[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda in talks about pulling Acura out of China
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The glory days
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Toronto Motorsports Park - 10th Gen Civic Si Track day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda/Acura Gossip
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Colton Herta Becomes Youngest Indycar Winner Ever
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Lamborghini Urus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Acura shake-up caused by logistics
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: JDM Odyssey Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Sonata
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Shy away from 05-10 VCM Odysseys or NBD?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > ILX > > Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
asfjnvh
Profile for asfjnvh
New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2017 15:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
check the first drive of possible next ILX with DCT and revised chassis

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2017/07/04/first-drive-2018-honda-civic-type-r-clarity-civic-dynamic-study-in-japan-uae-gcc/

PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2017 15:57
it already has a DCT
LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2017 21:40
Right, but the current ILX is on the old platform right?

I could see that being a power train and suspension mule for the next ILX "base". I just hope they do enough to elevate it far above the (pretty great) new Civic chassis an up the the styling quite a bit. Of course there must be a 2.0T SHAWD mule with 6MT and being tested in secret as well. ;-)

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2017 22:59
I figure the base ILX will have about 190 or 200 bhp with the 8DCT. I doubt it will offer an LSD and I don't know if with such "limited" power if will offer SH-AWD.

Now, I'm actually hoping to see a 2.0T ILX-S with an 8DCT and SH-AWD... it won't need 300bhp, just 250 ( the Accord's tune ) will do. That ought to haul ass and with AWD it ought to keep up with the CTR in the turns.

Naturally, I'd like to see the ILX a little big bigger than the Civic.. something like four or five inches longer, with most of that in the cabin... and a station wagon.

Such an ILX would allow the TLX to move up market and become solely a V6/SH-AWD sedan.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2017 23:09
TonyEX wrote:

Naturally, I'd like to see the ILX a little big bigger than the Civic.. something like four or five inches longer, with most of that in the cabin... and a station wagon.

What is it with you Americans and your fetish for ever bigger things!! The Civic is already a large car by any standards, make the ILX that much bigger and you may as well get a TLX?

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 05:54
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

What is it with you Americans and your fetish for ever bigger things!! The Civic is already a large car by any standards, make the ILX that much bigger and you may as well get a TLX?

Yup; the next ILX should be over 6 metres long, have opera windows, di-noc panelling on the sides and whitewall tyres. Preferably with body-on-frame construction. AND a naugahide interior, with buttons on the seats.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 08:26
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Yup; the next ILX should be over 6 metres long, have opera windows, di-noc panelling on the sides and whitewall tyres. Preferably with body-on-frame construction. AND a naugahide interior, with buttons on the seats.

Acura would prefer to have the buttons on the face of the young buyers targeted for the ILX lol

Your post made my day :)

wooderson79
Profile for wooderson79
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 11:59
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

And a bench seat up front that can fit three adults or two adults with two children!

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 17:15
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

As long as the Touring Elite Aspec version has Corinthian leather, I'm in.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 17:20
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Hey.... I don't remind you of the Ford Cortina.. or British Leyland or those MGs with their own gauge for bolts and screws?

Nor do I remind anybody that Oz has some of the most dangerous critters on the face of the planet and that having 50% of the population in Eastern Cities with a density bordering that of downtown Torremolinos during August in a continent that is mostly barren makes very little sense, huh?

Do I?

Now, there is no way the ILX can be the same size as the Civic... it has to be a big bigger... not much, but even with a modest stretch and will still be smaller than the TLX.

Besides, we gave the world JC Whitney. You are just jealous that Rolls never came out with a baby blue car with white leather interior, a white landau vinyl roof and chromed opera windows.

A car for Royalty.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 19:53
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

You forgot the "Spirit of Etsy", a home-made hood ornament.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2017 23:38
TonyEX wrote:
I figure the base ILX will have about 190 or 200 bhp with the 8DCT. I doubt it will offer an LSD and I don't know if with such "limited" power if will offer SH-AWD.

Now, I'm actually hoping to see a 2.0T ILX-S with an 8DCT and SH-AWD... it won't need 300bhp, just 250 ( the Accord's tune ) will do. That ought to haul ass and with AWD it ought to keep up with the CTR in the turns.

Such an ILX would allow the TLX to move up market and become solely a V6/SH-AWD sedan.

I'm hoping that the ILX comes only with the 2.0T. I know the 1.5T is respectable, but in the segment, isn't everything about "feelings"? A 1.5T no matter how you sugarcoat it is still a 1.5 liter engine.

Just use the 2.0T, lower the compression, lower the exotic material, lower the power, just make it a 2 liter.

After all, a special Civic use the 2.0T. I believe ILX is an extra special Civic, and should be treated as such.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2017 05:56
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Hey.... I don't remind you of the Ford Cortina.. or British Leyland or those MGs with their own gauge for bolts and screws?

Nor do I remind anybody that Oz has some of the most dangerous critters on the face of the planet and that having 50% of the population in Eastern Cities with a density bordering that of downtown Torremolinos during August in a continent that is mostly barren makes very little sense, huh?

Do I?

Now, there is no way the ILX can be the same size as the Civic... it has to be a big bigger... not much, but even with a modest stretch and will still be smaller than the TLX.

Besides, we gave the world JC Whitney. You are just jealous that Rolls never came out with a baby blue car with white leather interior, a white landau vinyl roof and chromed opera windows.

A car for Royalty.

I forgot about the multi-colo(u)r vinyl roofs. With dummy hood irons AND an opera window, please.

Hell, they've already got the chrome pushbutton Torqueflite-style buttons ready on the new cars. It's only a matter of time...

BTW - apparently VAG do that, too - never use a 10mm screw when you can randomly choose any other size close to it.

At least they're all metric and not a random mix of metric and AF, like some of our products were. And probably with a Whitworth thrown in for good measure...

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2017 07:49
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Do I?

A car for Royalty.

Great, more memories of Whitworth fasteners which all rusted and were easily rounded off. Thank goodness for Kano Aero Kroil, it's terribly expensive stuff because it's worth every penny. I had one of the service guys at my Honda dealership ask why I keep the engines and under hood areas of our cars so clean. I asked if he had ever worked on an old British car. I think the guy understood but who knows.

And that's just the fasteners. I'm convinced the sills on all of the old British cars were rusting before they left Pressed Steel's factories.

Funny, the Honda dealer shuttle van driver and I were talking about old cars one morning and I mentioned the natural habitat for a Triumph TR4 being the back of a tow truck. He laughed and replied with his knowing that all old VW Beetles mark their territories.

By the way, Martin Landau passed away a few days ago.

RJake
Profile for RJake
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2017 16:04
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Size matters. :-)

typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2017 16:30
A 1.5T would be 'aiming for the bottom' of the segment IMO and arguably would offer the same engine as the Civic which would pose the question, WHY even waste the investment and launch this vehicle.

Acura needs to offer a detuned 2.0T to even justify the badge and ANY comparison to a German competitor (A3, CLA, 230i), unless their new goal is to compete against Mazda and Buick. In which case, why does this brand exist!

Midi_Amp wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

I'm hoping that the ILX comes only with the 2.0T. I know the 1.5T is respectable, but in the segment, isn't everything about "feelings"? A 1.5T no matter how you sugarcoat it is still a 1.5 liter engine.

Just use the 2.0T, lower the compression, lower the exotic material, lower the power, just make it a 2 liter.

After all, a special Civic use the 2.0T. I believe ILX is an extra special Civic, and should be treated as such.

VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2017 21:52
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

The Civic has gotten bigger than a car I'd want. I would hope for an ILX slightly more compact.

Archknight77
Profile for Archknight77
Re: New ILX mule? Honda Civic DCT study    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2017 22:53
VTEC_Inside wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

The Civic has gotten bigger than a car I'd want. I would hope for an ILX slightly more compact.

Well, if the low and wide theme is what they are truly going with when it comes to Acura, then get ready for a bigger ILX. I would expect it to be at least a couple of inches wider than the Civic and about 3 inches longer. The only reason for the length would be based on the design aspects of the Precision Concept and making a little more room in the rear for legroom.

I'm not sure what Ikeda's comments regarding the Honda being behind Acura meant in Jeff's interview, but I would assume they are being allowed to develop their own version of the Civic platform or scalable one like other companies. The ILX will have to go head to head with the heavy hitters and Acura needs a homerun. If SHAWD is the future of Acura, then the ILX should have a powertrain similar to the Audi A4 but with the reduced size and weight.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0