[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis G70 - Everyday Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Want to stop faster than a Tesla Model 3? Get an F-150
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 10th Generation Honda Accord Launching This Year with Advanced New Powertrain Lineup > > Re: Trim Levels

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

iwantthattrophy
Profile for iwantthattrophy
Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 14:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What's your thoughts on the trim levels for the 2018 Accord?

LX 1.5 or carry over 2.4?
Value trim? Sport 1.5 variant
EX 1.5
Value trim? Sport Plus 2.0 variant
EXL Navi 1.5
Touring 2.0
Elite 2.0

I really hope Honda bestows the Accord with the much deserved Elite trim level. Ventilated seats and heated steering wheel needs to happen. A much higher quality subwoofer is a must. My 2016 Civic Touring's sub sucks even with all audio settings tuned.

Generally there needs to be the following:
Volume knob
A/C fan speed physical up and down buttons
The Civic/CR-V/Odyssey steering wheel

Also I hate that the BRAKE indicator is so low to the bottom right of the 2016 Civic's gauge cluster. It should be displayed near the P shift indicator on the display.

Interior color options for leather other than typical beige, light grey and black would be daring. The darker grey leather on my Civic is nice. Loose the beige in my opinion. Love that terra-cotta clay color. Something earthy and less parchment/wax paper.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 15:05
iwantthattrophy wrote:
What's your thoughts on the trim levels for the 2018 Accord?

LX 1.5 or carry over 2.4?
Value trim? Sport 1.5 variant
EX 1.5
Value trim? Sport Plus 2.0 variant
EXL Navi 1.5
Touring 2.0
Elite 2.0

I really hope Honda bestows the Accord with the much deserved Elite trim level. Ventilated seats and heated steering wheel needs to happen. A much higher quality subwoofer is a must. My 2016 Civic Touring's sub sucks even with all audio settings tuned.

Generally there needs to be the following:
Volume knob
A/C fan speed physical up and down buttons
The Civic/CR-V/Odyssey steering wheel

Also I hate that the BRAKE indicator is so low to the bottom right of the 2016 Civic's gauge cluster. It should be displayed near the P shift indicator on the display.

Interior color options for leather other than typical beige, light grey and black would be daring. The darker grey leather on my Civic is nice. Loose the beige in my opinion. Love that terra-cotta clay color. Something earthy and less parchment/wax paper.

Honda's already said the Accord will use the 1.5t and 2.0t, so very unlikely the 2.4 will carry over on the Accord, even in the LX.

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 15:14
The Accord will at least get the new features (ventilated seats, heated steering, power fold mirrors) on the Odyssey except Cabin watch. Itíll also have the digital TFT screen as well. Something new normally comes to the Accord too. I am thinking maybe a surround view camera at least??
MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 15:54
bgreen83 wrote:
The Accord will at least get the new features (ventilated seats, heated steering, power fold mirrors) on the Odyssey except Cabin watch. Itíll also have the digital TFT screen as well. Something new normally comes to the Accord too. I am thinking maybe a surround view camera at least??

Only in an Elite trim above Touring in the 40K+ range would you get that many premium features (while you're at it, where is my panoramic roof?). Then it would truly be "RIP TLX"

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 16:58
MGP999 wrote:
bgreen83 wrote:

Only in an Elite trim above Touring in the 40K+ range would you get that many premium features (while you're at it, where is my panoramic roof?). Then it would truly be "RIP TLX"

I have said this before, if not to you, in this forum. If youíre relative new to the Honda brand, it doesnít work that way so Iíll explain. The only features not included on the Accord as it relates to the Pilot and Odyssey are options specifically related to the SUV/Van like the rear entertainment system.

There is no elite trim on the Accord and wonít be. The features in the Elite are normally in the Touring for other models. For example, to get rain-sensing wipers in an Odyssey you have to get the Elite. That options is in the Accord, Civic and Cr-V at the Touring trim. So comparing it by cost doesnít work and it doesnít even make sense because itís a van vs a sedan.

In any event, I know they will have they will have ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors on the Touring. Honda also gives options to lower packages with each redesign of the Accord. Thatís one of the reasons you see the resistance to go to a Camry due to the lack of options even with the presence of the V6.
As far as your statement regarding cars over $40K, most sedans now have the ventilated seats and heated steering wheel in their most expensive trim.. look it up!

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 20:05
Was thinking about this at dinner, after seeing this thread. Two questions I'd have before even hazarding a guess:

1. Most importantly, is the Sensing package going to be standard across the range?
2. Will full LED lighting be standard across the range?

If the answer to both is "yes," then I could see things breaking out like the Civic:

LX: 1.5--both transmissions (stick might be hard to get, and maybe only with black interior).
Sport: 1.5--both transmissions, black interior, other stuff like current Sport; tweaked exhaust, spoiler, 19" or 20" wheels. Nicer stereo? (XM above here?)

EX 1.5--both transmissions. Nicer stereo, LaneWatch, HomeLink. 360 camera?
EX 2.0--slushbox only. Maybe put a power seat in here, or power seat in all EXs, adding memory to the 2.0. Maybe link the mirrors in this trim/engine combo to the fobs. NAVI at this level as option?
Sport Plus/2.0--stick only? Same add-ons as the EX 2.0, with the suspension/body/wheel upgrades from the Sport 1.5. NAVI optional? Top-line stereo from here on up? Other interior colors than black, at this level?
EX-L--2.0, slushbox only, maybe Blind-Spot warming instead of LaneWatch? Heated wheel here along with backup sensors ventilated front and heated rear seats, and NAVI optional?

Touring--2.0, both transmissions, everything standard, including auto-brights and wipers. Perhaps do an Elite with the big wheels/tires/aero. Maybe this could get extra-premium interior bits, as in the Oddy.

If SmartKey won't be standard across the range, add it to EX and above.

I'd think that LED tails would be standard. Again, as with SmartKey, full LEDs EX and above. (Or if they are really being stingy, go full LEDs on all 2.0-equipped Accords.)

If Sensing isn't standard, offer it in every trim through EXs, when it then becomes standard EX-L and above.

Might seem like a lot, but since the Coupe is apparently a goner, there's probably still less total permutations under this plan. The EX is the real value here, especially the 2.0 or EX-L. This also splits the sticks into the sportier trims. Maybe they could omit the EX-L, and make that the bottom Touring, or they offer a Touring 1.5 to equate to the current Touring 2.4 in Canada, above the EXs, which would be the top level with cloth seats.

The lack of the V6 does muddy the waters up in the higher levels, that's for sure!

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 20:44
The Odyssey and CR-V offer all the safety features in the EX trim including the BSI and Rear Cross traffic alert. The Accord should at least do that. I am wondering if they will follow in Toyotaís footsteps and make it Ďstandardí and just raise the base price.

That is why this whole package ordeal will be interesting for a lot of carmakers. Just a few years ago adaptive cruise control was on the very last package and when you make something like that standard what makes for the case to buy a Touring Accord? Thatís where it may get creative. The same with the TLX. You had to get the Advance package for ACC last year, but now itís standard. A Honda Salesman told me no one is buying the LX CRV because the EX is the sweetspot. Honda also hasnít delivered LX Odyssey trims yet because they know itís a no brainer to go to the EX model.

Honestly I think they should have an LX then add more trims for the ĎSportí model starting with an EX-Sport. They could also add push button standard like the Odyssey and Pilot but we will see.

Consider the new pricing of the 18 Camry. Toyota and Lexus did this for the GS, RX, and Corolla. They added the $600 or so safety package to the base price. Honda could do the same for marketing purposes. The EX CRV went up on $600 from the prior 2016 CRV. Right now the Accord starts at just over $22k, but look at the Camryís new pricing. Iím not sure about destination. Honda normally has a small increase initially and sneaks the increases in over the life of the generation. They have room to add the safety sensing standard.

skapig
Profile for skapig
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2017 21:07
Gfn8r wrote:
LX: 1.5--both transmissions (stick might be hard to get, and maybe only with black interior).
Sport: 1.5--both transmissions, black interior, other stuff like current Sport; tweaked exhaust, spoiler, 19" or 20" wheels. Nicer stereo? (XM above here?)

EX 2.0--slushbox only. Maybe put a power seat in here, or power seat in all EXs, adding memory to the 2.0. Maybe link the mirrors in this trim/engine combo to the fobs. NAVI at this level as option?
Sport Plus/2.0--stick only? Same add-ons as the EX 2.0, with the suspension/body/wheel upgrades from the Sport 1.5. NAVI optional? Top-line stereo from here on up? Other interior colors than black, at this level?
EX-L--2.0, slushbox only, maybe Blind-Spot warming instead of LaneWatch? Heated wheel here along with backup sensors ventilated front and heated rear seats, and NAVI optional?

Touring--2.0, both transmissions, everything standard, including auto-brights and wipers. Perhaps do an Elite with the big wheels/tires/aero. Maybe this could get extra-premium interior bits, as in the Oddy.

You still need a "leather" version for the 1.5.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 00:16
skapig wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

Aren't the Lx, Sport and Ex-L I4 models the best sellers? Definitely cannot leave out the EX-L. I expect it to be CVT only.

I'm cool with the EX being CVT only too, as long as there is a Sport with some nice equipment or an Touring I4 with the 6spd manual. This is especially true of the 2.0t.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 06:01
skapig wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

Yes we do!

I'll think about this and rework the matrix later!

I wonder what the upcharge will be just for the 2.0. Not as much as the current one, I'd think. It's $2,075 EX-L to EX-L V6 now; for reference's sake, let's say $1,500.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 11:09
There was a leak of some of the standard "equipment" on the new Camrys. LE and up have standard LED low-beam headlights. Looks like the Camry is taking a page from the Corolla's playbook.
bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 11:44
Based on this early spyshot it looks like LED will be on lower trims. The jewel lights still likely reserved for the Touring.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 13:43
bgreen83 wrote:
Based on this early spyshot it looks like LED will be on lower trims. The jewel lights still likely reserved for the Touring.

Good eye--even head-on, the color temperature of those looks too white to be Halogens. (There's a normal mirror inside, not the "smiley" Gentex electrochromic, too. Well, on second look, it looks a little too beefy to be normal, plus there's a camera above it, probably the current electrochromic that isn't in the top trims--those'll get the klown-thing! Could tell for sure if the watermark wasn't in the way!)

iwantthattrophy
Profile for iwantthattrophy
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 13:53
Honda has only ever put ventilated seats in the FCX Clarity, Honda Elite and Acura Advanced trims in the US. If they keep the Accord maxed out as a Touring I really hope they don't sell it short.

Maxed out trim level per model:
Clarity: Touring
Civic: Touring
Accord: Touring (2018 Elite SH-AWD?! - RIP TLX)
Fit: EX-L Navi
HR-V: EX-L Navi (MMC Touring?)
CR-V: Touring
Pilot: Elite
Odyssey: Elite
Ridgeline: RTL-E/Black Edition

Acura's lineup should be refined:
One flagship full/midsize sedan (Coupe finds its way here?)
One flagship supercar
One full/midsize SUV
One crossover SUV

Honda should stop trying to make an Acura version of nearly every Honda model. Honda exclusive models should be Civic, Accord, Clarity, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey and Ridgeline. Having comparable Acura SUVs such as MDX/Pilot and RDX/CR-V seems unavoidable.

Acura needs an identity that's super refined and only bests the best Honda models with a limited lineup and no distractions.

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 15:34
iwantthattrophy wrote:
Honda has only ever put ventilated seats in the FCX Clarity, Honda Elite and Acura Advanced trims in the US. If they keep the Accord maxed out as a Touring I really hope they don't sell it short.

Maxed out trim level per model:
Clarity: Touring
Civic: Touring
Accord: Touring (2018 Elite SH-AWD?! - RIP TLX)
Fit: EX-L Navi
HR-V: EX-L Navi (MMC Touring?)
CR-V: Touring
Pilot: Elite
Odyssey: Elite
Ridgeline: RTL-E/Black Edition

Acura's lineup should be refined:
One flagship full/midsize sedan (Coupe finds its way here?)
One flagship supercar
One full/midsize SUV
One crossover SUV

Honda should stop trying to make an Acura version of nearly every Honda model. Honda exclusive models should be Civic, Accord, Clarity, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey and Ridgeline. Having comparable Acura SUVs such as MDX/Pilot and RDX/CR-V seems unavoidable.

Acura needs an identity that's super refined and only bests the best Honda models with a limited lineup and no distractions.

Take my word for it. The Accord Touring will get those options. I was told by two different managers that's what the Touring would have with the exception of the cabinwatch. One of them also told me about the manual paired to the 2.0T before the announcement was made. The only thing that's separated the Odyssey options from the Accord in the past is the higher watt audio system. The Touring model has to remain competitive to sell. Navigation along with some of the safety options are on lower trims now so it has to make the Touring sedans more appealing.

You will even notice in the early spyshots from April the Touring model had the power mirrors folded in and that's why. Also, look closely at the Elite trims and you'll notice the Elite trims have options that are included in the models that have the Touring as their highest trim. i.e the Pilot gets the BSI, auto high beams, rain sensing wipers and LED headlights only on the Elite while those are Touring options on the Accord.

MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 21:43
In any event, if you claim to know something for sure you should have a source, otherwise you are just blowing hot air. You have been going on about this for some time and you need to understand that Honda isn't Kia. They are all about having the most well-rounded vehicle in the segment with an emphasis on reliability and quality at a good value. Just adding a dozen new features just to appease certain consumers focused on aesthetics makes no sense in light of their philosophy (BTW, there are very few cars in the segment that have heated/ventilated seats, power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel and a 360 degree camera).

As for the Camry, you keep bashing it because it doesn't have memory or ventilated seats, however there are features that it has that the Accord or others my not have such as the HUD, Pano roof, 300+ hp V6 and standard safety suite across all trim levels. I do not see the resistance that you mention as there are quite a few people willing to cross-shop both.

We will be waiting with bated breath for your full trim level feature list as soon as you get the information from Deep Throat at the Dealership.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 22:02
Looks like Honda's gonna cheap-out on of all things, HomeLinks! Just noticed that the new Oddy has the HomeLink controls in the gorpy, vomit-inducing, "smiley," frameless Gentex mirror, instead of the overhead console! So just like on a Nissan, my mirror will go a tiny bit out of adjustment every time I open my garage!

If they're gonna do that, I hope that I can at least swap another HomeLink-equipped Gentex for that gawd-awful frameless one!

SMH!!

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 22:39
Gfn8r wrote:
bgreen83 wrote:

Good eye--even head-on, the color temperature of those looks too white to be Halogens. (There's a normal mirror inside, not the "smiley" Gentex electrochromic, too. Well, on second look, it looks a little too beefy to be normal, plus there's a camera above it, probably the current electrochromic that isn't in the top trims--those'll get the klown-thing! Could tell for sure if the watermark wasn't in the way!)

Keep in mind it's a prototype, could be whatever is laying around and installed them. The white headlight,amber turn light and red whatever plight on the outside is too odd to be production.

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 22:45
MGP999 wrote:
In any event, if you claim to know something for sure you should have a source, otherwise you are just blowing hot air. You have been going on about this for some time and you need to understand that Honda isn't Kia. They are all about having the most well-rounded vehicle in the segment with an emphasis on reliability and quality at a good value. Just adding a dozen new features just to appease certain consumers focused on aesthetics makes no sense in light of their philosophy (BTW, there are very few cars in the segment that have heated/ventilated seats, power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel and a 360 degree camera).

As for the Camry, you keep bashing it because it doesn't have memory or ventilated seats, however there are features that it has that the Accord or others my not have such as the HUD, Pano roof, 300+ hp V6 and standard safety suite across all trim levels. I do not see the resistance that you mention as there are quite a few people willing to cross-shop both.

We will be waiting with bated breath for your full trim level feature list as soon as you get the information from Deep Throat at the Dealership.

Iíll tell you what. Mark my wordsÖthe options I said the new Accord will have will be thereÖ I told you several months ago that your comparison of the Elite to the Touring is not a good comparison and I explained why even in this thread and gave you examples. Once again the Pilot Elite has options that are in the Accord Touring. You obviously didnít do your research.

If you donít know the things Iíve stated and it still doesnít make sense to you I canít help you. If you decide that those features are only in a $40Kplus vehicle then why are some of those options already in the Accord and Civic. Why does the Civic get LED headlights at $27K, but the Pilot gets it at $47k? The start at different pricesÖsmh..

The reason I am bashing the Camry for the lack of memory seats is because every car in the midsize sedan class has memory seats and has for some time. I was also pointing out there are several other options that cars in this class have and the Camry really has the HUD and pano rood and thatís it. There are cars in the compact class including the Civic that gives you rain sensing wipers and itís the second package on the Mazda3. The Fusion has had the option since 2012.Finally, donít be a foolÖ Toyota giving you safety sense is no different than Honda giving you the option to add the $1K Sensing package to the LX. Canít you see that??

If I am saying that the Accord will have the options and youíre saying that it wonít then what are you doing without sources? Isnít that blowing hot air??? Oh, it only applies to meÖ gotcha!

bgreen83
Profile for bgreen83
Re: Trim Levels [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2017 23:52
longhorn wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:
bgreen83 wrote:

Keep in mind it's a prototype, could be whatever is laying around and installed them. The white headlight,amber turn light and red whatever plight on the outside is too odd to be production.

Ahh! Good point. Thanks! I remember they used the 9th gen interior with some of the prototypes but the push button was the new red button on latest models.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0