[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: When Car matches Home

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 18:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The perfect car for the perfect mid century home:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Palm-Springs-CA/house_type/243346728_zpid/46965_rid/3-_beds/2-_baths/1750-_size/mid-century_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.810915,-116.534826,33.799308,-116.553987_rect/15_zm/

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 19:55
Car is nothing. The house is badass though!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 21:11
THX17201 wrote:

WTH?

A big white Cadillac in Palm Springs and a Mid Century house?

You dissing a big white Cadillac convertible in Palm Springs?

NUTS!

Actually, there are better houses, the tennis court in Palm Springs is really not gonna be used for six months of the year... the pool, OTOH, is a necessary accessory.

The Big Cadillac? Awesome. Imagine the fun driving a couple of miles to the club to load on a couple of martinis....

Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin forever in the stereo... ;-)

I did it my way...

Now let me tell you (nothing to do with cars)... I've been looking at homes in other states and, honestly, I am simply NOT impressed.

Most of the homes I see listed are simply too big with not an iota of style restrain (*). It seems like the idea in many places is that a "High End" home is just a bigger home, a MUCH bigger home. Not a home built with better materials, quality construction, additional electrical, better appliances... no... I think of it as the "Escalade Factor"... just a bigger house to impress the neighbors. What's the point of a 5000 sq foot with Home Depot fixtures? How about a 3000 sq foot home with post and beam construction, custom cabinetry and really very good appliances?

I mean, a High End home should be a different design paradigm than a cheaper home. There is no point of simply making a smaller, cheaper home larger... without rethinking it!

Just like taking a Chevy Suburban and dressing it up like a Cadillac Escalade.

OTOH, you can get a nice late 60s or very early 70s Caddie convertible, all white. and get a 2000 sq foot mid century house in Palm Springs...

I make a point of not looking at homes in San Marino, Pasadena, Corona del Mar and the West Side of LA because I don't want to be bummed out. (**) There are some incredibly beautiful homes in those areas.... but they cost a boatload of Toyotas.

Now, in the unique case of Texas, Jesus! Texas makes Las Vegas look like the epitomy of style and restrain!

Just try finding a 5 bedroom, 3+ bathroom home under 3000 sq feet in Plano, Texas. I feel bad for the Toyota folks that moved out there.

(*) I usually look for 5b/3+ba single level 3000 sq foot with 2+ garage and a gas range.

(**) I bought the Maggies from a guy in Solana Beach. He lives in a small bungalow on the cliff above the Pacific. Small house, small lot, HUGE view, HUGE price. The house was impeccable, with real high end stuff, not too much... the art was mind boggling too. My wife loved that house. Honestly, so did I.

I wonder if I can afford it.....

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 23:31
TonyEX wrote:
THX17201 wrote:

WTH?

NUTS!

Actually, there are better houses, the tennis court in Palm Springs is really not gonna be used for six months of the year... the pool, OTOH, is a necessary accessory.

The Big Cadillac? Awesome. Imagine the fun driving a couple of miles to the club to load on a couple of martinis....

I did it my way...

Now let me tell you (nothing to do with cars)... I've been looking at homes in other states and, honestly, I am simply NOT impressed.

Most of the homes I see listed are simply too big with not an iota of style restrain (*). It seems like the idea in many places is that a "High End" home is just a bigger home, a MUCH bigger home. Not a home built with better materials, quality construction, additional electrical, better appliances... no... I think of it as the "Escalade Factor"... just a bigger house to impress the neighbors. What's the point of a 5000 sq foot with Home Depot fixtures? How about a 3000 sq foot home with post and beam construction, custom cabinetry and really very good appliances?

I mean, a High End home should be a different design paradigm than a cheaper home. There is no point of simply making a smaller, cheaper home larger... without rethinking it!

OTOH, you can get a nice late 60s or very early 70s Caddie convertible, all white. and get a 2000 sq foot mid century house in Palm Springs...

I make a point of not looking at homes in San Marino, Pasadena, Corona del Mar and the West Side of LA because I don't want to be bummed out. (**) There are some incredibly beautiful homes in those areas.... but they cost a boatload of Toyotas.

Now, in the unique case of Texas, Jesus! Texas makes Las Vegas look like the epitomy of style and restrain!

Just try finding a 5 bedroom, 3+ bathroom home under 3000 sq feet in Plano, Texas. I feel bad for the Toyota folks that moved out there.

(*) I usually look for 5b/3+ba single level 3000 sq foot with 2+ garage and a gas range.

(**) I bought the Maggies from a guy in Solana Beach. He lives in a small bungalow on the cliff above the Pacific. Small house, small lot, HUGE view, HUGE price. The house was impeccable, with real high end stuff, not too much... the art was mind boggling too. My wife loved that house. Honestly, so did I.

WTH is wrong with you and your incoherent rants?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 03:58
THX17201 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
THX17201 wrote:

WTH?

NUTS!

I did it my way...

WTH is wrong with you and your incoherent rants?

This is par for the course!
:)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 06:22
To make ToV vaguely interesting again?
xsr
Profile for xsr
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 07:35
Wow - that's an ideal retirement snowbird pad. I'd take the white caddy too!
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 08:09
So you buy Lucy & Desi's golf house in Palm Springs and then you dishonor the memory by parking Boss Hogg's car out front? What a horrible thing to do.

My Top 3 List of Cars for the Palm Springs House:

3. 1959 Buick Electra 225 - sedan or convertible, it doesn't matter which.

2. 1956 De Soto Firedome Sportsman Hardtop with the Hemi - Jimmy Stewart's car from "Vertigo".

1. 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner coupe - the '50s car most credited for the styling trends for the American cars of the '60s. Easily 15 years ahead of its time.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 08:55
Tony, you’re not wrong about big houses made cheaply in Texas. We did find one builder who got the basics right, well-engineered, well-built, but sadly, with cheap GE or Frigidaire appliances. It’s Lennar in their mid-to-upper tier homes (not the cheap Classic Collection). Lennar is No. 2 nationwide. We’ve been in ours for three years with no problems. At the level we bought, up two levels, they allowed considerable customizing. They’re in the Plano and surrounding areas building a lot of houses right now.

Our place is 2500 sq. ft. 3 bedroom plus loft, which blends in nicely with the 5-bedroom house with 3300 sq. ft. next door.

Love or hate Texas, 140K people move to the DFW area every year, hence all the hurry-up house building.

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 13:02

Custom Chop 81... My summer of 14 cruiser out in front of Ledson Winery in Kenwood. They opened the circular drive to let me take photos... great folks.

Cruising over the GG bridge listening to Cal Expo '91 laughing my ass off the way life turned out.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 14:14
TonyEX wrote:

Translation: "Humph, such bourgeois tastes...blah, blah...so jejune...the real sophisticates have more creativity...they and their château are one with the car...their car (i.e., appliance d'elegance) is the pièce de résistance."

https://newatlas.com/renault-symbioz-concept-mobile-living-space/51308/

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 14:35

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:03
Ha!

Now that's incongruity.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:14
Nick GravesX wrote:
To make ToV vaguely interesting again?

I have noticed many rants lately that full fit within your definition of "Circularity".

It does get very boring.

You'd love Palm Springs in the spring. Really nice place. I don't drink martinis anymore... the perfect place to relax pool side with a pitcher of cold martinis and a cigar.

Have you seen the TV Show "Mad Men"? Those Mid Century homes in Palm Springs are the perfect setting for those.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:21
CanTeX wrote:
Tony, you’re not wrong about big houses made cheaply in Texas. We did find one builder who got the basics right, well-engineered, well-built, but sadly, with cheap GE or Frigidaire appliances. It’s Lennar in their mid-to-upper tier homes (not the cheap Classic Collection). Lennar is No. 2 nationwide. We’ve been in ours for three years with no problems. At the level we bought, up two levels, they allowed considerable customizing. They’re in the Plano and surrounding areas building a lot of houses right now.

Our place is 2500 sq. ft. 3 bedroom plus loft, which blends in nicely with the 5-bedroom house with 3300 sq. ft. next door.

Love or hate Texas, 140K people move to the DFW area every year, hence all the hurry-up house building.

Yes, Lennar does build homes here in Irvine too. I notice they include top of the line appliances as their default (semipro gas rangetops, built in 48" Subzero, etc, etc... But their entry homes (free standing condos, four stories with garage in the ground floor, elevator and no yard start at $1.1M and are way inland.

More and more I want to just build from scratch. Post and beam. New Century meets Frank Lloyd Wright. Lots of custom mid century walnut and rosewood. I just got to find the place. No way to find lots near the Pacific anymore unless you got $3M and doing a bulldozer job.

Yes, I understand the lure of Texas. The politics are good. But I can't stand the weather.

... or the BBQ with white bread and sweet sauce. Really? ;-)

And I really need four bedrooms.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:24
It can be a fun life. Huh?

How many cases of wine can you fit in the trunk? I guess you were going North over the GG, huh? Early afternoon with no fog. Nice.

;-)

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:26
Jovian8 wrote:

THAT.IS.FUNNY

Bravo!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:30
Grace141 wrote:
So you buy Lucy & Desi's golf house in Palm Springs and then you dishonor the memory by parking Boss Hogg's car out front? What a horrible thing to do.

2. 1956 De Soto Firedome Sportsman Hardtop with the Hemi - Jimmy Stewart's car from "Vertigo".

1. 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner coupe - the '50s car most credited for the styling trends for the American cars of the '60s. Easily 15 years ahead of its time.

I prefer the "restraint" from the 60s cars. More straight lines, bigger, longer...

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:58
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

Yes, Lennar does build homes here in Irvine too. I notice they include top of the line appliances as their default (semipro gas rangetops, built in 48" Subzero, etc, etc... But their entry homes (free standing condos, four stories with garage in the ground floor, elevator and no yard start at $1.1M and are way inland.

More and more I want to just build from scratch. Post and beam. New Century meets Frank Lloyd Wright. Lots of custom mid century walnut and rosewood. I just got to find the place. No way to find lots near the Pacific anymore unless you got $3M and doing a bulldozer job.

Yes, I understand the lure of Texas. The politics are good. But I can't stand the weather.

Tony, don't give up on Texas. Try far west Austin. Lots of custom homes out by Lake Travis in the Hill Country. Just bring buckets of (California) money. It has been noted that a goodly percentage of folks there sold their lowly little bungalows in Silicon Valley and purchased cliffside homes in Austin for cash while still keeping their West Coast salaries. Saturday morning is a hoot when the exotic cars come out to stretch their legs, and yes the cars are appropriate for their garages. You'd fit right in with your non-Texan accent. (My son lives amongst them but his exotic car would have to be that '11 gray/gray Accord EX-L.) The BBQ and Tex-Mex are the best in the state, a wide variety for all tastes, even Californians.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 17:35
CanTeX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

Tony, don't give up on Texas. Try far west Austin. Lots of custom homes out by Lake Travis in the Hill Country. Just bring buckets of (California) money. It has been noted that a goodly percentage of folks there sold their lowly little bungalows in Silicon Valley and purchased cliffside homes in Austin for cash while still keeping their West Coast salaries. Saturday morning is a hoot when the exotic cars come out to stretch their legs, and yes the cars are appropriate for their garages. You'd fit right in with your non-Texan accent. (My son lives amongst them but his exotic car would have to be that '11 gray/gray Accord EX-L.) The BBQ and Tex-Mex are the best in the state, a wide variety for all tastes, even Californians.

Been there... houses are still too waaay big for my taste and I have no desired to own an exotic car. And Travis County would be too close for comfort.

OTOH, I was told that in the mole-"Hill Country" they don't have rodents in their garages, just got to look out for the snakes.

Now I'm really bummed out.... but I can still rejoice this house is in LA County (but, jeez, what a beauty... close to JPL, elevation of this house is likely 1300 feet). (*)

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/20923792_zpid/4-_beds/Mid-Century-_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/34.299061,-118.078136,34.114221,-118.384724_rect/11_zm/

(*) Take that, Austin "Hill Country" ;-)

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 17:57
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

Been there... houses are still too waaay big for my taste and I have no desired to own an exotic car. And Travis County would be too close for comfort.

OTOH, I was told that in the mole-"Hill Country" they don't have rodents in their garages, just got to look out for the snakes.

Now I'm really bummed out.... but I can still rejoice this house is in LA County (but, jeez, what a beauty... close to JPL, elevation of this house is likely 1300 feet). (*)

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/20923792_zpid/4-_beds/Mid-Century-_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/34.299061,-118.078136,34.114221,-118.384724_rect/11_zm/

(*) Take that, Austin "Hill Country" ;-)

Damn you... now you got me looking in the Pasadena Valley and up there...

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/20837945_zpid/4-_beds/Mid-Century-_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/34.424753,-118.13015,34.055219,-118.743324_rect/10_zm/

I told you.... they have downright BEAUTIFUL homes.. not castles, not huge, just simply truly beautiful

Problem is... there's now way I can ever swing that. Heck I'd have to drive a 1970 Vega GT.. and then the cops would constantly stop me on the way home thinking that my car definitely did not match my house

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/20560079_zpid/4-_beds/Mid-Century-_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/34.188234,-118.02372,33.817663,-118.636894_rect/10_zm/

That's a view of the Getty Museum west. Catalina, Palos Verdes, South Bay (*) and the Pacific South; and LA and the little people South East.

Check out their laundry room too.

Closer to home... still pricey for me... I'd have to cough up a lot of money.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/25213748_zpid/4-_beds/mid-century_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.65228,-117.806826,33.559206,-117.960119_rect/12_zm/

But notice the kitchen appliances (although this last one put a small 36" Sub Zero, which is stupid, they should have sprung for the 48").

I'm showing you these houses for sale to give an idea that High End houses are not necessarily large, just very well trimmed.

My personal chateau is not as expensive, but like anything in SoCal it's 7 figures, but trust me, not even close to $2M.. Only Prop 13 keeps you in place. Otherwise there's no way I could afford the real estate tax... and if we move, we carry our Prop 13 assessed tax value..

And yeah, my '17 Ridgeline, '17 Clarity and '06 Civic IMA match my house!

(*) Hi Shawn! Hi AHM!

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 19:54
TonyEX wrote:
It can be a fun life. Huh?

How many cases of wine can you fit in the trunk? I guess you were going North over the GG, huh? Early afternoon with no fog. Nice.

;-)

I am nothing but blessed and thankful, truly. It was a 3 cooler trunk with room to spare for the rest of the stuff to take to the river. Gave it up when my Slingshot got close and I needed the space in my driveway.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 23:00
Tony, with your house money, you could pick a nice quiet treed neighborhood, a ‘60s-era house with a large lot, tear down what’s there and build your dream home. DFW or wherever. Forget those house farms on the outer fringes, you want an area with character. Then get a nice ‘66 Galaxie to sit in the driveway.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 19:02
CanTeX wrote:
Tony, with your house money, you could pick a nice quiet treed neighborhood, a ‘60s-era house with a large lot, tear down what’s there and build your dream home. DFW or wherever. Forget those house farms on the outer fringes, you want an area with character. Then get a nice ‘66 Galaxie to sit in the driveway.

Do you have any idea how many cigars I have consumed thinking about that?

I must have built about 50 homes in my mind. With variations. I really should bring down the Lego and use it. (A pretty big Lego collection).

The problem, you see, is the lot and the politics and the taxes.

DFW (heck all of Texas pretty much) is simply too flat.
Arizona is too hot.
New Mexico too rural.
I love Central California... but then, it's Calimexistan.
I love where I live... but again, Calimexistan.
I ain't going to Europe... I'd need to do Citroens to go with La Masia in the Pyrenees and hope the Fascists in Madrid don't overrun Catalunya while I'm there.
Hawai'i... too far.
Idaho, almost perfect, lots of land, mountains, guns, trucks... but, you even been there? Your private Idaho might be too boring for me.
Canada, now you're joking, eh?
Colorado has gone to pot, and not pot, just plain it has rotted.
Snohomish County with a view... might happen, but then I'll need a 34 foot Airstream.
Or the hillsides SW of Reno. I loved that movie... Casino. ;-D (*)

Oddly, I did see an "American House" for about a MIL in Okinawa. On the Internet. If I could swing a DoD job in there, with access to the Commissary, Exchange and Hospital, that might do it for a good years.

But, I would have to get rid of the Maggies.... OTOH, it's be nice to have an S660 and a Stepwagon in Okinawa.

(Hint: I could sell my audio stuff in Japan and pay for the car).

And no... I think I'd rather have a Datsun 2000 than a Galaxy.

(*) Did you know that cigar torches don't work in Lake Tahoe. The altitude (6200') is waaay too high. I never tried drinking beer or champagne up there and I do drink quite a bit of carbonated mineral water. That might be an issue even in Reno (4500') and Virginia City (6100').

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 19:09
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

I must have built about 50 homes in my mind. With variations. I really should bring down the Lego and use it. (A pretty big Lego collection).

Arizona is too hot.
New Mexico too rural.
I ain't going to Europe... I'd need to do Citroens to go with La Masia in the Pyrenees and hope the Fascists in Madrid don't overrun Catalunya while I'm there.
Hawai'i... too far.
Idaho, almost perfect, lots of land, mountains, guns, trucks... but, you even been there? Your private Idaho might be too boring for me.
Snohomish County with a view... might happen, but then I'll need a 34 foot Airstream.

Oddly, I did see an "American House" for about a MIL in Okinawa. On the Internet. If I could swing a DoD job in there, with access to the Commissary, Exchange and Hospital, that might do it for a good years.

But, I would have to get rid of the Maggies.... OTOH, it's be nice to have an S660 and a Stepwagon in Okinawa.

(*) Did you know that cigar torches don't work in Lake Tahoe. The altitude (6200') is waaay too high. I never tried drinking beer or champagne up there and I do drink quite a bit of carbonated mineral water. That might be an issue even in Reno (4500') and Virginia City (6100').

How about this? I figure they must have three trucks in the garage. All of them with horns... or maybe two trucks and a white Cadillac...

Love the basketball net by the pool.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Midland-TX/house_type/98875698_zpid/19360_rid/4-_beds/3-_baths/87120-_lot/ranch_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/32.587321,-100.523529,31.049404,-102.978973_rect/8_zm/

I have no clue about Midland though. It seems flat and far away.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 19:18
Kicking terrorists arse since 2011, what would you drive?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 19:28
KaizenDo wrote:

Great find.... is that a Honda Accord?

Meanwhile, what you don't see is the Russian bodyguards in Acura MDXs ahead shooting at the cars to get out of the way and riding shotgun behind... ;-)

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 20:31
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

Arizona is too hot.
New Mexico too rural.
Hawai'i... too far.

How about this? I figure they must have three trucks in the garage. All of them with horns... or maybe two trucks and a white Cadillac...

Love the basketball net by the pool.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Midland-TX/house_type/98875698_zpid/19360_rid/4-_beds/3-_baths/87120-_lot/ranch_att/globalrelevanceex_sort/32.587321,-100.523529,31.049404,-102.978973_rect/8_zm/

I have no clue about Midland though. It seems flat and far away.

If you pick the right neighborhood in the west part of Austin you’d have your hills and lakes with all the Texas culture of Austin 10 miles to the east.

Seattle, the Southeast from East Texas to the East Coast, including Tennessee. West Virginia for hills - you’d get along famously with the locals. Flawida. I was gonna say Oregon but (you fill in the blanks).

We had neighbors from Canada across the street but they hightailed it back to Phoenix when the right job came along. 11 years out there before DFW.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 03:39
TonyEX wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

Great find.... is that a Honda Accord?

Meanwhile, what you don't see is the Russian bodyguards in Acura MDXs ahead shooting at the cars to get out of the way and riding shotgun behind... ;-)

Yes it is, despite Autoeveolution wrote about a Civic :D

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: When Car matches Home    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 07:05
TonyEX wrote:
Grace141 wrote:

I prefer the "restraint" from the 60s cars. More straight lines, bigger, longer...

Perry Mason fan, I reckon. The '60s Continentals are very nice but 10mpg would get old. The big 430 and 462 engines would let you pass everything but a gas station. Don't forget that in 1962 there was a filling station every two or three miles in the US.

Anyway, Lucy & Desi had split by the time your Continental arrived.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0