[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX is Top Safety Pick+
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Author
  Post New Thread
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2018 09:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CarPhreakD wrote:
qingcong wrote:
Well, there's Ford at least.

Yes and FCA was the one who started the trend, albeit they only had two cars essentially to begin with.

I remember someone (not sure if on these forums) scoffing when I said that there's a great possibility another US automaker is going to pare back their car offerings, and 'lo and behold.

CarPrhreak-I fully agree with you. The trend away from cars/sedans to crossovers has been growing and growing, and that was one of the main criticisms for Genesis is the prioritization of the vehicles in their portfolio. I honestly think Acura needs to get on the ball and get the CDX and perhaps a 4th SUV in its portfolio to meet the growing demand for crossovers.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2018 10:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:
We've been saying "The Koreans are coming!" for over 15 years, dude. To imply that they're underdogs and are 'still advancing' at this point in the game is like saying Tesla is still a startup. The reality is that Hyundai-Kia has been a huge conglomerate for years, one of the key companies responsible for propelling Korea's economy.

The fact is, currently Hyundai-Kia is struggling mightily because this behemoth has not introduced SUVs into the market fast enough and is suffering from a bloated workforce and appreciating Won. Maybe the management structure needs to be pared down. Once they do so, the company will survive, they will be fine.

What's also factual is the current flip-flop management style of the Genesis brand, which has brought legitimate concern to the brand's success in general (unless you are going to call Fitdad's linked autonews piece "fake news"). While TOVers are screeching "what about Killary Acura!!?", I think just bringing the Acura name into the conversation without the OP's prompting says something.

I think the comparison to Acura's current brand mismanagement is warranted. The autonews piece sounds vastly familiar to anyone who has been following Acura's saga. My personal sentiment is "I hope that H-K can learn from Acura's shitshow and steer the ship before it's too late". Just like Acura, they can show up with good product, but with the same style of mismanagement they might end up with their own version of the ILX down the road.

Great post.

I would like to echo FitDad and say nice post CarPhreak.

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0