[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
More.......................
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 WC
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Sachsenring TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> New H70 pumps freezing
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Car recommendation for cheap track fun?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Acclaimed 2018 Accords sit on the lot
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Celaya Plant Flooding and Recovery
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> '18 HAH vs '17 HAH
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-new Acura RDX Prototype Teased Ahead of Detroit World Debut > > Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 11:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have a friend at a dealer somewhere who has confirmed the engine is a 2.0T which is offered in FWD or SH-AWD, with an Aspec package and a standard panoramic sun roof.

He assured me.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 11:41
Good to know about SH-AWD. Was hoping for 3.0 v6 option as well...
RAV
Profile for RAV
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 12:01
Did he not tell you which transmission?
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 12:09
He says no Hybrid is planned because of the poor sales from the MDX hybrid. At least not at launch.

As for the transmission he didn't know.

Calgarian
Profile for Calgarian
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 13:24
We have been told it will be the 10 speed. Time will tell.
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 13:29
Hondatalover wrote:
He says no Hybrid is planned because of the poor sales from the MDX hybrid. At least not at launch.

Iím calling BS on that. Acura said at the time of the Sport Hybrid launch they only planned on the MDX Sport Hybrid being 5% of the mix. In November it was 301 Sport Hybrids out of 5,341 total. 5.6%. Since the Sport Hybrid launched theyíve sold about 30,000 MDX total with 1579 Sport Hybrids. Right at 5%.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 13:50
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

Iím calling BS on that. Acura said at the time of the Sport Hybrid launch they only planned on the MDX Sport Hybrid being 5% of the mix. In November it was 301 Sport Hybrids out of 5,341 total. 5.6%. Since the Sport Hybrid launched theyíve sold about 30,000 MDX total with 1579 Sport Hybrids. Right at 5%.

I hope you are right that its BS as I do 95% city driving and will easily pay a $1500 premium for much better city mpg and performance. I also prefer a V6 over a turbo.

As for sales of the MDX hybrid, I guarantee if they focused in it with their advertising the sales would be much higher.

RAV
Profile for RAV
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 13:51
People that buy a hybrid must have half their brains sucked out. With the average person driving 12 to 15 thousand miles saves $100 per year on fuel. get one $2000 repair on that complex shit, that is 20 years worth of fuel. The other number that is complete BS is the E mpg number. Take the new Honda Clarity for instance. It has a 25.5 KW battery. Where I live a 1 KW costs 15 cents. 25.5 x 15 cents = $3.82. You can buy 1.5 gallons of gas with that amount of money. The Clarity range is 89 miles divided by the 1.5 gallons a real mpg of 60. Honda states it is 126 EMPG. I'm not picking on Honda specifically, they are all wrong because it is a government calculation. It is total bull shit. They have energy used in their number that does not equate to consumer costs at all. Even if you were at 12 cents per KW you real mpg would be 75 real mpg.
RAV
Profile for RAV
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 13:58
One other point. 70% of the energy in this country is produced by burning something. In these areas the electric cars produce more pollution than a gas car since the EPA standards on power plants is much lower than cars.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 14:06
RAV wrote:
People that buy a hybrid must have half their brains sucked out. With the average person driving 12 to 15 thousand miles saves $100 per year on fuel. get one $2000 repair on that complex shit, that is 20 years worth of fuel. The other number that is complete BS is the E mpg number. Take the new Honda Clarity for instance. It has a 25.5 KW battery. Where I live a 1 KW costs 15 cents. 25.5 x 15 cents = $3.82. You can buy 1.5 gallons of gas with that amount of money. The Clarity range is 89 miles divided by the 1.5 gallons a real mpg of 60. Honda states it is 126 EMPG. I'm not picking on Honda specifically, they are all wrong because it is a government calculation. It is total bull shit. They have energy used in their number that does not equate to consumer costs at all. Even if you were at 12 cents per KW you real mpg would be 75 real mpg.

I am not talking electric.vehicles. Regarding mpg...my non hybrid mdx is.supposed to get 16/20 and I consistently get 14.5. The cost benefit of the hybrid comes out favorably for me and offers greater HP and performance.

RAV
Profile for RAV
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 14:45
I understand, I still think you have to factor in the repairs of things that add additional technologies that are expensive to fix when compared to a straight gas car.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 15:00
RAV wrote:
I understand, I still think you have to factor in the repairs of things that add additional technologies that are expensive to fix when compared to a straight gas car.

Well that is why I believe they should just make the sports hybrid standard across the lineup. It would not only help differentiate Acura from Honda, it would also be a competitive advantage in the luxury segment. Also, it would help with economies of scale to control the cost element. Just as SH-AWD a couple years ago was supposed to be the direction across the lineup, I am suggesting you make the full lines sports hybrid-AWDs.

Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 18:00
You are talking about PHEV and EV's, not hybrids. I doubt we'll see RDX PHEV but I think this would be interesting option for this model.

With lots of city driving you should recoup the premium with almost all hybrids. Especially with SUV's with stop & go.

Regarding PHEV/EV's it's called MPGe rather and not any carmaker will use 100% of the battery capacity. Typically it's around 75% (but with previous Honda's PHEV it was much lower).

The Clarity comes with $7,500 rebate plus some states offer local incentives so same price as similarly equipped Accord.

Also the $2000 extra repair seems unlikely. From my experience there's actually less wear and tear on brakes and engine. But regardless, pretty much everyone offer standard longer warranties on all hybrid components including Honda.

Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 18:06
RAV wrote:
People that buy a hybrid must have half their brains sucked out. With the average person driving 12 to 15 thousand miles saves $100 per year on fuel....

Checkout fueleconomy.gov and use your own numbers for gas price and miles. Compare the MDX Hybrid AWD (not best in class hybrid mpg), you still save $1,750 annually in fuel cost. Granted if you only do highway miles then hybrid isn't saving you. But most do a lot of city mpg or are stuck often in traffic.

I'd love to see a RDX Hybrid if there's no compromise in cargo space and premium is low (I'd be ok if they do same as MDX to price same at highest trim level)

nightflow
Profile for nightflow
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2017 18:38
Hondatalover wrote:
I have a friend at a dealer somewhere who has confirmed the engine is a 2.0T which is offered in FWD or SH-AWD, with an Aspec package and a standard panoramic sun roof.

He assured me.

Oh well, time to look at that the X3 M40i again. Was hoping for a longitudinal engine layout with some interesting eSH-AWD options.

PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-24-2017 01:09
SH-AWD 3.0? I'm kinda getting very excited about this RDX.

I'll trade in my crv touring 2015 for it in a couple years if all this is true.

SHAWD. 2.0T or new 3.0V6. either is fine with me. All new acura only chassis.

I'm HYPED!

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-24-2017 10:43
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

I hope you are right that its BS as I do 95% city driving and will easily pay a $1500 premium for much better city mpg and performance. I also prefer a V6 over a turbo.

As for sales of the MDX hybrid, I guarantee if they focused in it with their advertising the sales would be much higher.

Acura also needs to build more. There are only 181 Sport Hybrids on lots right now. Only 30 2018 RLX Sport Hybrids.

Acura said they were going to have the 2018 RLX mix be 40% Sport Hybrids. That hasnít happened so far looking at what is on cars.com. The sales numbers are tiny but the Sport Hybrid is 20% of the sales mix for the RLX YTD.

Itís part of the story with these luxury Hybrids - they donít really get built in any significant numbers.

If Iím Acura though - they represent a chance to raise transaction prices and offer something different - I think getting to 10% Hybrids with the MDX and RDX is totally possible these next 2-3 years and the RLX will probably be ~30%.

incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-25-2017 09:16
RAV wrote:
One other point. 70% of the energy in this country is produced by burning something. In these areas the electric cars produce more pollution than a gas car since the EPA standards on power plants is much lower than cars.

Processing petroleum in refineries produces pollution as well. Donít forget to take that into account. I really think the key is heavily investing in solar to power these networks and home charging stations. Weíre getting our asses handed to us by China in this category.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-28-2017 11:09
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

Acura also needs to build more. There are only 181 Sport Hybrids on lots right now. Only 30 2018 RLX Sport Hybrids.

Acura said they were going to have the 2018 RLX mix be 40% Sport Hybrids. That hasnít happened so far looking at what is on cars.com. The sales numbers are tiny but the Sport Hybrid is 20% of the sales mix for the RLX YTD.

Itís part of the story with these luxury Hybrids - they donít really get built in any significant numbers.

If Iím Acura though - they represent a chance to raise transaction prices and offer something different - I think getting to 10% Hybrids with the MDX and RDX is totally possible these next 2-3 years and the RLX will probably be ~30%.

Agree, but this is not just a Honda problem, I see this with Toyota for example, they offer for the Highlander Hybrid yet they don't build any, I have friends who have trouble even finding one, it is ridiculous. Make the stuff available, you can't sell it if you don't have it. I can see being interested walking into a dealership to test drive and them not having any to test drive, or asking for a color combination and being given the run around. Sales people should easily be able to sell an MDX Sport Hybrid over the standard, it is a no brainer. Ever single Acura should have SHAWD, every single Acura should have a sport hybrid model at a reasonable price like they do with the MDX, period end of story.

