[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
More.......................
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
General Talk --> Re: Z06 at the Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2015 Euro CR-V Good News!
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Honda FCEV Concept
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2015 Mclaren Honda
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Picked up my GLM V6 Tech!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Tech vs Accord CVT Touring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Kurdish Mad Max war vehicles
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Update on the HR-V
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - teaser video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Sales are up
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Heading to a CR-V Preview tomorrow. What do you want to see?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: INDYCAR--Pagenaud defects! What is HPD's future?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Holiday Auto has some of their own 4-door coupe theories > > Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
"Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2009 08:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I asked CR-V9 to translate the article and this is what he sent me:

This is the rough tlanslation of the article.

Did you notice something about ZDX which was introduced at the NY Autoshow ? Yes, it looks like the one we showed you as the next NSX in the last year's August issue. Indeed the new NSX's prototype was supposed to be showed at Detroit Autoshow but the project had been frozen as you know.

According to an anonymouse source, Acura's first car woud carry over the NSX's design queue. If that were so it would make sense ZDX looks like that. After ZDX, Accord(TSX) and Acura TL were about to be retouched accordingly. Since it would be rather difficult to change them from bottom up. There must be the one to follow ZDX in similar design style.

What we have found is a big fish. We had a tip that Acura/Honda's first 4 door sport coupe is rapidly developed. The outside dimensions are, length would be a little longer than current Accord/TSX, be positioned between TSX & TL. Since it would share the same platform from ZDX, wheelbase would be 2750mm, 45mm longer than Accord. And the width would be wider and height would be lower, 20mm lower than Accord/TSX.

In another words, it would look low and wide. It would not be an ordinarily sedan. It seems that it is a bit too big , it is not that big, still a mid-sized in the main market of the North America.

This car is all about it's design, low height and wide body, emphasized on style and sporty but still be elegant and luxurious.

We have no doubt that it will have 3.7l V6 to match it's elegant style and be combined with Acura's techno family jewels, the SH-AWD and the Motion adaptive EPS. It should achieve a high cornering speed. In another words, It would be a car with Acura's all techno gizmos because of the fact that the Legend with V8 on FR, SH-AWD had been frozen.

If that so, this could be placed in Legend's place. Though current TL is bigger, the luxurious sporty 4 door sedan would be more image appropriate. It is very probable that this could be the next Acura/honda's flagship because it is about time to change the Legend.

We think they would show it at Detroit Autoshow next year and in end of 2010 they would start to sell in the North America, in 2011 in Japan.
NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2009 13:11
Solid read. Thanks CR-V9.

Engine choice sounds about right. Flagship is a little questionable, unless the term flagship doesn't mean price-only. If it's more like the ZDX, that is, built on its platform, then it seems it won't be so much a TL with 1.5 doors along the side, but rather an entirely new product (not a CL). Maybe this will be Acura's sports GT car.

This does sound pretty speculative still. I guess we'll have to wait for Detroit to see if this pans out. Not too far away, I guess.
Tallguy
Profile for Tallguy
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2009 13:32
I would think that this would make more sense as a Honda flagship than an Acura one.

From what I am reading, this car will be smaller, and not as powerful as the TL. Swoopy or not, that does not sound like 'flagship' to me.
Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2009 20:32
Either the MDX platform part is in error, or the dimensions listed in the article are mistaken. I find it hard to believe they got the overall width down that low using the truck's running gear.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2009 22:13
Varmint wrote:
Either the MDX platform part is in error, or the dimensions listed in the article are mistaken. I find it hard to believe they got the overall width down that low using the truck's running gear.

I agree it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense. There seems to be a lot of confusion between the various "sources".
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2009 12:58
The term 'platform' reminds people of the 'floorpan' which can be misleading.

The term 'architecture' is more widely-used in the industry; the electrical, etc, systems and some pressings may indeed be ZDX, but the metal bits could equally be borrowed from a TSX.

In many ways, look how the BMW X6, X5 and 5er saloon and 5er GT (pay particular attention to that!) are all very closely related. It seems Honda is doing exactly likewise, but on Accord/MDX architecture.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2009 14:01
I was contacted by another one of our readers (sugaki) who has seen the article and he offered up the following summary:

Acura is working on its first 4-door sports coupe, geared toward the North American market. Body size will be a bit longer than Acura TSX, in between the TSX and TL. Compared to ZDX, it'll seem smaller and lower. Height will be 20mm lower, so wide and low. Headroom possibly lower than the current Accord (TSX). Base platform likely same as ZDX; 2750mm wheel base (45mm longer than TSX), slightly wider width.

Stylistically, combines sports, luxury elegance.

"Almost certain" to have a 3.7L V6, matched to SH-AWD and Motion-Adaptive EPS.

Rumor has it that a next-gen Legend with a V8, FR and SH-AWD was planned, but put on hold in addition to the NSX. Hence this practically may be the successor to the Legend.

