[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD Acceleration numbers
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD "commuter" loop mileage run
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar Rear-view Mirror: Dixon Deftly Extends Indycar Lead at Toronto
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 GM/Honda Lithium battery and module.
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-new Acura RDX Prototype Teased Ahead of Detroit World Debut > > Re: teaser trailer with front and interior

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

gaginang
Profile for gaginang
teaser trailer [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 05:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
looks like there is a short teaser video:

https://www.freep.com/videos/money/cars/reviews/2017/12/21/video-new-acura-rdx-suv-debut-detroit/108805720/

Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: teaser trailer [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 07:49
I'm hoping this will be a design hit for Acura. The new light elements are elegant and integrate well with the new grille treatment.
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 09:29

That actually shows a lot, I wonder if someone that has more time on their hands can capture the front and interior still shots.

What I see is a Huge Emblem on front with the DPG which is also quite a bit larger then the current car.

The interior looks like a huge improvement and the center screen is quite big and up higher, sort of floating.. maybe it pops out of dash like Audi A3, but I doubt it.

B.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 09:31
Brutus wrote:

That actually shows a lot, I wonder if someone that has more time on their hands can capture the front and interior still shots.

What I see is a Huge Emblem on front with the DPG which is also quite a bit larger then the current car.

The interior looks like a huge improvement and the center screen is quite big and up higher, sort of floating.. maybe it pops out of dash like Audi A3, but I doubt it.

B.

I agree with you. I think this looks very promising, and the grille looks way better on this than on the MDX. I also like what I see with the headlights as it appears it will more closely resemble the Precision Concept than the current Acuras on the road.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 09:43

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 09:46
I see a volume knob.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 10:24
I just watched the teaser on Youtube where I could blow it up and watch it more slowly, and you can see tons of detail with the front of the car. The headlights appear to have 7 more sleek looking jewels and a more modern looking outline around the headlights.

Also, the engine hood is pretty neat and has some curved creases to it as opposed to linear creases. The grille is definitely longer and more stretched than what is on the current MDX, and I think that is a good thing as it seems to fit the overall design more.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 10:46
The lowest point on the DPG appears to be softened a bit, too.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 11:24

The only downside, is I can make out the seemingly obligatory chrome strip on the lower door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7-VFe9as4

Maximania
Profile for Maximania
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 12:17
Well that's a bit disappointing in terms of exterior styling. Having read the press release and whatnot, the words seem to hype up a grand redesign and huge improvements in terms of presence for the RDX. Looking at the video, it looks exactly like what you would expect an RDX with the Precision Craft grille slapped onto it would look like. The headlights are bigger and that's about all that stands out. I hope the whole package comes together better than the front end itself.
urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 12:25
Brutus wrote:

Did just that, only I adjusted the levels to make some of the darkened details more visible.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 12:29
urbanglowcam wrote:
Brutus wrote:

Did just that, only I adjusted the levels to make some of the darkened details more visible.

Thanks! I did that on my phone but am at work and have not been able to transfer over. I really think this design looks great so far. The front is vastly improved and the overall profile looks aggressive and sporty.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 12:32
Can see the “bucktoothed Bozo” “smiley” mirror too! (::Rolling eyes!::)

Like only four-cylinders in a Honda car, that ship has sailed!

gaginang
Profile for gaginang
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 12:57
That's what I'm seeing here too. THe headlights look large, a la the RLX. Would be interesting to see how this gels together. However, the interior looks promising. It just looks more luxury, more sport with the center console raised up between driver and passenger rather than being level with the base of the seats. SOmething that small makes a huge difference, imo.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 13:11
gaginang wrote:
That's what I'm seeing here too. THe headlights look large, a la the RLX. Would be interesting to see how this gels together. However, the interior looks promising. It just looks more luxury, more sport with the center console raised up between driver and passenger rather than being level with the base of the seats. SOmething that small makes a huge difference, imo.

Regarding the interior, I wish Acura would move away from the gimmicky button shifter and return to a knob. Everything else looks nice inside.

nightflow
Profile for nightflow
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 15:03
I noticed the hood doesn't have the signature crease in the middle anymore. This was something Dave Marek mentioned he insisted on in one of the video interviews. Does that mean he was overruled or changed his mind? Glad it is gone as it contributed to the visual focus on the beak in a negative way.
silverTL61
Profile for silverTL61
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 16:58
Wish they didn't have to go with the floating roof look that everyone and their mom is doing. It just looks very Chevy Bolt-ish...for lack of a better description

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 17:10
silverTL61 wrote:
Wish they didn't have to go with the floating roof look that everyone and their mom is doing. It just looks very Chevy Bolt-ish...for lack of a better description

I don't think the roof line is bad at all. Now if they had done the floating C-pillar like on the Lexus RX I would have been disappointed. I think everyone will be really surprised in a good way when this full reveal comes out.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 17:14
As I look at the youtube video again in slow motion, including from the side profile, the stance and proportions of the vehicle reminds me of the Jaguar F-Pace a bit which is a good thing.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/effin-quick-pace-2017-jaguar-f-pace-full-online-configurator-already-live/

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-21-2017 21:37
Looks great to me!
Calgarian
Profile for Calgarian
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-22-2017 10:22
Shows the A-Spec steering wheel. I’m liking what I see and hear so far.
Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: teaser trailer with front and interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-22-2017 11:43
Calgarian wrote:
Shows the A-Spec steering wheel. I’m liking what I see and hear so far.

It looks very similar, but luckily all the functions have been moved to their usual locations to the 1st and 2nd spokes. I'm loving what looks like twin stitching all over it with the metal trim. Can't wait to see this all lite up!

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0