[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
garoto
Profile for garoto
One Dealer with 5 CTRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2018 00:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A Dealership in Southern California, Honda World Downey is sitting on the following:

2 Blue CTRs on the lot
1 Red CTR on the lot
1 White CTR on the lot
1 White CTR in transit

Now, you tell me why that is...

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: One Dealer with 5 CTRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2018 03:42
garoto628 wrote:
A Dealership in Southern California, Honda World Downey is sitting on the following:

2 Blue CTRs on the lot
1 Red CTR on the lot
1 White CTR on the lot
1 White CTR in transit

Now, you tell me why that is...

$15K over retail?

luder715
Profile for luder715
Re: One Dealer with 5 CTRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2018 08:47
There is one dealer in NJ I know of that has 4. Same ADM as well and had them for several month. Laughed at them when they told me "their price" would have to be come in to the dealer to get the price. Beyond shady antics. Several around here have at least 2 of several months. Guess what to these greedy dealers ADM has peaked. Time to start selling at MSRP. As good as the car is it still has a lot of parts from the sub 20k hatchback. Can't see spending the extra money above msrp. Factoring in Tax and needing 2 sets of wheels and tires msrp is right and all I am looking to spend. Yes I did get caught up in this did offer a dealer 500 dollars less than Garoto got his for and my offer was called cheap. Factoring in what it would cost to ship from a dealer in another part of the country sight unseen was my factor for the extra. Excuse me REALLY, and the car was not fresh off the truck either like garotos was and I do not live in CA and live where this car would need winter tires. I honestly do not think I even wanted that car and was trying to feel these greedy local dealers out. I will not be doing business with that dealer again. Above that price I am looking at other vehicles.

Bottomline as much as I love this car mechanically (not design wise) it's still has its roots as sub 20k Civic hatchback and the interior reflects that. I am holding out a couple of months because I believe I can find one at msrp or lower since I believe ADM has peaked or is peaking. Factors include my reasoning for this is several dealers have had these cars for many months, not many can drive stick or want to, styling is very questionable on this car, not awd with price with adm, people are still going to say its a civic, doesn't have a sunroof and other goodies, and last factor been out for a year almost not the newest and greatest thing to have anymore. If the cards do not work in this, no big deal it will be another car. I have gotten over the got of have factor for this car with the bs going on with it.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with 5 CTRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2018 10:35
Definitely don’t pay over MSRP, I know I didn’t practice what I’m preaching. I paid an “impatient” tax and I blame California because this is a sunny state, literally impossible to Finns it at MSRP in the color I wanted, all stars would have to line up for that to have worked out, I tried hard, hars, hard even at dealers way out of town.

I can tell you after owning the car for a few days now, it’s worth what Honda has priced it for. If you really want it, and you want to spare yourself a headache of finding one, don’t go over $3,000 ADM. why pay the ADM - it’s a time vs money thing. Given the current state of affairs, what’s worth more to you, time and energy or the $3000? I didn’t pay $3k over I paid less than that, but in my head, that was my ceiling.

Time and energy vs money. Patience pays.

Definitely see the car in person first, don’t do it otherwise. I was willing to fly over if I found one out of state to check it out first.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 21:23
Livermore Honda in California has four “Used” “Executive” CTRs. They’re selling them for $43.5k a pop.

They say they’re show cars or whatever. I just hope the practice isn’t one I was recently made familiar with from another dealership:

1. Someone affiliated with the dealer. It’s them new out of state at MSRP
2. This person then sells them to the dealership for what they were bought
3. Dealer then sells them as used with “a couple hundred miles” for a premium

Either way $43,500 on a used car I would never buy because I don’t know what hell these babies went through. Besides, two owners? Even with 0 miles, no thanks.

To the four potential new CTR owners these former-new cars should’ve belonged to, I’m sorry these CTRs are now violated, maybe Honda should knock it off and sell directly to the customer, forbid these practices, or the best yet, flood dealerships with CTRs.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 21:33
garoto628 wrote:
Livermore Honda in California has four “Used” “Executive” CTRs. They’re selling them for $43.5k a pop.

They say they’re show cars or whatever. I just hope the practice isn’t one I was recently made familiar with from another dealership:

1. Someone affiliated with the dealer. It’s them new out of state at MSRP
2. This person then sells them to the dealership for what they were bought
3. Dealer then sells them as used with “a couple hundred miles” for a premium

Either way $43,500 on a used car I would never buy because I don’t know what hell these babies went through. Besides, two owners? Even with 0 miles, no thanks.

To the four potential new CTR owners these former-new cars should’ve belonged to, I’m sorry these CTRs are now violated, maybe Honda should knock it off and sell directly to the customer, forbid these practices, or the best yet, flood dealerships with CTRs.

no, I'm pretty sure these cars were sold at auction by Honda PR.

Supposedly one of them at this dealership was #195. I was one of the first people to drive Type-R #195, way back last June.

What number will your #CivicTypeR be?

A post shared by TEMPLE OF VTEC (@temple_of_vtec) on

So these were most likely press cars. I imagine they've been restored to VERY GOOD condition, as they've undoubtedly been through the hands of meticulous R&D engineers making sure EVERYTHING is up to spec. But that's just my guess.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 21:45
Good to know. I wish Honda would actually care that much to restore them. Realistically, they probably got a wash and a drive around town, an oil change and maybe, maybe tires. If they did do the oil change, that’s the break in oil out the window that one is supposed to leave in there for some time. I have a Honda service article on that.

I learned that each of these cars has 2000 miles on them and they’re 2017s not 2018s.

All I know is, they were likely trashed early in their lives. Rightfully so, no one in the press broke them in for 1000 miles let alone the 600 miles Honda recommends.

At least they weren’t cars that were meant to be grabbed new by owners. But $43.5k?

Honda didn’t have the decency to at least require the dealer to sell them for MSRP or to sell them directly to consumers instead. Yuck. Just yuck.

N8ssi
Profile for N8ssi
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 22:32
I want everyone who TRULY wants a CTR to get a car. BUT I still can't help but question why Honda hasn't just come out with their Production plan with type r's.

At some point I'd like THEM to define "limited".

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 23:02
N8ssi wrote:
I want everyone who TRULY wants a CTR to get a car. BUT I still can't help but question why Honda hasn't just come out with their Production plan with type r's.

At some point I'd like THEM to define "limited".

Limited is exactly what’s happening. A small number of units per year. I just don’t think the number is fixed as they originally sought out to do because the demand is high. That’s a good thing. Otherwise they would’ve built 2000 units for the US, and the DickMotorsports of the world would have been the ones buying them.

A lot of that is hype. Why would any company limit the production of a car that will sell like hot cakes? It’s part of the hype. It’s all hype. The hype is built. It’s being built. People are flooding dealership floors. Paying obscene amounts of money for the car. When these people run out, which they undoubtedly will, the hype continues, prices will go down, people who can afford the car will flood the floors and there will be enough cars available because they now “sit,” they sit because you ran out of people willing to pay $10k up.

Dealers are starting to see this trend. And they continue to see it.

My dream is for dealers to disappear. Tesla’s business model is something I favor over the greedy middle man.

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2018 23:28
Make note of the greedy dealers. Time will eventually balance out supply and demand. What will be remembered by the shoppers are the greedy dealers.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 00:43
silverf16 wrote:
Make note of the greedy dealers. Time will eventually balance out supply and demand. What will be remembered by the shoppers are the greedy dealers.

A friend of mine is already scoping her next Honda, and she comes to me for all things Honda. It’s not a Type R, is a good Accord Sport 2.0T 10 Speed Auto. We know not to go t the following dealers:

1. Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos, Norwalk, CA
2. Honda World Downey, Downey, CA
3. Victory Honda of San Bruno, San Bruno, CA (The most disgusting dealership on earth)
4. Livermore Honda, Livermore, CA

Other dealers had markups and whatnot but weren’t disrespectful or cocky or disgusting as these four up here.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 07:39
Incidentally, I got a call from my dealership yesterday... a championship white is in with my name on it.

Went to see it with wife yesterday and she says i have to get rid of the Porsche if I want it... Anyway... I have until Saturday to make my decision and it is MSRP, no additional accessories and no ADM.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 09:40
rogazilla wrote:
Incidentally, I got a call from my dealership yesterday... a championship white is in with my name on it.

