[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Author
  Post New Thread
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2018 09:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CarPhreakD wrote:
qingcong wrote:
Well, there's Ford at least.

Yes and FCA was the one who started the trend, albeit they only had two cars essentially to begin with.

I remember someone (not sure if on these forums) scoffing when I said that there's a great possibility another US automaker is going to pare back their car offerings, and 'lo and behold.

CarPrhreak-I fully agree with you. The trend away from cars/sedans to crossovers has been growing and growing, and that was one of the main criticisms for Genesis is the prioritization of the vehicles in their portfolio. I honestly think Acura needs to get on the ball and get the CDX and perhaps a 4th SUV in its portfolio to meet the growing demand for crossovers.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Genesis reverses plan to limit standalone dealerships    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2018 10:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:
We've been saying "The Koreans are coming!" for over 15 years, dude. To imply that they're underdogs and are 'still advancing' at this point in the game is like saying Tesla is still a startup. The reality is that Hyundai-Kia has been a huge conglomerate for years, one of the key companies responsible for propelling Korea's economy.

The fact is, currently Hyundai-Kia is struggling mightily because this behemoth has not introduced SUVs into the market fast enough and is suffering from a bloated workforce and appreciating Won. Maybe the management structure needs to be pared down. Once they do so, the company will survive, they will be fine.

What's also factual is the current flip-flop management style of the Genesis brand, which has brought legitimate concern to the brand's success in general (unless you are going to call Fitdad's linked autonews piece "fake news"). While TOVers are screeching "what about Killary Acura!!?", I think just bringing the Acura name into the conversation without the OP's prompting says something.

I think the comparison to Acura's current brand mismanagement is warranted. The autonews piece sounds vastly familiar to anyone who has been following Acura's saga. My personal sentiment is "I hope that H-K can learn from Acura's shitshow and steer the ship before it's too late". Just like Acura, they can show up with good product, but with the same style of mismanagement they might end up with their own version of the ILX down the road.

Great post.

I would like to echo FitDad and say nice post CarPhreak.

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0