[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Truck more or less
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Rendering: Fit Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Silly little European engines
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: More Tidbits on the 2015 Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Why no 3 Stage VTEC?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: NASA Honda Challenge Championships Video Highlights
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 Dyno
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CARFAX vs Others
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT 2015 Mustang review
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Touch Screen Climate Control
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Silverstone MotoGP

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 19:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Can't believe no one has yet mentioned this race.

It will go down as one of the great races -and once again proves Marquez is the real deal.

You have to feel sorry for Pedrosa, as he just does not have that last little bit to be a World Champion in MotoGP. Be it physical or mental, most likely a bit of both, but I can't see him ever getting to the top step, unless he lucks into it [as Hayden did]. Not that I have any problem with such an occurrence, you win 'em as best you can!

Finally, what are the odds of Rossi continuing next year? Can't see him being content with just making up the numbers for very long. Even the very best get old :(
a10thunder
Profile for a10thunder
Re: Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 23:17
That last lap was just epic. I totally agree about Pedrosa. Dani is a great racer, but not championship-quality.

I was pretty distraught when Stoner announced his retirement. I felt he was the only one that could really challenge Lorenzo for the championship. Marquez has really delivered. The kid is very special.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 00:12
I really miss Casey as well, but as you say, Marquez has really delivered, in spades. No Aussie in site, so I'll just have to barrack for a couple of Spaniards [Lorenzo and Marquez - not Pedrosa because of his manager].
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 01:16
Sorry, I missed my duties of posting the spoiler like the last few GPs. :) Was just too exhausted from my own track day excursion. What a race indeed, if not for the shoulder, would MM won this race? Definitely a who knows, but he gave it his all and thankfully there are 2 weeks in between Silverstone and Misano.

He (MM) didn't really lose anything as his lead in the Championship still increased even with not winning. 6 races to go and a 30pt lead over Dani with Lorenzo a further 9 back. I'm really thinking about picking up tickets for Motegi as MM might just possibly clinch at this race.

Still though, 6 races is 33%, so still a long way to go, but each race it is looking better and better for this young 20yo.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 12:13
IntegraDC5R wrote:
Sorry, I missed my duties of posting the spoiler like the last few GPs. :) Was just too exhausted from my own track day excursion.

Apology accepted, but only because you were on the track yourself! :D
rnd
Profile for rnd
Re: Silverstone MotoGP    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2013 06:03
We all guessed that Marquez would become top dog, it just happened a lot sooner than expected. and now that he has that confidence of being the guy to beat. The crazy part is that he will continue to learn and improve.

Lorenzo is very good too, you can see he is adjusting his style to match Marc. The Yamaha is not as bad as some of you say, Honda's don't have as much of advantage down the straight, because the Yamaha keeps the corner speed and does not need to rely on acceleration so much, we all know this, but it is even more apparent now, I think the credit must go to Lorenzo, though, I would like to see him on a Honda to see how he would do in the corners.

You can see a similar strength vs weakness between the Honda and Yamaha when Rossi and Bautista have been duking it out, but it isn't as obvious as with Lorenzo

We have to give Pedrosa props for, after such a bad start catching these two guys up like he did a string of mid 2:01, if only he could get around them... but let's just say, he isn't the greatest at passing. I think his pit board with a T on it was the signal for him to lean off the mixture or something of the sort. tires or fuel or strength faltered, but credit goes to Jorge and Marc they are fighters.

Every race I keep thinking Lorenzo's gonna get the penalty for jumping the start,, but it's not the case. He is just timing it perfectly.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0