Went to see it with wife yesterday and she says i have to get rid of the Porsche if I want it... Anyway... I have until Saturday to make my decision and it is MSRP, no additional accessories and no ADM.

You found a CW CTR at MSRP and you’re going to wait until Saturday? That thing will be gone before then. Should’ve already been decided.

What Porsche is it? Here’s my decision matrix::
Is it automatic? Sell.
Is it problematic? Sell.
Is it reliable and a manual and not a boxster? Keep.
Is it an old boxster? Sell.
Regardless of what it is, are you not enjoying it? Sell.
Is it a reliable manual 9-1-1? Keep. Buy CTR. Sign Divorce papers.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 10:53
Manual 996 Reliable but because I have put some work into it.

I like to try different things in life. All about experiences and I can check the Porsche ownership box off the bucket list.

I am only worry that I haven't gotten the Porsche bug out of my system and will regret that decision. Dealership told me I can make my decision on Saturday :) So far they have been great through the whole experience. I put myself on their wait list and they didn't think they were going to get one until summer/fall and with 2 others in front of me, they didn't think it would be my turn until 2019.

The first guy on the list didn't have enough credit and the 2nd guy bought a used one... I was going to enjoy the 911 one more summer/fall and make a decision when it is my turn...

anime_man24
Profile for anime_man24
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 11:43
yo garoto why you get mad so easily thats the real question
@doval
Profile for @doval
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 16:06
anime_man24 wrote:

well a lil bit off topic...if u wanna get upset guys....you must como to Puerto Rico and go to a very stupid stealership selling a 2017 Civic Si with 5,000 mark up and front bumper crashed.....
cant believe it what i saw

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 16:13
anime_man24 wrote:

Anime man, I’m not mad. I just enjoy calling out crap when it comes my way 💩

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-19-2018 21:53
garoto628 wrote:
silverf16 wrote:

A friend of mine is already scoping her next Honda, and she comes to me for all things Honda. It’s not a Type R, is a good Accord Sport 2.0T 10 Speed Auto. We know not to go t the following dealers:

1. Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos, Norwalk, CA
2. Honda World Downey, Downey, CA
3. Victory Honda of San Bruno, San Bruno, CA (The most disgusting dealership on earth)
4. Livermore Honda, Livermore, CA

Other dealers had markups and whatnot but weren’t disrespectful or cocky or disgusting as these four up here.

Add Diamond Honda to that list. Scummiest finance department I have ever dealt with and every single car they get on their hands gets a "Karr" Alarm installed by monkeys. The amount of after sales add-ons they get you to but is atrocious

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2018 07:57
If all goes to plan, I will be a type R owner on Monday!

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2018 13:01
rogazilla wrote:
If all goes to plan, I will be a type R owner on Monday!

Bingo! What's the deal looking like? What Color?

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2018 13:46
Msrp+ delivery tax and fee. Nothing out of ordinary. It is a championship white. I am giving ip my porsche 911 at this time which give me some equity after all. Will be back in a porsche in the future but i have a cab and I would like a coupe to keep for life. So it is a good trade off at this time. I always wanted a type R since 98 and this should check that off my bucket list!
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2018 14:08
rogazilla wrote:
Msrp+ delivery tax and fee. Nothing out of ordinary. It is a championship white. I am giving ip my porsche 911 at this time which give me some equity after all. Will be back in a porsche in the future but i have a cab and I would like a coupe to keep for life. So it is a good trade off at this time. I always wanted a type R since 98 and this should check that off my bucket list!

From a Porsche 911 to a Type R? In that case be ready for disappointment.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 09:38
Heading to dealership in 3 hours!!!

I may be disappointed but I am very excited! Keep in mind, there are a lot more 911 on the road in US than there are Type R. If I am not happy, its a lot easier to sell the type R and find another 911!

