real-life shots look so much better, and I really am liking the White Diamond Pearl A-Spec look in person. I don't think it looked as good at the auto show which I know sounds odd.

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 09:25
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

One of the media reviewer's claims embargo lifts on May 31st...so, we'll see. Look forward to your thoughts/review/etc.

My local dealer had the "traveling RDX" on Monday, but I wasn't able to make it to get a look. Soon...

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 11:10
cksi1372 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

One of the media reviewer's claims embargo lifts on May 31st...so, we'll see. Look forward to your thoughts/review/etc.

My local dealer had the "traveling RDX" on Monday, but I wasn't able to make it to get a look. Soon...

Pricing details are going to be released at 8AM EDT May 29th

Driving impressions 12:01AM EDT May 31.

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 11:41
cksi1372 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

Out of all I have seen so far, the only disappointment to me has been the EPA estimates on fuel economy. While not a deal breaker, I was hoping for a little better numbers.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 11:48
I'm curious about towing. Honda always seems to go conservative on tow ratings but I notice that the X3 and Q5 with their 2.0Ts are rated at 4,400lbs. With the added torque of the turbo and a [presumably] stronger planetary gearbox I wonder if they will try harder to compete here?

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 12:00
gofast182 wrote:
I'm curious about towing. Honda always seems to go conservative on tow ratings but I notice that the X3 and Q5 with their 2.0Ts are rated at 4,400lbs. With the added torque of the turbo and a [presumably] stronger planetary gearbox I wonder if they will try harder to compete here?

Towing is still limited to 1500 LB.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 12:29
Hondu wrote:
gofast182 wrote:

Towing is still limited to 1500 LB.

Not that people are buying the RDX to tow things but I think they're missing an opportunity for folks who have a casual or secondary desire to move something "big" around.

chang_bruce
Profile for chang_bruce
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 13:58
RDX specification

https://assets.acuratrainingguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/21223321/19RDX_MODEL_LINEUP_v2_0.pd

https://assets.acuratrainingguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/21223831/19_RDX_SPECIFICATIONS_AND_FEATURES_v2_0.pdf

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 14:16
Hondu wrote:
cksi1372 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
tsxfan19 wrote:

Out of all I have seen so far, the only disappointment to me has been the EPA estimates on fuel economy. While not a deal breaker, I was hoping for a little better numbers.

I agree that the city mpg rating and the base rims are the biggest disappointment in what apprears to be an amazing overall vehicle. Still dreaming of a V6 twin turbo Type S hybrid that gets 330-plus horsepower and 30 mpg city.

Acura...I will pay a nice premium for this enhanced offering!

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 18:23
So some key specs:

Power: 272hp@6500rpm
Torque: 280lbft@1600-4500rpm

Based on the above, when the engine is making 272hp @ 6500rpm, it's still making 220lbft of torque, not bad.

Weight:
RDX FWD: 3783lb to 3829lb depending on trim
RDX AWD: 4019lb to 4069lb depending on trim

EPA:
22/28/24 for FWD
21/27/23 for AWD
*A-spec has 1mpg less for hwy

supafamous
Profile for supafamous
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 21:42
Hrm...so it'll weigh about 250lbs less than a X3 30i, makes 25hp more, and has shorter gearing (I'm guessing). If the X3 does 0-60 in 6.2 this probably puts the RDX around 5.6-5.7 which is pretty quick for this kind of car. Also, a Q5 that's a 100lbs more with 252hp does 0-60 in 5.8 with an 8 speed box.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 23:36
supafamous wrote:
Hrm...so it'll weigh about 250lbs less than a X3 30i, makes 25hp more, and has shorter gearing (I'm guessing). If the X3 does 0-60 in 6.2 this probably puts the RDX around 5.6-5.7 which is pretty quick for this kind of car. Also, a Q5 that's a 100lbs more with 252hp does 0-60 in 5.8 with an 8 speed box.

Yea I think that sounds about right.

We will find out soon enough!

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0