B.

Calgarian
Profile for Calgarian
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-28-2017 13:03
Brutus wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

Agree, but this is not just a Honda problem, I see this with Toyota for example, they offer for the Highlander Hybrid yet they don't build any, I have friends who have trouble even finding one, it is ridiculous. Make the stuff available, you can't sell it if you don't have it. I can see being interested walking into a dealership to test drive and them not having any to test drive, or asking for a color combination and being given the run around. Sales people should easily be able to sell an MDX Sport Hybrid over the standard, it is a no brainer. Ever single Acura should have SHAWD, every single Acura should have a sport hybrid model at a reasonable price like they do with the MDX, period end of story.

B.

Unless taxpayers help buy someone a hybrid or an EV vehicle they do not sell. We have had hybrid RLX and MDX sit forever on our lot. If you like I have a nice new white 2017 RLX SH-AWD still available.
Acura needs to focus on what sells not on hybrid and manuals transmissions.
Bring on a compact SUV and an awd ILX 185 inches long. These additional segments will definitely help pay the bills.

Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2017 00:01
Calgarian wrote:
Brutus wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

B.

Unless taxpayers help buy someone a hybrid or an EV vehicle they do not sell. We have had hybrid RLX and MDX sit forever on our lot. If you like I have a nice new white 2017 RLX SH-AWD still available.
Acura needs to focus on what sells not on hybrid and manuals transmissions.
Bring on a compact SUV and an awd ILX 185 inches long. These additional segments will definitely help pay the bills.

I have agree with you Calgarian, Acura should be focused on offering models that deliver on the premium/lux image they want to portray. Other brands have found success on the entry level side with premium sedans, CLA and A3 are the top two at the moment. With Buick discontinuing the Verano, this is where Acura could grab sales. Apparently, these models can find buyers with the right level of refinement and without throwing money on the hood to move them. Acura should offer each model with SH-AWD as standard and use the Sport Hybrid system as its top trim. Let the customer decide on what they prefer, instead of trying to force it on people to get AWD. Volvo does this and most of its sales are still the gas or diesel versions. People who want Acura to stick to being the "value" brand or what I refer to as the cheap brand will just have to look for other alternatives. They can't keep making mass market every man models if they want to compete on the same level as BMW, MB, AUDI, and Lexus. When Genesis and KIA are making more exciting models it's hard to take Acura seriously when there isn't anything to get excited about on the showroom floor outside of the NSX.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2017 15:13
RAV wrote:

Sorry, but you are very wrong on your ideas here.

People don't buy hybrids for their mileage, they buy them for the way they drive.

Go try an EV, serial hybrid, BEV or FCEV and you will understand why people buy them.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2017 15:17
Lucien wrote:
You are talking about PHEV and EV's, not hybrids. I doubt we'll see RDX PHEV but I think this would be interesting option for this model.

With lots of city driving you should recoup the premium with almost all hybrids. Especially with SUV's with stop & go.

Regarding PHEV/EV's it's called MPGe rather and not any carmaker will use 100% of the battery capacity. Typically it's around 75% (but with previous Honda's PHEV it was much lower).

The Clarity comes with $7,500 rebate plus some states offer local incentives so same price as similarly equipped Accord.

Also the $2000 extra repair seems unlikely. From my experience there's actually less wear and tear on brakes and engine. But regardless, pretty much everyone offer standard longer warranties on all hybrid components including Honda.

(1) The Clarity FCEV is a very cheap car to operate. It gets $5K in California. The BEV (I don't recall seeing the PHEV) gets the $7500 Federal Tax Credit (at least it used to).

(2) PHEV is a hybrid _and_ an EV. In fact, all series hybrids are EV. Honda's iMMD is a "hybrid" serial hybrid (yep, Honda does complicate things).

(3) All EVs have awesome torque deep under. Then you got the Tesla... I got to drive an X two weeks ago... Holy Shit! That sucker has TORQUE....

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2017 13:12
incubus wrote:
RAV wrote:

Processing petroleum in refineries produces pollution as well. Donít forget to take that into account. I really think the key is heavily investing in solar to power these networks and home charging stations. Weíre getting our asses handed to us by China in this category.

Solar power would not be able to provide the energy to recharge a car battery over and over again.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2017 13:13
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

Why build more hybrids when nobody wants or buys them?

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2017 17:02
If they are planning something decent for Acura they will require a global platform.
means Hybrid drivetrains need to top the list.
Especially for Europe and China markets.
If they continue the Toyota approach where the NX is built on the RAV a hybrid system is the primary drive train in key markets.

