[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda in talks about pulling Acura out of China
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The glory days
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Toronto Motorsports Park - 10th Gen Civic Si Track day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda/Acura Gossip
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Colton Herta Becomes Youngest Indycar Winner Ever
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Lamborghini Urus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Acura shake-up caused by logistics
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: JDM Odyssey Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Sonata
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Shy away from ‘05-‘10 VCM Odysseys or NBD?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > ILX > > Re: Ouch

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Zurvan
Profile for Zurvan
Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 14:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Least-Satisfying Overall: Acura ILX

The Acura ILX is a swing and a miss, in both CR testing and when judged by owners. It falls 10 percentage points below the Mercedes-Benz CLA in the same category, itself a disappointing entry. Across all car types, the ILX has the lowest satisfaction, followed closely by the Dodge Dart and Jeep Compass. The ILX was challenged from the start as a pricey, dressed-up Honda Civic. Acura made several key updates for the 2016 model year, but even when looking at ratings on just those freshened sedans, they are no different than older model years.

Owners say:
“Lacks acceleration, noisy, poor quality paint, shaky ride... very expensive for the poor quality offered.”

“It shifts too soon into higher gear, making acceleration feel sluggish unless under hard acceleration.”

“Road noise is very pronounced. I will be trading the ILX in as soon as I can on something quieter.”

Acura/Honda overall scored fairly well, so seeing one of their cars get the absolute bottom rating is rough. Guess I won't be looking at the ILX when it's time to replace the Accord in a few years.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 14:22
Last night I saw a group of them huddled together on the Acura dealer's lot.

Bringing them to market originally with the 150 h.p. engine, and even worse the hybrid version, sealed their fate as under-performers.

Torino R72P
Profile for Torino R72P
Re: Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 16:47
I'm glad it got rock bottom. Hopefully it'll wake them up.
jshaw
Profile for jshaw
Re: Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 17:43
superchg2 wrote:
Last night I saw a group of them huddled together on the Acura dealer's lot.

Bringing them to market originally with the 150 h.p. engine, and even worse the hybrid version, sealed their fate as under-performers.

That hybrid version was a travesty on so many levels. It completely wiped away any chance of Acura's first hybrid to be a technological tour-de-force like the RLX Sport Hybrid, or even the NSX. Instead, all the way back in 2012, we saw the "Earth Dreams" bullshit plan that included an Acura IMA hybrid. A hybrid they KNEW would not sell, nor be long on the market.

Honda deliberately squandered a pivotal piece of Acura history.

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 17:59
Similar to the civic-crv-accord plank, you'd hope that a ilx -tsx-rlx or such approach is cooking.
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: Ouch    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-23-2016 19:43
They deserve as much critism as possible over such a stupid boneheaded move. It was just flat out embarassing what they did with that awful image killing cost cut "smart luxury" direction and thinking that half assed dressed up econo car ILX dud was a good idea.

Making the RLX barely nicer then what a real TL replacement should have been and then charging over 50K for it instead of doing a real RWD V8 flagship which Ito killed, releasing a sub entry half assed low end ILX to replace the TSX so you can make the TL replacement a even more downmarket lower end car and combine it with the TSX was one of the dumbest "strategies" in the last few decades in the automotive world. Only thing about as stupid was Chrysler selling a really expensive Lebarron with some Italian leather and a Masserati name on the back thinking that would work(I lived on the same street as some moron who bought one).

I remember when Acura was talking about the ILX somehow being a Lexus IS competitor and solving many of their problems before it was released. Then I saw it and it was the biggest joke, they can't be serious, the FWD V6 RLX with fake wood was bad enough but the ILX was the proof they were absolutely clueless about the luxury market and simply treating Acura as some unwanted entity they had no intention of putting real effort in. Sad thing is to this day they still seem to have no answers for sedans of coupes, they are all cost cut smart luxury duds.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0