[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 12:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 12:18
Wow.
FlanaganID
Profile for FlanaganID
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 12:22
Seems like a step backwards at the front, where it looks like a small evolution of the pre-MMC 9th gen coupe. But the back is much cleaner without the lobster claws. I suspect some of the more hardcore among us will be looking to swap the trunk lid and inner taillights.
TLinTX
Profile for TLinTX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 12:44
Wow is right! It looks 100% better with the cleaned up front and back ends.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 13:12
Far less crap than the Accord (what wouldn't?), but it would look more like the C001 concept without that black wing-thing above the headlamps and a simple body-coloured one-piece between bonnet & lights/grille.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 13:23
FlanaganID wrote:
Seems like a step backwards at the front, where it looks like a small evolution of the pre-MMC 9th gen coupe. But the back is much cleaner without the lobster claws. I suspect some of the more hardcore among us will be looking to swap the trunk lid and inner taillights.

Yeah I guess I'm in the minority. I prefer the front end of the US Accord Sport/Touring (with the dark chrome). The taillights on the Inspire are a slight improvement over ours.

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 13:24
Why didn't Honda hire this artist to design the US Accord?
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 13:35
JeffX wrote:
FlanaganID wrote:

Yeah I guess I'm in the minority. I prefer the front end of the US Accord Sport/Touring (with the dark chrome). The taillights on the Inspire are a slight improvement over ours.

Agreed. I love the US Accors front, hate the rear. The rear on this one is much better.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 14:02
Wonder if they’re getting something like this ready for a 2019 nip/tuck?

But uh-oh—black roof = pano roof? (Rattles galore and more?)

Any pressers on this? I’d assume not.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 14:07
And they’re showing an Accord Hybrid. What’s the difference between that and this? (Unless a TLX variant is an Accord, as happened through the 9th-Gen.)
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 15:06

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 23:16
Interesting...

I like the US Accord grill from a far but it gets clunky with the details up close. It looks like the inner edges of the headlights are thrown into a black hole of a grille with all sorts of inexplicable little detail openings and shapes all over. This Inspire grille/headlights treatment reminds me of the 8th gen Civic which is a good thing in my opinion even if it’s not as ‘modern’ and trendy as a large Audiesque maw. But it appears to only be an illusion because it looks like they just gloss blacked out the chrome uni-brow on the US Accord

The back is definitely an improvement but it’s not going to set many hearts a flutter. The blacked out gloss trim on the greenhouse makes for an interesting negative/positive space d-pillar...at least it’s not ‘floating’...

fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 01:22
add the hoodline from the Insight3 it will be perfect.
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 09:12
And the Inspire Concept's wheels are stunning. Very aerodynamic. Head turners.

Also, they are directional but have different (opposite) designs for the driver and passenger sides. (I hate when they put the same directional wheels on both sides -- so the design spins to the rear on one side, and the front on the other. LAME AND LAZY!!!)

Cory
Profile for Cory
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 10:32
It looks a lot better but does nothing to change the awkward hunchback looking side profile.
CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 10:46

The taillights do not need to extend over into the trunk lid. Both cars would look better if they did not.

CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 10:51

See what I mean?? Back when Honda's had distinctive styling (in a good way)

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 11:20
Would trade my 2018 in without question for this, and take a massive loss. Gorgeous.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:05
Chris_6MT wrote:
Would trade my 2018 in without question for this, and take a massive loss. Gorgeous.

For the 06?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:14
garoto628 wrote:
Chris_6MT wrote:

For the 06?

I think he means the Inspire.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 15:19
Also in China - I don't know if this is a variation on the Sonata like that of the Accord, but here's a new thing called "Lafesta."

fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 20:18
CB77 wrote:

That only came out because of this :)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 20:30
fishchan wrote:
CB77 wrote:

I remember when we caught the first spyshots of that 7th generation Accord. UGH. I felt bad for the guy who was heading up AHM's PR at the time. He was telling us something like "you gotta see it in person to really appreciate it!". OK. But it still sold reasonably well, maybe in part because the Coupe was still a great looking car.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 20:41
I would take the 06 again . I had that exact car black with ivory interior. I waited 10 long years hoping I could replace it with something similar to no avail. So ended up with a TLX. To be fair though the road noise was high, brakes were mediocre at best and handling was a little roly poly. The J30 + 6MT was a beast however. I thought the car looked a lot more expensive than what it was.
CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 21:34
fishchan wrote:
CB77 wrote:

That car (before its MMC) further makes my point "the taillights do not need to extend into the trunk lid". It was Honda's Buick.

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 21:46

garoto wrote:
Chris_6MT wrote:

For the 06?

Yeah, that totally makes sense!

Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 07:20
Ya know, folks, all kidding aside, as the pics above make clear, it would be a piece of cake to change (i.e., swap out) the bottom half of "our" front fascia for the one on the Inspire concept. Heck, American Honda could offer the latter now as a replacement (accessory) part. I'm should would be a sales winner!

Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 07:23
Oh, for an edit key!
CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 09:45

I have grown tired of Hondas that look like overwrought Hyundais. Perhaps it is a side effect of the Chinese market becoming a bigger and bigger portion of Honda's total sales, thus they get more say-so in Honda's styling. An unfortunate development.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: New Inspire Addresses Specific Accord Design Elements    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 10:56
CB77 wrote:

I have grown tired of Hondas that look like overwrought Hyundais. Perhaps it is a side effect of the Chinese market becoming a bigger and bigger portion of Honda's total sales, thus they get more say-so in Honda's styling. An unfortunate development.

That's my suspicion.

I cannot help thinking that with different versions (the Dongfeng & GAC Hondas, etc) that it wouldn't be too difficult to make different closing panels for different versions of the same car - much like the Insight is a (prettier) re-skin of the Civic. The Japanese used to do that a lot, once.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0