[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driving 2015 SH-AWD TLX this week
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Most recent pictures of my CNG Civic
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Hope everything works out. Very nervous.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla P85D: AWD, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Auto Show Season just started.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura 2016 and Beyond...Honda needs to put up
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Ron Dennis remarks
Join Discussion......
NSX --> NSX Replica
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Will the 2016 Civic be bigger?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Diesels bad?
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Honda Fit up for Green Car of the Year
Join Discussion......
Accord --> FS: 2013 Accord Coupe V6 6spd Manual *low miles)
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RLX > > Re: Acura RLX Marketing

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
xsr
Profile for xsr
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 00:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It's just.....I don't know anymore. Like teenage kids running the show. How absolutely and completely shameful.

If corporate Honda does not see how utterly amateurish and pathetic this is well, goodbye. They don't deserve to survive.

All my years of rooting for them, the underdog, the tech tour-de-force, the company that could, against all odds.... do it.

To see them fail at this level is just, just, arrgh sad. I could add a sports analogy here but it would probably be not understood by my cyber-peers with the same feelings.

I moved on to BMW and hoped to see some kind of resurgence but after the bloated 2G TSX, debacle TL, pathetic ILX - well, how much longer Acura/Honda? Another 5-7 years perhaps?

You have lost a generation.

Outside of being a SUV company, good luck my friends.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 07:54
I commented on their site feedback page that they need to PROOFREAD!

You're welcome! ;-p
jshaw
Profile for jshaw
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 13:32
Eh? They fixed almost everything yesterday. I had to clear my browser cache, but it's mostly been done (except for the 3-4-6 VCM tidbit).
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 16:08
xsr wrote:
It's just.....I don't know anymore. Like teenage kids running the show. How absolutely and completely shameful.

If corporate Honda does not see how utterly amateurish and pathetic this is well, goodbye. They don't deserve to survive.

All my years of rooting for them, the underdog, the tech tour-de-force, the company that could, against all odds.... do it.

To see them fail at this level is just, just, arrgh sad. I could add a sports analogy here but it would probably be not understood by my cyber-peers with the same feelings.

I moved on to BMW and hoped to see some kind of resurgence but after the bloated 2G TSX, debacle TL, pathetic ILX - well, how much longer Acura/Honda? Another 5-7 years perhaps?

The Civic always worked. Except for the 2012 year.
Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 19:08
xBeastx wrote:
xsr wrote:

The Civic always worked. Except for the 2012 year.

I think he is referring specifically to Acura and not Honda. But then I think Honda is to be blamed for Acura's blunders. I am also tired of Honda, and maybe Acura themselves, mismanaging their luxury brand. They, apparently, dont know how to compete in the luxury segment.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 00:26
Jesse wrote:
I think he is referring specifically to Acura and not Honda. But then I think Honda is to be blamed for Acura's blunders. I am also tired of Honda, and maybe Acura themselves, mismanaging their luxury brand. They, apparently, dont know how to compete in the luxury segment.

Partly is because of that, but probably because there is a market problem? Elsewhere for example, people are (or were) fine with an expensive Honda brand (NSX, Euro Accord, Legend etc), except for you know where. So now the problem is Honda can't be too expensive, and then Acura is something *just* above that in the US for example, which is pretty much a Honda somewhere else. If Honda start moving into Acura pricing and Acura went much higher above that would it work? OR will people complain? Or because of that Honda has to move lower and let room for Acura. I just confused myself, I can imagine how it would be for those trying to figure this out.

Am I the only one glad to see that they are no longer using Hondas with Acura badge nowadays? Sometimes I still see people say "Acura is best when with the RSX" or something like that but that was when it still a Honda model. Yeah they still need to fix a lot of things (that web site and mistakes you all pointed out, together with the ILX marketing about the father thing is really a joke-- that marketing depat is the U.S. side isn't it?) and the ILX seems lacking but after all it is proably the decision from around the time of the 2012 Civic, which means they will probably redo it.
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 09:52
sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 10:28
Why
A) use the mb suv to film it instead of an mdx
B) if ure using the ml .... Why show it?

Clueless vs subtle sabotage ?

Also they need to stop with the most powerful acura engine ever

Its like me bragging about my personal best 100 meter dash. Would be fine if i wasnt competing against Usain.
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 12:14
On the MB SUV in the filming - there are only a few companies who have proper steady cam rolling rigs and whatever cars they use, that's what you get. They could have tried to not show that stuff, but the steady cam shots are a big part of the commercial, so they would have had to cut out a lot of footage.

I think Acura marketing is very poor, but I don't think this is a fair point to criticize them on.

SC
sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 12:50
Fair enough. You make a solid point(s)

I guess also to be fair the 370hp is after all on its way.

Maybe it would have made more sense to film the 370 hp version in this "our best effort " theme

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 13:17
sajicd wrote:
Fair enough. You make a solid point(s)

I guess also to be fair the 370hp is after all on its way.

Maybe it would have made more sense to film the 370 hp version in this "our best effort " theme

The engine will probably still be 310 hp.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 14:41
FiSH-Chan wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Partly is because of that, but probably because there is a market problem? Elsewhere for example, people are (or were) fine with an expensive Honda brand (NSX, Euro Accord, Legend etc), except for you know where. So now the problem is Honda can't be too expensive, and then Acura is something *just* above that in the US for example, which is pretty much a Honda somewhere else. If Honda start moving into Acura pricing and Acura went much higher above that would it work? OR will people complain? Or because of that Honda has to move lower and let room for Acura. I just confused myself, I can imagine how it would be for those trying to figure this out.

Am I the only one glad to see that they are no longer using Hondas with Acura badge nowadays? Sometimes I still see people say "Acura is best when with the RSX" or something like that but that was when it still a Honda model. Yeah they still need to fix a lot of things (that web site and mistakes you all pointed out, together with the ILX marketing about the father thing is really a joke-- that marketing depat is the U.S. side isn't it?) and the ILX seems lacking but after all it is proably the decision from around the time of the 2012 Civic, which means they will probably redo it.

Sort of right - except people won't buy expensive Hondas in EU either.

Problem is, they probably wouldn't buy Acuras either.

But having this half-arsed one strategy for the most important market in the world (on a shoestring) and a different strategy for RoW was simply dissonant thinking and the result is a bad compromise everywhere.
jbkingjr
Profile for jbkingjr
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 15:13
I don't remember Audi needing to constantly remind everyone how the LED lighting they used was a striking design cue. How about making a product that can speak for itself like you used to? I realize that in the luxury class you need to explain why people should want your car, but when one of the biggest selling points you keep pushing is the way your lights look (as opposed to how efficient they make the car, how they work... you know... the ENGINEERING behind it?), you've got a problem. You shouldn't ever need to explain or draw attention to (or away from) your styling.

Also the audio of the engine they're playing sounds like it's from a K20. I'm speechless...
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2013 16:05
FWIW Audi brags about their leds all the time but they are arguably the best in the business. Remember Audi's vampire commercial last year, I would love to see Acura take a shot at Audi with something like while others are busy slaying vampires we at Acura are making sure you slay the night. (pat on the back lol)
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2013 22:26
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2013 21:27
I get the feeling that Acura want us to associate the RLX with luxury. Not sure tho .......

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2013 21:44
TSX69 wrote:
I get the feeling that Acura want us to associate the RLX with luxury. Not sure tho .......

What? Lol. That was funny. It's like watching a movie and the actor has to tell you what his feelings are supposed to be as he can't act it out.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2013 23:13
TSX69 wrote:

that video's pretty informative and shows the RLX in a decent light, BUT @2:42 dude says: "the precision all-wheel-steer system is actually quite superior to what you'll find in a rear-wheel-drive car, and very equivalent to what you'll find in an all-wheel-drive vehicle."

