[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
More.......................
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Latest Best Car suggests up to 360hp for new Civic Type R, more info
Acura TLX GT Race Car To Debut At Detroit Grand Prix
2015 Acura TLX to Debut at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
HondaMobilia --> Re: Your Hondamobilia Collection
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Any information on the 2015 CR-V?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: TLX details
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2016 Acura TLX Type-S and Coupe
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Notes on LBGP
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura news: 2015 TLX Specs & Model Structure, 2016 RDX, 2016 ILX, AWD Avalible on all models by 201
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Kia Sedona
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mr. Honda Speaks
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Has anyone seen any 2015 Fits at US dealerships yet?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Nissan is taking Honda to War!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda leave US,EU and most of the world?
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > CR-Z > > Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2013 09:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have no idea how valid this is but somebody sent me a link to this discussion on a German message board. I ran it through google translate and it appears that one person in the thread backs up the original guy who says that Honda internal communications indicate that Insight and CR-Z production have ended.

http://www.maxrev.de/crz-produktion-wird-eingestellt-t308679.htm
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2013 14:46
Well, with the Fit changing planks, possibly the disastrous sales mean there is not point in continuing them as 'standalone' products.

Hopefully, that means the New Beat might be on its way soon instead.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2013 19:49
In German sales charts the crz is already counted under 'others', like the US imports - a massive 6 cars in June!
In Australia I think they sold non this year.

It just goes on and on.

Honda probably have stock until the new fit hybrid is available in most countries, then crz and insight stock must be gone anyway or basically written off.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 19:33
Any wagers on how long it takes to sell the last CR-Z or Insight?
Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2013 19:09
Interesting. Our CR-Z (EX 6MT) lease is ending in January and we're contemplating what to get. Assuming my wife still prefers a manual, our choices would be Fit, CR-Z or Civic.

My wife is OK with another CR-Z and the small improvements to the EX seem nice. However, there are two problems. Seats: I have never been able to find a comfortable seating position. While I'm not the primary driver, they are uncomfortable enough for me that I can't sit in it for any length of time. This alone keeps me from buying out our current car. Payments: with no special leases and lower residuals around, it looks like this will cost much more than our current $278 (ish) payment.

For the Fit, I'm not keen on the idea of getting the absolute last of the old body style, even if we were able to find a MT in January.

2014 Civic EX. I'd be guessing what this car will have at this point, but surely it will continue with a manual, probably a 5 speed. Earth Dreams would be a nice addition if it was online for January.

Decisions...
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2013 13:08
Fan Koni wrote:

In Australia I think they sold non this year.

Yeah, what can you see if you are blind (or have your eyes closed)?

Look you'll see. You won't see if you keep your eyes closed.
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2013 13:27
The CRZ was Ito's idea of what the future of sports cars would be, at least at Honda and said it would be the "performance" car that would satisfy enthusiasts over a new Prelude, S2000, or HSV/NSX replacement. He was totally wrong and shortsighted. Why not at least have some kind of performance version of the CRZ with over 180hp if this was supposed to be Honda's sole sporty/performance car.
MasterOfDaDomain
Profile for MasterOfDaDomain
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2013 16:58
Honda should stick to its core vehicles, and produce hybrid variants of the core vehicles. Other than Prius, I don't think anyone else can pull off a hybrid only model, not even Lexus.

S600=Dream
Profile for S600=Dream
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2013 00:55
lexusgs wrote:
The CRZ was Ito's idea of what the future of sports cars would be, at least at Honda and said it would be the "performance" car that would satisfy enthusiasts over a new Prelude, S2000, or HSV/NSX replacement. He was totally wrong and shortsighted. Why not at least have some kind of performance version of the CRZ with over 180hp if this was supposed to be Honda's sole sporty/performance car.

The CR-Z was created on the previous CEO's watch...

Just FYI.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2013 13:13
S600=Dream wrote:
lexusgs wrote:

The CR-Z was created on the previous CEO's watch...

Just FYI.

Yes, but Ito kept it instead of killing it like he did with the other rwd models and said it was the future of Honda performance and would satisfy the market for a Prelude, S2000, etc. Ito also never gave it a proper high powered engine version either despite mediocre reviews mainly from lack of power and lack of interest/poor sales.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: According to a German message board, production of CR-Z and Insight has stopped    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2013 20:13
Ito's emphases are driving performance and fuel efficiency!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy