Hey CY...I have a very similar question. I currently own a 2005 CRV Sport and the road noise is driving me crazy. Looking to upgrade the tires to try and reduce the roar of the road. I have answered your questions below so you can advise me:
1) What geographical area are you in? I live in Australia where open road driving is common. Roads tend to be course concrete w/ mostly dry conditions. When it rains though it can be pretty serious.
2) How aggressively you drive? Not aggresive at all...mostly a family car used around town and open freeway driving.
3) Typical highway cruising speed? 70-85 MPH
4) Average amount of miles driven per year? Less then 12K
5) Since there is a trade-off between grip and treadwear, how many miles do you expect out of your tires? Assuming around 30-50K
6) If you had to choose, what would you rather have - sharp steering response or better ride comfort? Better ride comfort for sure.
7) If you had to choose, what would you rather have - sharp steering response or less impact noise over bumps, tar strips etc? Noise is the number 1 issue.
8) Do you know your current tires are? What have you like or disliked about them? I have the stock tires that came w/ the Honda.....not happy w/ them at all.
9) How important of a factor is tread noise at highway speeds? Is a little more tread noise something that will drive you crazy or not really an issue to you? Noise is number 1 issue.
10) Is your car modified? If so how? I plan to sound deaden the vehicle, particularly around the wheel wells and the floorboards to try and reduce the road noise.