HUH?! WHAT??
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2013 07:03
FiSH-Chan wrote:
TSX69 wrote:

What? Lol. That was funny. It's like watching a movie and the actor has to tell you what his feelings are supposed to be as he can't act it out.

I like the way he steps out of his wood & stone bland tick-box pad, gets in his Honda, pauses & thinks "WTF is all this plastic Beluga whale shit here?"

17/10 for trying too way too hard & looking unconvincing.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2013 08:08
Nick GravesX wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
TSX69 wrote:

I like the way he steps out of his wood & stone bland tick-box pad, gets in his Honda, pauses & thinks "WTF is all this plastic Beluga whale shit here?"

17/10 for trying too way too hard & looking unconvincing.

It's a very interesting, if not desperate, attempt...

It's kinda clever actually...making fun of luxury buyers...but is that really the way to go? Is this "Smart Luxury"? I'm not sure Acura can have its cake and eat too...especially with the bland RLX...
dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2013 23:44
Now when you go to the Acura site and click on the RLX, the page is down.

SERVER ERROR

The page you requested may have been moved or no longer exists. If you reached this page using a bookmark, it is possible the address is out of date. If you typed in an address, or selected a link from another website or from an email, it's possible the address is inaccurate. Here are some options to assist you in finding the desired page and/or relevant content:

Hit the Back button on your browser and try again

Check the URL for typographical errors

Go to our home page and review the available options

Check our site map for a list of available pages

2012 Acura. All information contained herein applies to U.S. vehicles only.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2013 13:02
Bullet #2 is wonderfully ironic!
Ponyboy
Profile for Ponyboy
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2013 23:03
JeffX wrote:
TSX69 wrote:

that video's pretty informative and shows the RLX in a decent light, BUT @2:42 dude says: "the precision all-wheel-steer system is actually quite superior to what you'll find in a rear-wheel-drive car, and very equivalent to what you'll find in an all-wheel-drive vehicle."

HUH?! WHAT??

My best guess is that his best explanation of the PAWS system is that it's handling characteristics mimic the feel of SH-AWD.

I have no idea if it's true but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2013 09:13
Ponyboy wrote:
JeffX wrote:
TSX69 wrote:

HUH?! WHAT??

My best guess is that his best explanation of the PAWS system is that it's handling characteristics mimic the feel of SH-AWD.

I have no idea if it's true but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

I know exactly what he's trying to say; the feeling of sharp handling but with absolute glued-to-the-road security is more like 4WD than skiddy-about RWD!

Whilst the 86 is more fun, the Prelude actually has the more impressive handling and is less wearing on a long drive.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2013 09:47
Nick GravesX wrote:

Whilst the 86 is more fun, the Prelude actually has the more impressive handling and is less wearing on a long drive.

Try telling that to the RWD brigade! :D
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2013 10:37
sadlerau wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Try telling that to the RWD brigade! :D

:D

I still remember the time that the majority of RWD cars still handled like shi', usually bacause they were so cheaply-engineered & overstyled. FWD became associated with better-handling, usually because the cars with FWD (Lancia, Honda et al) were associated with better-quality engineering.

By the 1980s, everything was going FWD, whether appropriate or not!
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 19:03
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 19:39
TSX69 wrote:

Hm..What the hell he is doing? Is someone chasing him or he is in hurry?

Random shots of speedometer, steering, headlights, his emotionless face........I dont get it.
Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 20:31
The ad is highlighting Acura's man-machine harmony. I kinda like it.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Acura RLX Marketing    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 20:39
Not bad...more 'vigor' than any of their recent attempts. Except they call it a luxury sedan in the end (which it is)...the audio/visuals in the clips lead you to believe it's a sport sedan though (which it is not).

Mixed messages thy name is Acura.

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0