[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda Formula Lites
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new AT(8-10 gears)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Cadillac's boss is cocky but truthful.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumor!!! Ito out in March of next year
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D first drive: Toyota Mirai (hydrogen FCEV)
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic Rumors
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CRZ Gen.2 looks like a go!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: WTF Fifty shades of Grey
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - McLaren-Honda Abu Dhabi test report
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wrecked my (moms) TSX tonight...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda starts first Wind Farm by an automaker in Brazil
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Dont test drive a 2015 CRV!!!
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: ILX AWD coming sooner than you think...
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fit (and Jazz) > > Re: 2014 Honda Fit - Japan page online

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author
  Post New Thread
K22A
Profile for K22A
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2013 23:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Redid sketch I posted earlier. Personally I don't mind how it looks - if it performs as well as they say and its real world economy is close to what's claimed it should be a winner!
Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2013 02:26
I still don't like what I see from the new Fit at all and think that aesthetically, it's a step backwards.

Though who am I to complain when there's 130 horsepower and the promise of great fuel economy from this new Fit? I don't even need a Fit Si if I can get 130 hp and a manual.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2013 02:36
K22A wrote:
Redid sketch I posted earlier. Personally I don't mind how it looks - if it performs as well as they say and its real world economy is close to what's claimed it should be a winner![...]
Just to be sure everyone understand this, the quoted JP08 driving cycle figure is not realistic, at all ! Nor in Japan nor anywhere else.

What one should expect from the hybrid version is real world mileage on pair or a bit better than the Prius C, whatever that means the way you drive where you drive.
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2013 23:16
If you're curious enough to see more 'in-the-flesh', here's the video of the new Fit running (don't be fooled by the Insight on thumbnail, just start at 0:40 time where you can see the Fit)

hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2013 23:50
Thank you for sharing this excellent video, CVCC1974! This is a very critical vehicle for Honda and I like it a lot and think it's going to have great success everywhere in the world it's sold.
Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2013 02:50
Thanks CVCC1974, appreciate it.

The video hasn't changed my mind. Truth be told, the exterior doesn't look bad but to me it is a one-step back from the previous-gen.
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-31-2013 17:53
Mugen quickly came up with their souped-up packages of the new Fit.
Looks okay with lowered suspensions & (I think) 17" wheels, although most likely photoshopped at this stage.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-30-2013 23:42
And Honda is calling the new Fit the Fit3.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-30-2013 23:46
RolledaNsx wrote:

The Feeto Treeto?

The upscale models will be the Feeto Treeto Frito and Feeto Treeto Bandito.
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 00:13
And Tony the new marketing is going to be in spaghetti western style with a few second delay in sound for you latinos don't get lost in translation. LOL :)~
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 00:31
Prices at today exchange rate.

1.3L CVT or 5MT $14,871.57 USD

1.5L L and S models $16093.88-$17,112.48 USD CVT or 5MT

RS DCT or 6MT $18,334.80 USD

1.5L Hybrid base $16,603.23
top model $19,658.98 USD
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 00:46
but I think in Japan thats tax included?

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 11:47
That's dirt cheap. I hope prices are similar in the US.
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 14:09
TonyEX wrote:
RolledaNsx wrote:

The Feeto Treeto?

The upscale models will be the Feeto Treeto Frito and Feeto Treeto Bandito.

Ai, Yi, Yi, Yi, I am the Frito Bandito!

I was thinking the same thing.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2014 JDM Honda Fit goes on sale Thursday.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 15:27
RolledaNsx wrote:
And Tony the new marketing is going to be in spaghetti western style with a few second delay in sound for you latinos don't get lost in translation. LOL :)~

They should so do that!