As for experience... I had a s2000 for 8 years and I kept waiting for Honda to update the car. For 2 years, my friend left his 1994 Civic VX with me when he was over sea. I enjoyed so much of that car and it put big smile on my face! The mechanical connection of that car, wringing out every rev and possible hp from that engine was just FUN! The only thing I am not looking forward to in the Type R is the electronic power steering. The one in S2000 is pretty darn good but compare to my P car the feel I have of the road is night and day. We will see :)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 10:16
rogazilla wrote:

I may be disappointed but I am very excited! Keep in mind, there are a lot more 911 on the road in US than there are Type R. If I am not happy, its a lot easier to sell the type R and find another 911!

As for experience... I had a s2000 for 8 years and I kept waiting for Honda to update the car. For 2 years, my friend left his 1994 Civic VX with me when he was over sea. I enjoyed so much of that car and it put big smile on my face! The mechanical connection of that car, wringing out every rev and possible hp from that engine was just FUN! The only thing I am not looking forward to in the Type R is the electronic power steering. The one in S2000 is pretty darn good but compare to my P car the feel I have of the road is night and day. We will see :)

Awesome. I think the feel of the CTR's EPS is fine. Of course there's not as much feedback as the "good old days" but it's weighted nicely and quite precise. If you were fine with the S2000's EPS, you should like this one.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 10:18
rogazilla wrote:

Of you walk in with that mindset then maybe you’ll like it. Whatnyearnisnyiur 911? And is it manual?

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 19:37
garoto628 wrote:
rogazilla wrote:

Of If you walk in with that mindset then maybe you’ll like it. Whatnyearnisnyiur What year is your 911? And is it manual?

Don’t sleep and TOV.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 22:06
well as fate will have it. Miscommunication on the price they were giving me on my trade in. We are too far on that to come to agreement. I will try to sell the car on my own before picking up the next Type R. As much as I like the Type R, I am not giving away my current cars.

They are going to the next person on the list.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 22:28
rogazilla wrote:
well as fate will have it. Miscommunication on the price they were giving me on my trade in. We are too far on that to come to agreement. I will try to sell the car on my own before picking up the next Type R. As much as I like the Type R, I am not giving away my current cars.

They are going to the next person on the list.

I'm sorry to hear that. That "miscommunication" wasn't a miscommunication. Dealers are very terrible people most of the time. They were hoping that by having you in the dealer with the car next to you and the urging opportunity to have it in your hands, they could lure you into ruining your life for the car. They do that, its an "art" a "conart."

Pay attention to this:

When you are at the dealer signing papers and going over "protection plans", "gap insurance" and "other bullshit" that costs $5000-10000 they will bring the car over and park it in a window next to you. Then they'll leave you there alone with the car and keep coming back with "numbers." They do that, to give you alone time with the car to "imagine your life with the car" so that whatever they come back with, you accept.

They want you to imagine the wind blowing through your bald head as you zip through the highway and cute blondes wink at you. Then they'll come back with the paperwork and ask you if you want to bendover sign for a $5000 protection package that gives you floor mats and wheel locks.

I applaud you for walking out. Congratulations.

What year, color, model, mileage and transmission is your 911? If you don't mind me asking.

I am confident you'll find a better dealership with cleaner practices. The trade-offer bait and switch is not uncommon at all.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 08:25
Thank you! not a problem! Unfortunately I am have a degree in math and pretty discipline with finance. I know the whole payment game they play when really is the final dollar amount I would pay for the car that really matter. Also, NO I am not giving my cars away like they wanted me to to get in a CTR.

I have 2002 C2 Cab in seal gray and it is a 6 speed manual. The car will reach 98000 miles this week and the engine is at 14000 miles.

It is a pretty lucky find. The previous owner (the 1 and only owner before me) kept the car in good condition and has almost all service records through the life of the car. He's not mechanical and the AOS was failing while he wasn't paying attention, he was on highway when it completely failed and overwhelming oil from intake hydro locked the engine. He had Porsche dealership installed a brand new engine in it but he was done with the car at that point and I bought it with 2 years unlimited miles warranty from Porsche for the motor :) It has the 997 style IMS which doesn't fail like the 2000-2005 IMS.

rogazilla
Profile for rogazilla
Re: One Dealer with Four “Used” CTRs 😡    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 08:49
The whole CTR thing was a surprise since I didn't think I will be getting one until next year... I actually just installed a brand new 997 shifter in the car 2 weekends ago.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0