According to the magazine's speculation, at the quickest it'll be unveiled at the Detroit auto show, and sold in North America first towards the end of 2010, then in Japan in 2011. Magazine wondering if it'll be the Accord or Legend in Japan.

Interestingly, the article says that the current TSX and TL design will be reworked in addition to the ZDX.

Jeff wrote:
I asked CR-V9 to translate the article and this is what he sent me:

This is the rough translation of the article.

Did you notice something about ZDX which was introduced at the NY Autoshow ? Yes, it looks like the one we showed you as the next NSX in the last year's August issue. Indeed the new NSX's prototype was supposed to be showed at Detroit Autoshow but the project had been frozen as you know.

According to an anonymous source, Acura's first car would carry over the NSX's design queue. If that were so it would make sense ZDX looks like that. After ZDX, Accord(TSX) and Acura TL were about to be retouched accordingly. Since it would be rather difficult to change them from bottom up. There must be the one to follow ZDX in similar design style.

What we have found is a big fish. We had a tip that Acura/Honda's first 4 door sport coupe is rapidly developed. The outside dimensions are, length would be a little longer than current Accord/TSX, be positioned between TSX & TL. Since it would share the same platform from ZDX, wheelbase would be 2750mm, 45mm longer than Accord. And the width would be wider and height would be lower, 20mm lower than Accord/TSX.

In another words, it would look low and wide. It would not be an ordinarily sedan. It seems that it is a bit too big , it is not that big, still a mid-sized in the main market of the North America.

This car is all about it's design, low height and wide body, emphasized on style and sporty but still be elegant and luxurious.

We have no doubt that it will have 3.7l V6 to match it's elegant style and be combined with Acura's techno family jewels, the SH-AWD and the Motion adaptive EPS. It should achieve a high cornering speed. In another words, It would be a car with Acura's all techno gizmos because of the fact that the Legend with V8 on FR, SH-AWD had been frozen.

If that so, this could be placed in Legend's place. Though current TL is bigger, the luxurious sporty 4 door sedan would be more image appropriate. It is very probable that this could be the next Acura/honda's flagship because it is about time to change the Legend.

We think they would show it at Detroit Autoshow next year and in end of 2010 they would start to sell in the North America, in 2011 in Japan.

Last edited by JeffX on 05-22-2009 14:38
St3ve
Profile for St3ve
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2009 16:48
Wow, this is getting interesting. I hope this car replaces the RL, call it ?SX. Then, bring the CSX to the US at its FMC (2011?) and make it a 1series/A3 competitor.
NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2009 17:23
I'd imagine it'd either be called a CL or a GSX.
klae17
Profile for klae17
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2009 12:51
I like the name LSX. Don't know why exactly
NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2009 15:19
G37, Genesis, GSX was my logic, assuming they don't go with CL.
klae17
Profile for klae17
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2009 03:44
The reason why I like LSX is because it sounds like the Lexus LS, which is a good thing as that car is the flagship (for a while longer). GSX sounds like the Lexus GS, only sporty. Acura is running out of letters....
boston
Profile for boston
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 04:05
St3ve wrote:
Wow, this is getting interesting. I hope this car replaces the RL, call it ?SX. Then, bring the CSX to the US at its FMC (2011?) and make it a 1series/A3 competitor.

They wont call it CSX. A railroad has that name.

I'm wondering whether there is a connection between this vehicle (badged as an Acura in North America) and the Crosstour.
$mooth
Profile for $mooth
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 09:15
I think he meant this CSX, aka Acura's Civic in Canada (previously the EL):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_CSX
Harvey Jr
Profile for Harvey Jr
Re: "Rough Translation" thanks to CR-V9 [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 14:04
klae17 wrote:
The reason why I like LSX is because it sounds like the Lexus LS, which is a good thing as that car is the flagship (for a while longer). GSX sounds like the Lexus GS, only sporty. Acura is running out of letters....

That seems unlikely to me.

Back in the 90's when Lincoln (no compairsons, don't worry!) introduced the LS, they had orignially planned to call it LS6 and LS8 for V6 and V8 versions respectively. Lexus took them to court and argued that it sounded too close to LS430 (at the time), and Lexus won.

St3ve
Profile for St3ve
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 16:25
NickDC5 wrote:

I think GSX would be a good name for this car.
Rev188
Profile for Rev188
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 18:05
St3ve wrote:
NickDC5 wrote:

I think GSX would be a good name for this car.

Not too sure about that.... I keep thinking if they use GSX or LSX (as suggested in other threads) it'd seem that now Acura is "officially" looking up to Lexus; which I don't want. However aspired they might be by the Lexus success. Acura should stay the course and find its own path of success.

On a separate note, I hope they revive the NSX & the mid-level coupe program (XDS??) soon... It's getting dull looking at the Acura line-up.

NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 19:16
They could call it XSX and make it impossible to pronounce correctly.
St3ve
Profile for St3ve
Re: Here is another summary, thanks to Sugaki! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2009 19:51
hahaha. perfect.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0