[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura NSX Production Model to Make World Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
More.......................
Honda FCV Concept to Make North American Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
American Honda Sets New November Sales Records; Core Vehicles Lead the Way
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
General Talk --> Re: Almost a wreck at 75MPH!
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: HondaJet
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: It looks like Honda is going to go with Android in the future
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Surprising N-Box Slash debuts in Japan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: pistonheads £100k garage, all-Honda choice ! Where's the wasabi?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Weird Starting
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Went from 2006 SI to 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: S660 detailed in Honda Magazine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: McLaren-Honda drivers - official news
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Turbocharged engines coming in 2015
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Detroit(NAIAS) Auto Show
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I was told the TLX transmission logic "learns" (new 0-60 times)
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Heritage Center opens in Marysville Ohio
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ugly Stick Production Is Way Up
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: 2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
nyt_reader
Profile for nyt_reader
2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2013 20:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show

"... With the 328d, BMW appears to be targeting higher volume by focusing more on fuel economy than power and torque." Let's see how BMW does with this approach. I know I've been arguing this point for Acura for tooo many years!"

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-bmw-328d-diesel-making-us-debut-at-new-york-auto-show-341981.html#axzz2NYvGOC94

"The BMW 3 Series lineup is expanding yet again in the U.S. — the automaker has just confirmed that the 2014 BMW 328d will debut at the New York auto show. Appearing alongside the new 3 Series GT, the diesel-powered 328d will get its first U.S. showing on March 27.
BMW’s announcement simply confirms what we already knew — that a diesel four-cylinder was coming to the U.S. in the 3 Series. Motor Trend enjoyed a 2009 BMW 335d for 23 months, but although that car had 265 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque, the diesel I-6 remained a lower-volume variant. With the 328d, BMW appears to be targeting higher volume by focusing more on fuel economy than power and torque. BMW has confirmed that the 328d will be available in rear- and all-wheel drive, and we’ve heard even in wagon form. The Euro-spec BMW 320d xDrive Touring is shown here.
As we expected, the new BMW 328d will use a turbodiesel 2.0-liter I-4 with 180 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque, and the automaker says that mileage “could well exceed 40 mpg,” though it’s unclear how the car will be rated by the EPA. Our 2009 335d — a previous-generation 3 Series — was rated 23/36 mpg while an automatic-transmission 2013 328i is listed at 23/33 mpg.
The new BMW 320i also has 180 hp, but only 200 lb-ft from its gas-powered turbo 2.0-liter I-4. From 0-60 mph, the $33,445 320i will accelerate from 0-60 mph in 7.1 seconds, while the automaker’s claimed time for the 328d is 7.2 seconds. For comparison, our 2009 335d did the sprint in 5.8 seconds. Unlike that car, however, we expect the 328d to have a base price under $40,000.
The 328d will do battle with the Audi A4, which is expected to get a diesel variant in the upcoming redesign that arrives in the 2014 calendar year.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-bmw-328d-diesel-making-us-debut-at-new-york-auto-show-341981.html#ixzz2NYwI2Wab
Follow us: @MotorTrend on Twitter | MotortrendMag on Facebook"

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: 2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2013 11:56
I have a 2011 335d and average 33.4 mpg after almost 33,000 miles. Really great mpg for a car with this amount of power.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2013 13:12
so it could be cheaper than an Accord hybrid and have similar mileage and a usable trunk...
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: 2014 BMW 328d Diesel Making U.S. Debut at New York Auto Show    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2013 00:35
The 2.0 Diesel with MT is really really good. But even as a wagon the trunk isn't usable and the features the accord hybrid has, will cost a lot more in the 3.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0