[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
RDX --> Re: Ancient Nav System
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Airbag recall disaster lessons!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Honda NSX Testing again on the Nürburgring
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Black Copper Pearl
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I was told the TLX transmission logic "learns" (new 0-60 times)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: This dude raced his '14 CR-V on a track.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What Was The First Honda You owned?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura and GaplinAutoSport Sema 2014
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Launch Package
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 6-Speed Auto in 2013/14 V6
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Euro - Axed
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!(my driving the other three Hybrid Hypercars)
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Honda Urban SUV - maybe called VEZEL (?)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 17:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8d7o0dFIU8#t=112

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 18:14
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-13-2013 15:58
I know there was a more active thread somewhere just can't recall where I saw it. Anyhow, I am really excited by this car and hope we see it in LA, do you think we could see a 2015 release this Jan at the Detroit auto show?

B.
bluefz22
Profile for bluefz22
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2013 00:48
It's supposed to be available in the U.S. in late 2014.
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-16-2013 21:40
What I am hoping for is a spring release not a fall release. In fact I hope we see production vehicle in Detriot.
Jeffro
Profile for Jeffro
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2013 22:28
To me, this does not look like a Honda product. The rear differential and suspension is not Honda-like, and the auto parts store exhaust clamp seems out of place.... Maybe a new Hyundai?
LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-19-2013 14:45
Jeffro wrote:
To me, this does not look like a Honda product. The rear differential and suspension is not Honda-like, and the auto parts store exhaust clamp seems out of place.... Maybe a new Hyundai?

I respectfully disagree - pause the video at 1:12 and then compare the front end to this concept image from the front. http://media.caranddriver.com/images/13q1/496447/honda-urban-suv-concept-photo-497349-s-1280x782.jpg

I also think I see an air passage at the top of the grill where it meets the hood - perhaps design for a top-mount intercooler for the turbo diesel and perhaps a turbo gas 1.5-2.0 engine that MAY or may not end up existing??
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-19-2013 15:02
Whatever it is the BMW camera car was having to dig deep to keep up. Not sure this is any normally aspirated Honda.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-19-2013 16:22
99SI wrote:
Whatever it is the BMW camera car was having to dig deep to keep up. Not sure this is any normally aspirated Honda.

I was going to say the same thing, then again, that BMW wasn't really digging too deep.

Jeffro
Profile for Jeffro
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-20-2013 20:34
LudeLeroy,

Ahh. I had not seen that photo before. I think you are correct. Also, the 'Ridges' on the roof seem to have made it to the prototype as well. I wonder what type of rear differential and 'stiffeners' are apparent in the chassis? Hope they have another winner on their hands.

jeffro
bluefz22
Profile for bluefz22
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-21-2013 12:46
Don't get your hopes too high for big power,guys. They plan to build it alongside the FIT in Mexico. That,probably,means it gets the 1.5. The 1.8 is the best we can hope for. But hope springs eternal.
hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-21-2013 13:27
Who knows, maybe it gets a 1.5 turbo. We'll see.
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-22-2013 13:04
The idea of a turbo offered is great as long as done right, but will we really see a turbo 4 from honda in this car, seems doubtful, hope I am wrong.

B.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-22-2013 13:27
Rolled sez Turbo's are on the horizon.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-22-2013 17:06
Doesn't the exhaust look a bit small for a turbo?
I think its a hybrid on the video.

Anyway what ever small four engines Honda has planned they will have had engineering make it fit- haha- its what the regional marketing honks order that will ... Again.
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 08:54
From everything I have read they are saying this will be release in Japan the end of this year, and here next year. Seeing that it is already Mid-October when do cars in Japan typically get released?

B.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 19:00
Brutus wrote:
From everything I have read they are saying this will be release in Japan the end of this year, and here next year. Seeing that it is already Mid-October when do cars in Japan typically get released?

B.

Tokyo Motor Show end of November?
KS34
Profile for KS34
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 07:25

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 07:47
KS34 wrote:

Looks like they kept it very close to concept which is great!

I'm really hoping its offered in NA (40% of Honda market?) with a competitively powered engine .... oh and then an HPD edition in model year two. ;o)
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 08:26
The only way Honda can really screw this up is if they stick underpowered engines in it so they don't step on the toes of an Acura version.

It looks good. Now bring the power.
luder715
Profile for luder715
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 09:19
They will screw it up trust me. Probably will have an R18 in it or something like that since they are making a whopping 143hp from it with the tuned exhaust.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 09:37
luder715 wrote:
They will screw it up trust me. Probably will have an R18 in it or something like that since they are making a whopping 143hp from it with the tuned exhaust.

Sadly, I think you may be right.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 09:51
Depending how they price it, these will fly off the lots. Wander if this is mean as a Kia Soul competitor.
BG
Profile for BG
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 10:07
Kia soul, Qash-qai, Kuga, urbancruiser, Tiguan, etc. etc. etc.
DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 10:47
Hey LudeLeRoy, next time try clicking on 'replyto message' and not 'quote'....;-/
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 11:02
Torque wrote:
luder715 wrote:

Sadly, I think you may be right.

I put my money on R20, the engine of choice for entry level CR-V in Asia. 155PS/152HP won't rattle anyone but it's something, and that's with 10,6:1 compression ratio... Bump it up a notch and the engine might just eke out 160HP.
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 11:24
In Japan they keep saying it will have the same powertrain as the 2014 Fit but will have 4WD.

We will know in 14 days.
A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 12:34
I would have thought for sure it will have an R18 ED engine with a CVT. Putting the 1.5 in it is suicide in this market - and it would have to work so hard its real world economy would be crap. A 6 speed manual would be nice, and with the ED's extra torque would drive very nicely. If a turbo'd 1.6 is further down the road who knows. But it needs at least an R18 ED at kick off. This will sell really well - and for once the claimed production picture actually looks better than the OTT concept.
integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Honda Urban SUV spied on the Autobahn!    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 12:47
RolledaNsx wrote:
In Japan they keep saying it will have the same powertrain as the 2014 Fit but will have 4WD.

We will know in 14 days.

That might be fine for SE Asia, but the 1.5L(?) Fit engine would be a misstep for this here in the US.
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: Honda Urban SUV - maybe called VEZEL (?)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-06-2013 13:23

Rumour says that the Urban SUV will/may be called Honda Vezel. Not sure but we're all here to speculate! :)

Source (from the Japanese site): http://ameblo.jp/ryuji1975/entry-11607303367.html

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0