Screenplay by Joshua Tree, etc...
Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2013 16:21
CVCC1974 wrote:
If you're curious enough to see more 'in-the-flesh', here's the video of the new Fit running (don't be fooled by the Insight on thumbnail, just start at 0:40 time where you can see the Fit)

It seems that the video has been taken down for 'multiple copy-write violations" LOL. I've seen a few others and must say that my opinion of the styling has changed from "too much 2G Odyssey" to something more enthusiastic. Can't wait to learn more about the US specs and pricing. Maybe we'll learn enough by January to know if it's worth extending our lease to wait for the car to arrive in the summer?
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-01-2013 20:16
Here are some high-res interior photos:

CrystalFiveMT
Profile for CrystalFiveMT
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-01-2013 23:07
Very nice, clear, brilliant gauges. Upscale-looking. Still, I think both interior and exterior of this Fit is 2 steps backward from the current gen.
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 03:29
CrystalFiveMT wrote:
Very nice, clear, brilliant gauges. Upscale-looking. Still, I think both interior and exterior of this Fit is 2 steps backward from the current gen.

Same argument goes to Miley Cyrus new persona, some say it's brilliant, some say it's trashy as hell. Subjective looks is hard to measure, but what is right to measure... Purported 130ps engine and larger interior space, can't argue with that.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 05:09
Midi_Amp wrote:
CrystalFiveMT wrote:

Same argument goes to Miley Cyrus new persona, some say it's brilliant, some say it's trashy as hell. Subjective looks is hard to measure, but what is right to measure... Purported 130ps engine and larger interior space, can't argue with that.

It's hard to judge plastic texture from the photos, but I'd argue the converse; interior looks fine, it's the over-styled dash panel (a la CR-Z) which is like a migraine headache.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 09:51
Cannot stand the fake stitching on the dash - it's the epitome of ridiculousness! We have a world of materials to appropriate a look from and we have to pretend with fake dead cow skin fake stitched together. I'd rather go covered with cloth, ala Chevy Cruze, to bring some real warmth to the cabin...at least try something different (no rice paper pattern though, that was clearly a mistake). The Accords wood/carbon fiber like amalgamation was a nice try...do something like that...but better :-)

BTW: Anyone see the analog rotary knobs on the dash in the third picture?
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 13:28
TurkMan71 wrote:

BTW: Anyone see the analog rotary knobs on the dash in the third picture?

Probably the base model climate controls.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 13:36
(click for larger image)

comparison to SUV

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 18:41
SUV seems cleaner, more trad. Honda.

Gets my vote.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: 2014 Pre-Production Honda Jazz tested    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 03:57
The SUV looks Acura inside too.
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2014 Honda Fit3 release event today    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2013 18:40
9:15pm to 11:15pm eastern time today on the Honda Channel at Honda Facebook or jp.honda.co
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: 2014 Honda Fit - Japan page online    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-04-2013 23:53

The web page of the new 2014 JDM Honda Fit is now online. Tons of pics & info.
http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: 2014 Honda Fit - Japan page online    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2013 00:47
CVCC1974 wrote:

The web page of the new 2014 JDM Honda Fit is now online. Tons of pics & info.
http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/

Fit RS 132PS! HOLY SHIT! My old Stream was 128PS... Also, the weight! O M G... 1080 Kg/2381 lbs-ish... Instant... Wait... Still too big for my taste, but my oh my, this car would be very fun to drive for an econobox.

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/performance/spec/
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2014 Honda Fit - Japan page online    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2013 01:50
Midi_Amp wrote:

Fit RS 132PS! HOLY SHIT! My old Stream was 128PS... Also, the weight! O M G... 1080 Kg/2381 lbs-ish... Instant... Wait... Still too big for my taste, but my oh my, this car would be very fun to drive for an econobox.

Higher engine power, lower weight, lower center of gravity too... always thought the old one need that.. all addressed!
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: 2014 Honda Fit - Japan page online    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2013 03:12
FiSH-Chan wrote:
Midi_Amp wrote:

Higher engine power, lower weight, lower center of gravity too... always thought the old one need that.. all addressed!

Lower weight? My RS came at 1050kg, so it actually gained 30kg. Though it goes from 8.75kg/ps to 8.18kg/ps. So that is definitely welcomed and being a DOHC, they (aftermarket) might be able to get more out of this engine than what the L15A in the current, well now just about old model could.

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0