[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
General Talk --> Re: Honda in talks about pulling Acura out of China
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The glory days
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Toronto Motorsports Park - 10th Gen Civic Si Track day
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda/Acura Gossip
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Colton Herta Becomes Youngest Indycar Winner Ever
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Lamborghini Urus
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Acura shake-up caused by logistics
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: JDM Odyssey Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Sonata
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Shy away from ‘05-‘10 VCM Odysseys or NBD?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > ILX > > Re: Acura ILX Commercials

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 08:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2013-acura-ilx-commercials-equal-parts-video-45604.html

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 11:57
Some people will never end critizicing Honda marketing, but their US branch is doing some seriously good and fun advertising recently. IMHO both of those ILX adds are purposedly well made.

Here is another one I trully love and saw recently. It really kept me laughing for a while and remember it, both being good things (again IMHO).

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 13:39
danielgr wrote:
Some people will never end critizicing Honda marketing, but their US branch is doing some seriously good and fun advertising recently. IMHO both of those ILX adds are purposedly well made.

Here is another one I trully love and saw recently. It really kept me laughing for a while and remember it, both being good things (again IMHO).

I agree those are two good spots, but "marketing" encompasses much more than television ads. And I think the part of Honda marketing that's being criticized the most isn't the television ads. The entire advertising process is handled out of house by RPA anyhow.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 16:18
Besides the inconsistent front/front and front/rear shots when the passenger enters the car, I wonder why they elected to showcase the 6 speed version in the second commercial?
THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 16:57
DCR wrote:
I wonder why they elected to showcase the 6 speed version in the second commercial?

Because its precision crafted performance is very advanced and it inspires all of the other brands so it's very aspirational for the whole world! Just ask the puppet with the Legend...

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-31-2012 19:26
Who knows. But I think its better to show the rear to show the difference of night and day, front and back, fun and responsibility as they said.
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 08:14
Acura Launches ILX with Gen Y Flavor
Susie Rossick, manager of Acura advertising, tells Marketing Daily that the digital buy will hone in on sites popular with 25-to-34 year olds. "We have upped our percentage of digital spend higher than we have ever done for Acura, because this group spends much more time online than Baby Boomers," she says. "So we're doing things on Pitchfork, Bleacher Report, and Mashable, for example. We are doing homepage takeovers on MSN and Yahoo." The automaker is advertising on Xbox Live, Pandora and Good, and showing creative on YouTube, as well.

98EX4cyl
Profile for 98EX4cyl
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 13:29
TSX69 wrote:
Acura Launches ILX with Gen Y Flavor
Susie Rossick, manager of Acura advertising, tells Marketing Daily that the digital buy will hone in on sites popular with 25-to-34 year olds. "We have upped our percentage of digital spend higher than we have ever done for Acura, because this group spends much more time online than Baby Boomers," she says. "So we're doing things on Pitchfork, Bleacher Report, and Mashable, for example. We are doing homepage takeovers on MSN and Yahoo." The automaker is advertising on Xbox Live, Pandora and Good, and showing creative on YouTube, as well.

Let's hope Susie & Acura haven't misjudged the target consumer again. They always make me nervous when they 'pinpoint' a very narrow range of consumers. Acura and Honda have a pretty lousy record of correctly picking these target markets.

Element - 20 & 30 yo looking for a cool outdoorsy ride. Instead popular with many empty-nesters and proved a great alternative to full size vans for many small businesses.

ZDX - doesn't matter what target market - it didn't exist & hasn't sold well

RDX 1st Gen - 30 something urban professionals more concerned with tech goodies than kids. As 2nd Gen sales are showing this could have been winner from the start without the harsh ride and turbo if they targeted it to young families and those downsizing from bigger SUVs.

My fear is the ILX is being mis-marketed and will appeal more to
baby-boomers looking for luxury features with lower fuel costs at a lower price tag. Its also may appeal as an entry-level luxury commuter car for working parents. Trouble with both those ideas is the TSX is a better option at nearly the same cost and offers more hp.

Coming months will tell.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 13:38
"...digital spend" and "homepage takeovers..."

So cool.

Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 14:01
Neal wrote:

So cool.

More awful marketing types patting themselves on the back on how clever they are with self-made industry terms.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 14:09
Neal wrote:

So cool.

how about a "digital spend" over here at the TOV, eh?

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 14:30
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

So cool.

how about a "digital spend" over here at the TOV, eh?

Perhaps we are what's known as "a hostile witness." ;-)

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2012 09:00
Acura Targets Viable GenY-ers With New ILX Sedan, Campaign
The ILX launch is important for Acura because the brand is still trying to recover its bearings after last year’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan crushed the sales momentum it had begun to build in the U.S. market. And, according to Acura brand executives, they’re still trying to capture a measure of respect.

“Even with restricted inventories, we still sold more cars last year than Lincoln and Cadillac and Volvo and Audi,”
Mike Accavitti, Acura’s U.S. CMO, told me. “Audi gets all these accolades but we sell more cars than them. We’re 4th [in U.S. luxury sales volumes] this year even before high volumes of our 2 new products, ILX and [a new version of the RDX utility vehicle], have gotten onto dealer lots.”

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Acura ILX Commercials    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2012 09:31
"Audi gets all these accolades but we sell more cars than them."

Yup, no damage coming to the brand because of this idiot.