[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
More.......................
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
More.......................
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
More.......................
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
More.......................
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
More.......................
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
More.......................
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Bloomberg: ASIMO gives Honda edge in driverless cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda S3700 is racing...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some random NYIAS thoughts on auto interiors
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Converting to HID lights in 13 or 14' Accord...
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Acura NSX....How it's going to be sold in the US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Any rumors about Honda F1 engine progress?
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: My review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura Style Magazine - Out of touch?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - megane 275r 7:45 minutes
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 20:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
They had a chance this weekend at the Honda Indy 200 Race to give the public a good tease of the NSX to get them interested in it like Ferrari does with its new sports cars at the Fiorani Circuit before debut.

The only difference is Ferrari has a better marketing team!

They use a real production mule in camo with one of their F1 drivers to take it to the limit and after people see it and hear it they want it.Yes they are spy pictures but somebody had to let the cameraman on the private track(Ferrari did).

Porsche took a step farther by letting the press to drive a camo pre-production mule for a drive and they fell in love with the sound and power of the 9300 rpm redline NA V8!

Now the Acura team....They drive a couple average speed laps in a fake NSX mule with non-production spec engine with a NASCAR spec body(kinda looks like the car but doesn't)!

Do they think the American public will be happy with it because it is loud and kinda looks like a American muscle car in that Nascar spec body look?

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 20:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
If marketing were their one and true problem...I have a feeling that Honda is 'kicking out the ladder'...



Sink or swim time for Honda and after treading water for so long, I think they might be too tired, not properly equipped to swim...
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 20:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
An NSX mule playing tag with an HFP Accord pace car? Hardly impressive...and the equally stickered Accord managed to look so much better.

The MB AMG, F1 medical estate doing a hot lap makes a better first impression.

I was more impressed by the parade of S2000s...
typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2013 13:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
They did the parade of S2000's again. Awesome!!!

There's typically an S2000 or two around the South Dayton/North Cincinnati area wearing the Mid-Ohio 200 logos that I'll see driving too and from work the week prior to the race. Didn't see one this year, but glad they're still doing the parade lap.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2013 13:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NealX wrote:
An NSX mule playing tag with an HFP Accord pace car? Hardly impressive...and the equally stickered Accord managed to look so much better.

The MB AMG, F1 medical estate doing a hot lap makes a better first impression.

I was more impressed by the parade of S2000s...



Given the Accord coupe is the only car in the lineup with better than adequate performance it's pretty much all they could use. A Civic Si would have been more appropriate but Honda neutered it with an old Accord engine so the Accord coupe it is.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2013 14:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CivicB18 wrote:
NealX wrote:
An NSX mule playing tag with an HFP Accord pace car? Hardly impressive...and the equally stickered Accord managed to look so much better.

The MB AMG, F1 medical estate doing a hot lap makes a better first impression.

I was more impressed by the parade of S2000s...



Given the Accord coupe is the only car in the lineup with better than adequate performance it's pretty much all they could use. A Civic Si would have been more appropriate but Honda neutered it with an old Accord engine so the Accord coupe it is.


Well, they could have used this.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Acura's Marketing team just doesn't get it!!!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2013 14:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BachelorFrog wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:
NealX wrote:
An NSX mule playing tag with an HFP Accord pace car? Hardly impressive...and the equally stickered Accord managed to look so much better.

The MB AMG, F1 medical estate doing a hot lap makes a better first impression.

I was more impressed by the parade of S2000s...



Given the Accord coupe is the only car in the lineup with better than adequate performance it's pretty much all they could use. A Civic Si would have been more appropriate but Honda neutered it with an old Accord engine so the Accord coupe it is.


Well, they could have used this.




I forgot about THAT TL.
 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy