[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda in talks about pulling Acura out of China
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The glory days
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Toronto Motorsports Park - 10th Gen Civic Si Track day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda/Acura Gossip
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Colton Herta Becomes Youngest Indycar Winner Ever
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Lamborghini Urus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Acura shake-up caused by logistics
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: JDM Odyssey Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Sonata
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Shy away from 05-10 VCM Odysseys or NBD?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > ILX > > Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
LetterR
Profile for LetterR
2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2017 11:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Is the 2018 ILX expected to be a carryover or is a full model change coming?
urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2017 17:18
LetterR wrote:

I've been wondering the same. I imagine the LA Auto Show in December will shed some light on this. Seems a bit late to introduce an all new 2018 model.

I'm pretty excited to see what the next ILX will be like with the new diamond pentagon design and a lot of potential from the newest Civic platform.

Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2017 21:08
No word on this model at all and I've been patiently waiting this time around considering what they've done with the Civic. Hearing all the chatter of the head honchos being fully behind the brand, makes you think they'll finally let loose on Acura. I have a feeling that we'll see some sort of concept, as they usually do before the end of the year.
None
Profile for None
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2017 22:51
Knowing Acura, they will take the engine from the HR-V and call it a day.
iNteGRaz92
Profile for iNteGRaz92
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-15-2017 04:06
None wrote:
Knowing Acura, they will take the engine from the HR-V and call it a day.

and it continues...

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-15-2017 17:06
The ILX is really interesting if you think it will still be Civic based, and I do. The Civic line is so comprehensive that you have to wonder what is left and to be more upscale. Some speculation of a detuned 2.0T, perhaps but that is just slotting in between Type-R and Si.

I can make THE greatest luxury commuter car out of the Honda parts bin.

With so many brands saying they will have electrified versions of all models soon. Sport hybrid SH-AWD ILX/RSX. For the MDX its $3500 extra to go from FWD to SH-SH-AWD. Price wise with some leather, memory seats, makes sense for ILX to be AWD hybrid (hopefully plug in though). I put it in a hatch for the utility factor and Integra/RSX heritage. Call it the RSX is even better.

It gives you the entry into the brand, unique to Acura, the utility young people need with a hatch, it gets the eco friendly tag and helps meet the fleet requirements. All done out of the part bin.

On the other hand they could let it die while they get ready for a Q3/XC40 small luxury CUV which makes more sense if you can only do one.

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2017 10:40
I was thinking about the Lexus CT 200h which to my eye is a beautiful car, but in every review the same criticism of the wimpy powerless train. Acura should come out with a 2.0t for the Front wheels with electric SH-SH-AWD for the back and make an urban rallycar. Amazing performance, MPG and all at an entry level price.

Plug-ins get $5,000 tax credit + whatever the state offers. The tax credit alone pays for the hybrid powertrain and then some. Why would you leave that money on the table? Am I alone in thinking Acura has what it needs, it just refuses to build it? What it doesn't need is a 1.5T in anything.

tehnighthawk
Profile for tehnighthawk
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 08:53
LetterR wrote:

In case you missed it. The 2018 ILX is a carryover...

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2018 ILX carryover or full model change?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 09:30
GoFaster wrote:
I was thinking about the Lexus CT 200h which to my eye is a beautiful car...

I agree that it's quite nice looking - very tight in back, though!
I hope this one doesn't go away for good...

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0