[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Valid reason for an ILX Type-S 2.0t/SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger released.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda to modify 12,000 redesigned Fits sold in US
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 mileage. Thought I would share.
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Sport vs. Civic Hybrid.....thoughts...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Civic Hybrid vs. Accord Sport - thoughts...
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: N22B
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Pilot Spy Shots
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Videos > > Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 08:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It's in Japanese so you won't understand much, but I've never seen footage on this stuff with such a high-quality format, so you may still find it interesting to watch.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 09:08
Cool stuff. I'm always interested to see what goes on in the background and I like seeing the JDM places and faces where things happen. I half expect to see might robots in the corner. Love the clean rooms, big graphics, and white overalls, too.

Hybrid looks good in gray..
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 10:27
Tried using the translate automatic captions. They talked about:

"Daughter to configure it in one barrel of 8 $ 419 weekend before depreciation ratio"

"Is happening mindmanager when subjected to shock"

"Calculate the business to fit through even doll riding a typical car to the car itself"

"It is transmitted from generation to generation it was realized in the country that is draining the fruit"
Edward
Profile for Edward
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 12:59
The main researcher at the end of this video says, they have been trying to produce good products by introducing more energy efficient (low carbon foot print) development method. To achieve this, they are re-thinking of testing method itself, order, and numbers of various experiments. It is against their pride to produce something by emitting so much carbon dioxide during the development process even if the end product is deemed earth friendly.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 13:14
danielgr wrote:
It's in Japanese so you won't understand much, but I've never seen footage on this stuff with such a high-quality format, so you may still find it interesting to watch.

Cool video. I actually recognize and have met a bunch of the Honda engineers and PR guys in the clip. What's the deal with the dude in costume, though? Please explain.
Edward
Profile for Edward
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 14:13
JeffX wrote:
danielgr wrote:

Cool video. I actually recognize and have met a bunch of the Honda engineers and PR guys in the clip. What's the deal with the dude in costume, though? Please explain.

If I remember correctly, he is a famous musician (hard rock) and do other things (entertainer, commentator, perhaps author...and more). Multi-talented and smart guy. I suppose Honda wanted to use this person to attract viewers from various sectors?? Was this made by HONDA PR?

Last edited by JeffX on 06-25-2013 14:38
Edward
Profile for Edward
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 14:15
Sorry, my reply showed up wrong area....
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2013 14:42
Edward wrote:
JeffX wrote:
danielgr wrote:

If I remember correctly, he is a famous musician (hard rock) and do other things (entertainer, commentator, perhaps author...and more). Multi-talented and smart guy. I suppose Honda wanted to use this person to attract viewers from various sectors?? Was this made by HONDA PR?

thanks for the explanation.

I don't know if it was made directly by Honda PR, but then again I don't know how the arrangements really are in Japan. Sometimes it seems like the lines between advertising and PR departments can be more blurred over there than they are here.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2013 08:29
JeffX wrote:
Edward wrote:
JeffX wrote:
danielgr wrote:

thanks for the explanation.

I don't know if it was made directly by Honda PR, but then again I don't know how the arrangements really are in Japan. Sometimes it seems like the lines between advertising and PR departments can be more blurred over there than they are here.

Well, the video was posted in HondaJPPR YouTube channel.
That said, I'd say the way Japanese think of "PR" includes indeed advertising and marketing.

I'd say any promotional activity from a video like this one to a press release fits within the "Public Relations" scope.

As for the guy in the video (Demon Kakka), Edward pretty much summed it up. I'll add he is one of two popular figures doing this kind of stuff for Honda on a relatively long-term basis (not so long ago I posted his take on the Honda NBOX in TOV).
The other one is a comedian called Takada Junji, which features on anything from commercials like the one below to Honda Magazine issues (like the video that started this thread):

In the past they've had other people, but all of them tend to work for a while, rarely as a one-off thing.

As for him being smart, I have to wonder, guess he is. One thing I've ended up understanding in Japan is that the smart people do a good business by pretending to be stupid. Will never forget the first time I saw internationally acclaimed movie director/actor Takeshi Kitano starring as "Bito Takeshi" in one of the many mindless stupid programs on Japanese TV. Guess is part of the national psyche, if you want to become popular you have to show stupid.

At least both the Mt. Takada and Mr. Demon seem to have a brain behind the comedian (Mr. Kitano sure has), unlike the couple Honda choose to present the Accord Hybrid. I watched them during the presentation in Ebisu and I almost puked. Later my wife made me turn it off halfway to prevent her crying from shame of being Japanese. Guess though, it sells, but believe me, you guys are lucky to be able to watch without understanding what they are saying.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2013 21:19
From IMDb:

Takeshi Kitano originally studied to become an engineer, but was thrown out of school for rebellious behavior. He learned comedy, singing and dancing from famed comedian Senzaburô Fukami. Working as a lift boy on a nightclub with such features as comic sketches and striptease dancing, Kitano saw his chance when a comedian suddenly fell ill, and he went on stage in the man's place. With a friend he formed the comic duo "The Two Beat" (his artist's name, "Beat Takeshi", comes from this period), which became very popular on Japanese television. [...]
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2013 00:14
danielgr wrote:

Did you notice the airbag in the insight deployed in 2 stages, first the initial hit, then 3 seconds later another deploy.......That is some advanced shit right there....for a non luxo car.....
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2013 02:05
I thought the guy in make up might have been a rocker!

Wikipedia
"Demon Kakka (デーモン閣下 Dēmon Kakka?, born November 10, 1962), previously known as Demon Kogure (デーモン小暮閣下 Dēmon Kogure Kakka?), is a Japanese musician, entertainer, journalist and sumo commentator. He is the frontman of the heavy metal band Seikima-II, and is known for always working entirely in character."

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 10:49
Japan loves KISS.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 16:24
....does this explain some of the new fits design?
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2013 17:31
Fan Koni wrote:

Well, the new Fit's styling really is a bunch of Kakka!

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Video : Brief insight into Honda's Tochigi R&D facility    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2013 08:14
superchg2 wrote:
Fan Koni wrote:

Well, the new Fit's styling really is a bunch of Kakka!

There you go. Its all coming together now. Genius.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy