[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda Celebrates Four Decades of Accord – America’s Best-Selling Car Over the Past 40 years
More.......................
2017 Acura NSX Supercar Claims Class Victory in North American Racing Debut at Pikes Peak
More.......................
BREAKING: Hondata releases reflash for L15B7 (10th Gen Civic 1.5 Turbo), and we tested it
More.......................
Refreshed 2017 Acura MDX Launches Tomorrow (June 22, 2016)
More.......................
All-New 2017 Honda Ridgeline Launches Nationwide
More.......................
Acura NSX-Inspired EV Concept Ready to 'Charge Up' Pikes Peak
More.......................
Neal's Fantasy Factory Tantalizes with the Acura TLX "2020 Vision" Concept
More.......................
2017 Acura NSX Supercar to Make its North American Racing Debut at 2016 Pikes Peak
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: Vehicle Dependability and IQS
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Any new news/info on the next generation Acura's?
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Reasons
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Whew! Thanks again
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Damaged Headers
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 06 Si and Takata
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> integrated intake manifold
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: With cheap gas, why hybrids?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Honda Accord 40th Birthday Documentary - Video
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Panamera is the fastest 4 door at the 'Ring
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 10th Gen. civic going AWD
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: TonyEX- I need your stereo advice
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2016 Austrian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Shallow bed is a show stopper.
Join Discussion......
TOV Video: 2017 Honda Ridgeline ride along
Read Article....................
2017 Honda Ridgeline PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2017 Acura NSX(!)
Read Article....................
2017 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV Video: Guy Melville-Brown talks about the 2016 Civic Coupe design
Read Article....................
TOV Video: John Hwang introduces the 2016 Civic Coupe
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Odyssey > > Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
texas roper
Profile for texas roper
06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2008 23:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
While driving out to Colorado, after an uphill downshift, the service engine light came on. The helpful folks at AutoZone lent me a code reader to see what was up. The code was P1078 - IMRC valve stuck long. I'll be taking it in to the dealership this week, but I'm curious what it might be about. I notice that the VCM (ECO light) no longer activates. The light has been on for a week and 1000+ miles.

Thanks, Joel
'06 EX-L/NAVI/RES
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2008 09:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
texas roper wrote:
While driving out to Colorado, after an uphill downshift, the service engine light came on. The helpful folks at AutoZone lent me a code reader to see what was up. The code was P1078 - IMRC valve stuck long. I'll be taking it in to the dealership this week, but I'm curious what it might be about. I notice that the VCM (ECO light) no longer activates. The light has been on for a week and 1000+ miles.

Thanks, Joel
'06 EX-L/NAVI/RES



IMRC=Intake Manifold Runner Control. Here's the description from the press kit:

Dual-Stage Induction System (i-VTEC Engine)

Designed specifically for the Odyssey's i-VTEC engine, the induction system works in concert with the valvetrain to significantly boost torque across the engine's full operating range. Internal passages and two butterfly valves commanded by the powertrain control module are configured to provide two distinct modes of operation. The valves are closed at lower rpms. In this mode, the three cylinders on each bank draw air from only the nearer half of the manifold's internal chamber, or plenum. The volume of the plenum and the length of inlet passages are both tuned to maximize the resonance effect, wherein pressure waves are amplified within each half of the intake manifold at certain rpm ranges.
The amplified pressure waves significantly increase cylinder filling and the torque produced by the engine throughout the lower part of its rpm band.


it sounds like the butterfly valves got stuck in one position. Perhaps the actuator servos failed or something jammed the mechanism, or perhaps it's simply a loose connection. In any case, it's probably not a huge deal and should be covered by your warranty.
texas roper
Profile for texas roper
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2008 11:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thanks for the info. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer, and they found the problem in short order. Seems that when they replaced the power steering pump a few weeks ago, they neglected to completely re-seat the IMRC connector, and it worked its way loose.

I'm glad that's all it was. I was starting to get frustrated at how often I've been having to take this Honda back in for repairs....(front wheel bearings, power steering pump, CD changer (2x), 3rd row seat covers, front brakes)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2008 13:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
texas roper wrote:
Thanks for the info. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer, and they found the problem in short order. Seems that when they replaced the power steering pump a few weeks ago, they neglected to completely re-seat the IMRC connector, and it worked its way loose.

I'm glad that's all it was. I was starting to get frustrated at how often I've been having to take this Honda back in for repairs....(front wheel bearings, power steering pump, CD changer (2x), 3rd row seat covers, front brakes)



ugh, that seems excessive. Knock on wood, so far we have almost 30000 miles on our '06 EX-L and haven't had a single unscheduled visit. All we've had to worry about have been the oil changes and regular maintenance. I'm glad this one was something simple (as I suspected).
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2008 15:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hmmm, we had our power steering pump also replaced at 18K miles too!

It started to make some noise at around 15K miles and later on I realized at all full steering lock (when parking ) I had no assist.

As much as I enjoyed the manly workout, I though it best to get it fixed.

texas roper wrote:
Thanks for the info. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer, and they found the problem in short order. Seems that when they replaced the power steering pump a few weeks ago, they neglected to completely re-seat the IMRC connector, and it worked its way loose.

I'm glad that's all it was. I was starting to get frustrated at how often I've been having to take this Honda back in for repairs....(front wheel bearings, power steering pump, CD changer (2x), 3rd row seat covers, front brakes)



Heckler
Profile for Heckler
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2008 00:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hey TonyE, (or anyone with this same issue)

Recently my 05 Ody has been making a weird noise when I turn the wheel and once while making a U turn it emitted a loud noise that sounded like when the power steering fluid reservoir is empty (which it wasn't). I return home and the noise stopped but I've noticed that the steering at low speeds is not effortless like it used to be. Can you describe the noise? I have a schedule maintanance visit and would like to suggest the pump as they check for issues. Thanks!

TonyE wrote:
Hmmm, we had our power steering pump also replaced at 18K miles too!

It started to make some noise at around 15K miles and later on I realized at all full steering lock (when parking ) I had no assist.

As much as I enjoyed the manly workout, I though it best to get it fixed.

texas roper wrote:
Thanks for the info. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer, and they found the problem in short order. Seems that when they replaced the power steering pump a few weeks ago, they neglected to completely re-seat the IMRC connector, and it worked its way loose.

I'm glad that's all it was. I was starting to get frustrated at how often I've been having to take this Honda back in for repairs....(front wheel bearings, power steering pump, CD changer (2x), 3rd row seat covers, front brakes)





TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 06 Odyssey IMRC P1078 Code    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2008 14:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It was like a "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound.

The steering boost got non existent near the limits of steering.


Heckler wrote:
Hey TonyE, (or anyone with this same issue)

Recently my 05 Ody has been making a weird noise when I turn the wheel and once while making a U turn it emitted a loud noise that sounded like when the power steering fluid reservoir is empty (which it wasn't). I return home and the noise stopped but I've noticed that the steering at low speeds is not effortless like it used to be. Can you describe the noise? I have a schedule maintanance visit and would like to suggest the pump as they check for issues. Thanks!

TonyE wrote:
Hmmm, we had our power steering pump also replaced at 18K miles too!

It started to make some noise at around 15K miles and later on I realized at all full steering lock (when parking ) I had no assist.

As much as I enjoyed the manly workout, I though it best to get it fixed.

texas roper wrote:
Thanks for the info. I dropped it off this morning at the dealer, and they found the problem in short order. Seems that when they replaced the power steering pump a few weeks ago, they neglected to completely re-seat the IMRC connector, and it worked its way loose.

I'm glad that's all it was. I was starting to get frustrated at how often I've been having to take this Honda back in for repairs....(front wheel bearings, power steering pump, CD changer (2x), 3rd row seat covers, front brakes)







 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0