[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda in talks about pulling Acura out of China
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The glory days
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Toronto Motorsports Park - 10th Gen Civic Si Track day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda/Acura Gossip
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Colton Herta Becomes Youngest Indycar Winner Ever
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Lamborghini Urus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Acura shake-up caused by logistics
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: JDM Odyssey Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Sonata
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Shy away from 05-10 VCM Odysseys or NBD?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > ILX > > Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Author
  Post New Thread
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2017 21:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Kind of like an RS3 :)
KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2017 23:03
DaIll1 wrote:
Give me LSD and 300 torques with the 2.4 DCT8. Paddle shifting in the twistys in S isn't boring, you have to keep track of where the paddles are (Wheel mounted). AWD would be nice but it really needs at least 2WD.

Keep track of where the paddles are? I...I'm just...I'll give you points for creativity.

DaIll1
Profile for DaIll1
Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2017 23:52
KaySee wrote:
DaIll1 wrote:
Give me LSD and 300 torques with the 2.4 DCT8. Paddle shifting in the twistys in S isn't boring, you have to keep track of where the paddles are (Wheel mounted). AWD would be nice but it really needs at least 2WD.

Keep track of where the paddles are? I...I'm just...I'll give you points for creativity.

Sorry, that was a jab at wheel mounted vs column mounted paddles.

KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2017 07:12
DaIll1 wrote:
KaySee wrote:
DaIll1 wrote:

Sorry, that was a jab at wheel mounted vs column mounted paddles.

lol oh man, cool cool. My brain was in pain initially.

Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: ILX Type-S hatchback...Any thoughts?    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-13-2017 07:42
s2ktaxi wrote:
It's really not just about the power. It has to feel right and handle well. Something the current Civic is not in comparison to say a Mazda 3 or even a Golf.

The ILX especially in Type S form will need to feel better than it's competition from Audi, BMW, Mercedes...

The new Civic does just fine compared with the Mazda and VW. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I own a Civic HB Sport Touring and honestly, after owning upwards of 15 different Honda or Acura products can attest that this vehicle is loved by both young and old. While filling up last week a guy who was driving a bimmer 5 series made a point of coming over to compliment my ride. Wanted to know all about it. I really like this car. Was not a fan of CVTs but, after 2000 plus miles, am finding that this is by far the best CVT I have ever driven. If this car were to be offered with a detuned 2.0T with 6spd.....I would have to contemplate an upgrade. My car does not lack power but, I have always favored manuals over automatics, dcts and cvts. Items that I will not forego and really like about my current car.......like the Hatchback, moonroof, LED lights, suspension tuning, wheels and overall styling. Also like the auto start feature but, would forego this option with the ability to move from CVT to Manual. Also would give up the safety add ons for better price. The Lane watch and lane departure are not really features I use as I am an engaged driver. Changes? Head unit, needs more bass from the sub......that is about it. Honestly, the car is really solid.....and after driving over 40 different cars including BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Subaru, Mazda and VW, I am really happy with my decision.

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0