I think if Honda has ordered Acura a safe / proven approach, it would be introduce the new global platform via the RDX, just like Jazz/Fit 2013, Civic in 2015.
Both introduced strong sedan, hatchback and CUV derivatives.
Hopefully a Longitudinal layout is the plan, like the German brands and Jaguar.
These have fast cars in their range, so this would compliment Acura in its need to leverage the NSX, support a V6T and grow beyond Honda in the key US market.
I'm hoping a travers Volvo type approach is of the cards.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2017 19:02
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

We are talking a sports hybrid here....what is used in the NSX. You would not want a vehicle that delivers greater HP and performance and much higher city mpgs?

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-31-2017 15:01
bnilhome wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

We are talking a sports hybrid here....what is used in the NSX. You would not want a vehicle that delivers greater HP and performance and much higher city mpgs?

Not when it adds 300 to 500lbs, complexity, increases the price for little to even no gain, etc.

If the NSX was 500lbs lighter from no hybrid hardware and they increased the boost to get 550hp or more from the engine the NSX would likely be just as fast, possibly faster then current one and should be less expensive.

It does not appear the hybrid system is making the MDX any quicker because they chose to give it a smaller weaker base engine for some bizarre reason, so no I would not want the sport hybrid in a MDX and most buyers tend to agree because it is not a big seller.

I would prefer the hybrid in the RLX compared to the fwd base version because the hybrid does add a lot of hp and makes it quicker but at the price of several hundred pounds, more complexity, more expensive, and after I believe 80mph it stops doing anything. I would have preferred a 400hp engine and mechinical awd for the RLX over a hybrid but what I really want is a RWD sedan with Acura with a 370hp 6 cylinder and 400+hp 8 cylinder which would be better then any over complicated heavy hybrid and many agree as nobody buys the hybrid and the Genesis G80 and G90 is creaming the RLX in sales and reviews with that same setup I mentioned.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-02-2018 08:35
lexusgs wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

Not when it adds 300 to 500lbs, complexity, increases the price for little to even no gain, etc.

If the NSX was 500lbs lighter from no hybrid hardware and they increased the boost to get 550hp or more from the engine the NSX would likely be just as fast, possibly faster then current one and should be less expensive.

It does not appear the hybrid system is making the MDX any quicker because they chose to give it a smaller weaker base engine for some bizarre reason, so no I would not want the sport hybrid in a MDX and most buyers tend to agree because it is not a big seller.

I would prefer the hybrid in the RLX compared to the fwd base version because the hybrid does add a lot of hp and makes it quicker but at the price of several hundred pounds, more complexity, more expensive, and after I believe 80mph it stops doing anything. I would have preferred a 400hp engine and mechinical awd for the RLX over a hybrid but what I really want is a RWD sedan with Acura with a 370hp 6 cylinder and 400+hp 8 cylinder which would be better then any over complicated heavy hybrid and many agree as nobody buys the hybrid and the Genesis G80 and G90 is creaming the RLX in sales and reviews with that same setup I mentioned.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I have driven both the sports hybrid and regular MDX, and the sports hybrid was faster and I felt handled better than the regular MDx while also returning the greater fuel economy, and all for just a $1500 premium. Nearly every review written about the sports hybrid MDX has stated the same thing....faster acceleration, greater HP and handling for a very small premium. The reason they are not selling is twofold: they are not producing as many, and they have yet to advertise this great offering.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2.0T, SH-AWD confirmed! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-02-2018 12:04
bnilhome wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I have driven both the sports hybrid and regular MDX, and the sports hybrid was faster and I felt handled better than the regular MDx while also returning the greater fuel economy, and all for just a $1500 premium. Nearly every review written about the sports hybrid MDX has stated the same thing....faster acceleration, greater HP and handling for a very small premium. The reason they are not selling is twofold: they are not producing as many, and they have yet to advertise this great offering.

Is the hybrid MDX faster in instrument testing in all scenarios or did it just feel faster in certain scenarios because of the instant torque. Even reps at Honda seemed to suggest it was really no quicker then the base version. The reviews I read did not seem to indicate it was much or any quicker then the base version. If they just kept the 3.5l in MDX instead of downgrading the engine then the hybrid version would be much quicker and I think there would be more demand because it would be worth the extra $1500 to get all that extra power and performance over the base MDX.

They are not producing as many because there is not much demand for the hybrid MDX just like there is little to no demand for all hybrid luxury cars, if the demand was there they would produce enough to meet demand. Buyers know there is a hybrid MDX, reviews are readily available, it is not because of advertising, same with the RLX.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0