[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda to modify 12,000 redesigned Fits sold in US
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 mileage. Thought I would share.
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Sport vs. Civic Hybrid.....thoughts...
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Valid reason for an ILX Type-S 2.0t/SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: N22B
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Pilot Spy Shots
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Civic Hybrid vs. Accord Sport - thoughts...
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX production
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2011 14:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
If the '12 TL got a +2/+3 mpg boost, would this be expected also for the '12 TSX V6 since it uses the same engine?

Current TSX V6 gets 19/28 mpg, with similar gains to the TL it becomes 21/31 mpg .. which would be astonishingly similar to the current 4-cyl TSX !!

So okay, maybe not so much, but still if it can manage 20/30 mpg that would be very impressive.

I suppose if that does happen the 4-cyl will also get a nice modest mpg boost with a 6AT if that does happen. 23/32 mpg maybe?

This is all so bizzare, in the past 2-3 years I've seen the mpg difference between 4-cyl vs 6-cyl become less and less.

Any clue how it is actually in the real world ?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2011 15:10
ipribadi wrote:
If the '12 TL got a +2/+3 mpg boost, would this be expected also for the '12 TSX V6 since it uses the same engine?

Current TSX V6 gets 19/28 mpg, with similar gains to the TL it becomes 21/31 mpg .. which would be astonishingly similar to the current 4-cyl TSX !!

So okay, maybe not so much, but still if it can manage 20/30 mpg that would be very impressive.

I suppose if that does happen the 4-cyl will also get a nice modest mpg boost with a 6AT if that does happen. 23/32 mpg maybe?

This is all so bizzare, in the past 2-3 years I've seen the mpg difference between 4-cyl vs 6-cyl become less and less.

Any clue how it is actually in the real world ?

The '11 TSX got the exact same engine update as the '12 TL. The details are already out there. +1mpg city, +1mpg hwy for 19/28 now. I can tell you that the '10 TSX V6 I tested easily delivered 30+mpg on a ~450mile round trip between Atlanta and Knoxville. It achieved better fuel economy on the highway for me than the 4-cylinder did, but I was cruising at a pretty fine clip too. I would hope that at lower speeds the 4-cylinder might deliver better fuel economy, but I don't have the patience to try it. 4-cylinder or V6, the fuel economy is quite good either way.

CanTex
Profile for CanTex
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2011 15:35
With my "ancient" '10 TSX I'm getting 22 - 23 in city driving and 31 - 34 on the highway at 5 over. The big thing for me is that the 4 cyl. will burn regular, whereas premium is required with the V6. Power is more than adequate with the 4, even though it's not quite as quiet as our Crosstour. The sound of the engine winding out as I hit that on-ramp, though, is definitely worth it to me.

Two things convinced me to get the 4: Only one V6 in the area at the time and it was not in a suitable color, and price. I just couldn't justify the extra money when the 4 drove just fine with lots of spunk.
ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2011 23:54
Wait a minute the '11 TSX already has the '12 TL V6 engine?
So the TL makes 20/29mpg and the TSX 19/28mpg?
Golly ... I suppose that 6AT really did make a difference!
Pjlk-
Profile for Pjlk-
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-10-2011 14:42
What would you say if the TSX got the same mph as the heavier (and larger-?) Ford Fusion hybrid gets? My daughter's hybrid Fusion gets at least 35mpg in ANY traffic. How about a serious engine technonoly upgrade from Acura? Nickel and diming the OLD engine technologies may be too slow of a process.
siegen
Profile for siegen
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-10-2011 16:19
ipribadi wrote:
Wait a minute the '11 TSX already has the '12 TL V6 engine?
So the TL makes 20/29mpg and the TSX 19/28mpg?
Golly ... I suppose that 6AT really did make a difference!

The FWD TL only weighs 20-40 lbs more than the V6 TSX, so it's not hard to imagine that the TL with a 6AT could deliver better mileage than the TSX with a 5AT.

I don't see any reason for Acura to hold out on the TSX any longer.

But then I'd be more excited with a 6MT V6 trim.

Pjlk- wrote:
What would you say if the TSX got the same mph as the heavier (and larger-?) Ford Fusion hybrid gets? My daughter's hybrid Fusion gets at least 35mpg in ANY traffic. How about a serious engine technonoly upgrade from Acura? Nickel and diming the OLD engine technologies may be too slow of a process.

And if an Accord hybrid existed, it too would probably get the same or better mileage as the TSX, while being larger and heavier. You're comparing apples to oranges.
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-11-2011 11:27
I would love to see a few more 6MT's in the lineup for both Honda and Acura but it just seems like they have totally abandoned that idea. The accord coupe with 6MT is not going to be a decent volume just because it is a coupe and the TL SH-AWD isn't going to be either because it is a 44k car.

I love my 6MT accord sedan with the J30 but see nothing in Honda's lineup that even comes close now.

The lack of Honda MT's in the lineup is dissapointing. No more Accord EXL with a manual, and no more Civics above the LX with a manual.

I wold love to see either a 6MT in the V6 accord sedan with the non vcmJ35 an 18" wheels or a 6MT in the accord EXL with a sport package treatment.

For Acura it would be nice to have a 6MT on the base TL with the up level wheels. Also I think a 6MT on the base TSX V6 would be nice.

At any rate it looks like I will have to switch to another brand to get what I want, or either wait and see if I can find a used TL SH-AWD with a 6MT.
Pjlk-
Profile for Pjlk-
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-11-2011 12:55
My point was that the hybrid route is where the mpg gets a noticeable improvement. This business of going "gugu" over 1-2 mpg is silly. Acura's 4cyl probably needs a fresh design start. Honda investing in tweaked 6cyl for the TSX is a pacifier. It needs a hybrid solution!
pjlk
ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2011 15:58
Hybrid? Well I think Acura is working on that, but for sure their hybrid would be more engaging that the FFH.

I'm applauding the TL being able to deliver 20/29mpg and sub 6sec 0-60 in a mid sized luxury sedan.
I don't think any other luxury car can do that yet.
ezshift5
Profile for ezshift5
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2011 11:57
ipribadi wrote:

....able to deliver 20/29mpg and sub 6sec 0-60

.......here is where 99SI and this sailor agree.....fuel economy and performance.........in this case the J30a4/6M.....

Looking ahead for possible replacement candidates: not really much out there on the radar...........
ez....
cantilo
Profile for cantilo
Re: Any info on '12 TSX V6 ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2011 17:21
Moving to another brand? Ouch! But I see your point.

I'm a fan of the 6spd transmission on the various Honda models.
IMO if Honda/Acura is planning on moving away from manual transmissions on their upcoming models, they should at least give us the option of a "sport" setting on the auto transmission - like on other high-end brands.

I have to say that the higher hp v6's in the lineup would benefit ALOT from a sporty auto transmission.
This is just my opinion...

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy