[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
More.......................
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Latest Best Car suggests up to 360hp for new Civic Type R, more info
Acura TLX GT Race Car To Debut At Detroit Grand Prix
2015 Acura TLX to Debut at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Your Hondamobilia Collection
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Any information on the 2015 CR-V?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: TLX details
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2016 Acura TLX Type-S and Coupe
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Notes on LBGP
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura news: 2015 TLX Specs & Model Structure, 2016 RDX, 2016 ILX, AWD Avalible on all models by 201
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Kia Sedona
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mr. Honda Speaks
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Has anyone seen any 2015 Fits at US dealerships yet?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Nissan is taking Honda to War!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda leave US,EU and most of the world?
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-01-2013 11:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It seems all automakers are gearing up for something like "10% gains" in everything for the 2016 year. More sales, more mpg, more models to choose from. I'm reading about new Toyota hybrids, new BMW's, new Honda factories to deliver new cheaper-to-make Hondas. The only company that seems to be releasing models early, that will continue into 2016, is Mazda. I'm not sure they'll have anything left to add when that model year arrives.

What do you think Honda's product will need to look like to compete in 2016? I don't think Earth Dreams everywhere will be enough.
hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-01-2013 11:54
#1 we should be getting an all new 10th-gen Civic in 2016 most likely for MY2017. Will be more choices like sedan, hatchback and coupe. Who knows they might drop the coupe and just have sedan and hatchback. All new platform and all new styling direction. Hopefully it will have the wow factor that the all new 8th-gen Civic had when it debuted in the fall of 2005.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-01-2013 18:47
Will the CR-Z, Ridgeline, and Insight last until 2016?
JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 08:31
I think the CR-Z and Insight have to carry on for the Honda product range mpg to be high.

That said, I'm going to be looking at safety ratings in 2016 more than mpg.
Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-02-2013 11:21
JimmyEats wrote:
The only company that seems to be releasing models early, that will continue into 2016, is Mazda. I'm not sure they'll have anything left to add when that model year arrives.

Interesting note about Mazda.... While most manufacturers are going with longer product cycles, Mazda says they're moving back towards 4 year product cycles. Because of that, there will be a constant flow of updates to all of their models through 2016 and beyond. According to these articles, the CX-5, 3, and 6 will all be receiving trim and feature updates soon. In 2016 and 2017 a new CX-9 and Miata. If Mazda does hold to a 4 year cycle, a new 6 and 3 will follow in 2018 and 2019.

It will keep the cars competitive but I wonder how cost effective that is?

Mazda 4 Year Product Cycle

Mazda Future Updates

bluefz22
Profile for bluefz22
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 10:22
Stop/Start technology. Later,Electronic A/C and Water pump.
bluefz22
Profile for bluefz22
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-03-2013 10:26
Stop/Start technology. Later,electronic A/C.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 14:06
JimmyEats wrote:
I think the CR-Z and Insight have to carry on for the Honda product range mpg to be high.

That said, I'm going to be looking at safety ratings in 2016 more than mpg.

Insight, if it continues, will be a bigger direct competitor to the Prius..........It should have Honda's new system in place by 2015......Again, if they keep it.....The CRZ is still going to be around according to my source. The Ridgeline, Honda still wants a truck......so the likelihood is good it will stay and be redesigned........
A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 14:54
yeah, Honda is (slowly) working on a new Ridgeline. Be a few years yet. Every Honda Hybrid so far has been an under performer to put it politely. And the Accord hybrid, priced the way it is, is not going to be much different (no matter how much better than the Camry it is). Honda arguing that it should be compared to a Lexus is ludicrous. IMHO. Just a few top spec ones just won't cut it. But time will tell. Again.
JIRZLEE
Profile for JIRZLEE
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 15:34
A77X wrote:
yeah, Honda is (slowly) working on a new Ridgeline. Be a few years yet. Every Honda Hybrid so far has been an under performer to put it politely. And the Accord hybrid, priced the way it is, is not going to be much different (no matter how much better than the Camry it is). Honda arguing that it should be compared to a Lexus is ludicrous. IMHO. Just a few top spec ones just won't cut it. But time will tell. Again.

There is no pricing on the Accord Hybrid so what do you mean by that? Unless you mean Plugin version.
A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: The 2016 spec sheet vs the competition    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2013 17:27
based on Japanese pricing. Of course it could be different in the US, but I am thinking it won't be.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy