[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2020 Honda FCEV

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 02:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
In Honda's Fall 2017 investors info release they had a roadmap for future electric models. China BEV in 2018, Urban EV in 2019 and a new FCV in 2020.It states Japan will be lead for BEV with USA lead for FCV.

There are rumors of Honda working on a new sports car and with them debuting the Sport EV Concept last Oct in Tokyo.Stating only that it will be built off the new EV Platform(FR looking) and that BEV doesn't really work in a light small sports car.

Put the clues together and you get a FCV Sports Car in 2020.It fits because it will need to be a limited model because of the hydrogen lagging inter-stucture.

The new GM/Honda FC will be built in Mi and I would put my money on that the new FCV will be built in the same plant as the NSX.

Honda needs a FR Sports Car for the 2020 SGT/DTM season too.NSX will badly BOP in Japan and not allowed in DTM or the World SGT/DTM Final.

Rumor is it will be GT(not Roadster) and keep 60's look(might be fastback...bigger boot).

Honda has a new partner for their electric motors........Hitachi(who has history with bigger electric motors).

The new GM/Honda FC is suppose to be 1/2 the cost as todays FC.So will the new FCV cost about $50-70K?

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 20:06
Thank Goodness I have an AP2 or else Id hate Honda so much lol.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 08:59
:D

I'll second that and raise you an NA2...

TBF, a lot of companies (German Prunkwagens & Jaguar) over here are dropping the more 'desirable' (read fuel-thirsty) models and are rushing headlong to catch up with electrification.

briansxr
Profile for briansxr
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 00:19
http://sportscar365.com/other-series/super-gt/super-gt-dtm-exhibition-races-proposed-for-2019/
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 15:11
RolledaNsx wrote:
In Honda's Fall 2017 investors info release they had a roadmap for future electric models. China BEV in 2018, Urban EV in 2019 and a new FCV in 2020.It states Japan will be lead for BEV with USA lead for FCV.

There are rumors of Honda working on a new sports car and with them debuting the Sport EV Concept last Oct in Tokyo.Stating only that it will be built off the new EV Platform(FR looking) and that BEV doesn't really work in a light small sports car.

Put the clues together and you get a FCV Sports Car in 2020.It fits because it will need to be a limited model because of the hydrogen lagging inter-stucture.

The new GM/Honda FC will be built in Mi and I would put my money on that the new FCV will be built in the same plant as the NSX.

Honda needs a FR Sports Car for the 2020 SGT/DTM season too.NSX will badly BOP in Japan and not allowed in DTM or the World SGT/DTM Final.

Rumor is it will be GT(not Roadster) and keep 60's look(might be fastback...bigger boot).

Honda has a new partner for their electric motors........Hitachi(who has history with bigger electric motors).

The new GM/Honda FC is suppose to be 1/2 the cost as todays FC.So will the new FCV cost about $50-70K?

Heads up! The Clarity FCEV is insured for $59K.

You should probably have posted this in the FC Forum.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 15:44
Nick GravesX wrote:

TBF, a lot of companies (German Prunkwagens & Jaguar) over here are dropping the more 'desirable' (read fuel-thirsty) models and are rushing headlong to catch up with electrification.

Bah...

Seen on the back of my FC Clarity:

"My other car is a Zeppelin"

I really should put the hull number, LZ129, on the sides of the rear bumpers.

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 00:38
Nick GravesX wrote:

I want an NA2..never sell it..it keeps appreciating in value :)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 05:22
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Bah...

Seen on the back of my FC Clarity:

"My other car is a Zeppelin"

I really should put the hull number, LZ129, on the sides of the rear bumpers.

You should have that on the licence plate!

Oh, the insanity!

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 06:34
By the time Honda puts out a new sports car it'll run off garbage, have a flux capacitor, and take you back in time so you can buy a brand new S2000.
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2018 09:20
briansxr wrote:
http://sportscar365.com/other-series/super-gt/super-gt-dtm-exhibition-races-proposed-for-2019/

Well, this is news to me. Honda then will be forced to employ an FR car if indeed the DTM merge with Super GT. Since no FR car in the horizon, closest we will have is another frankencar like that prototype 2010 FR NSX GT. But to me the scenario of Honda and Acura having its own sportscar is a much better prospect for both brand. The NSX already raced globally as an Acura, another race with Honda on the name is confusing.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: 2020 Honda FCEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2018 03:04
Forgot photo.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0