[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Resurfaced brakes at 12.5K miles!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: And a Merry CL77 Christmas to all...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Suspension grinding/scraping
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Ignition Systems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Knocking sound from the back at idle
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > 3rd Generation TL (2004-2008 models) - Maint. & Repair > > Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
klee2000
Profile for klee2000
My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2010 17:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hi any help would be appreciate. I have a 2004 Acura TL I just notice that my dashboard tells me that my right rear door is open but it's not I had to come out the car and reshut all doors just to make sure but the indicator on dashboard is not changing.
Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2010 22:52
It could be a bad sensor. Can you remotely lock and unlock your vehicle's doors when it is parked?
VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2010 09:11
klee2000 wrote:
Hi any help would be appreciate. I have a 2004 Acura TL I just notice that my dashboard tells me that my right rear door is open but it's not I had to come out the car and reshut all doors just to make sure but the indicator on dashboard is not changing.

Do you not use that door a lot by chance? It's likely that it's just a problem with the switch at that door. Look for it, pull back the rubber cover and remove it from the door jamb. You should be able to see pretty quick if something is up there.

klee2000
Profile for klee2000
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2010 11:05
Thanks for your reply!! No when the light is on I cannot lock my car when it is parked. I removed the sensor as I removed it the right rear door was the only door open and I noticed that the light in my car started flickering. I went back up front to check the dashboard and the door was flicking open then close. So I reconnect the sensor, I then noticed that the sensor would go off and on. I started playing with sensor then the dome light would go off and on I then closed the door. A few seconds later the door open signal went off. For now it seems to be working but I'm almost sure this issue is not over. What would cause this could this be an electrical problem?

klee2000
Profile for klee2000
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2010 11:14
Do you not use that door a lot by chance? It's likely that it's just a problem with the switch at that door. Look for it, pull back the rubber cover and remove it from the door jamb. You should be able to see pretty quick if something is up there.

I use the door around once or twice every other day. The only thing that came to mind was the sensor because when i first noticed that the door light wouldn't turn off I played with the sensor by pushing in and out as the door would do being shut. After doing that nothing change the light didn't go off when I pushed in.

Last edited by RyanDL on 11-04-2010 12:49
Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2010 12:59
I'd say take it to the dealer or a trusted repair shop.
VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2010 16:06
klee2000 wrote:

I use the door around once or twice every other day. The only thing that came to mind was the sensor because when i first noticed that the door light wouldn't turn off I played with the sensor by pushing in and out as the door would do being shut. After doing that nothing change the light didn't go off when I pushed in.

Well you can disconnect the wire from the switch and just ground it to the body (the threads of the screw hole should work) to see if you get a positive on/off situation out of that.

The problem is the contact point in the switch can corrode a little over time and it just doesn't make a complete circuit anymore.

A new door switch shouldn't cost that much if you can't fix this one.

Brian
Profile for Brian
Re: My Dashboard say my doors open!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2015 08:38
Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem.. did it turn out to be the actuator or the switch after? Or was it the wiring somewhere between that and the computer? or something else?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0