[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A powerful message
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Future Honda Small RWD Sports Car
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: NYIAS Camry / Sonata MMCs
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Updated Camry, New Sonata
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lanewatch glitch with Handsfree link on '14 Civic. Accords too?
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Nissan is taking Honda to War!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2016 Acura TLX Type-S and Coupe
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Recommend a helmet cam
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 2013 Civic

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author
  Post New Thread
MasterOfDaDomain
Profile for MasterOfDaDomain
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 15:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Glad to hear that Honda is stepping up its effort. For people who bought a 2012 - well, that's because they think the car is good enough so they really shouldn't complain.

Regarding ILX, to me Civic is far more important to Honda than ILX. I'd guess that when TSX is merged with TL to become the TLX, ILX can adopt the 2.4 L engines across the board.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 17:34
I can understand where a 2012 owner could be upset over the changes. Hell, after I bought my 2006 Si, they introduced VSA in 2007 and that alone made me a bit pissed. In the times I have shopped used Si models, I avoid 2006 entirely because of that missing feature.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 17:58
DCR wrote:
I can understand where a 2012 owner could be upset over the changes. Hell, after I bought my 2006 Si, they introduced VSA in 2007 and that alone made me a bit pissed. In the times I have shopped used Si models, I avoid 2006 entirely because of that missing feature.

Ever since I put Continental DWS's on my '06 Si, stability has been pretty darned good.
Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 22:54
I hope the 2013 Civic has elements from the Australian model. Though the changes are subtle on the Aussie model, they look more refined and sporty than our models do...they really make the Civic look more substantial.
Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 23:25
DCR wrote:
Tastycakes wrote:
Lame, just got a 2012 Civic :(

Were you aware of the redesign that was on the way before you bought it? I am sure some people were, but everyone was playing down how much Honda would actually change to the point where it was probably assumed it wouldn't matter.

Nah I didn't even think to check. Isn't 2012 the first MY of the 9th gen? So people hated it that bad huh, I mean its not a drastic change for the 9th gen but dam 1 year for a MMC???
garoto628
Profile for garoto628
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 23:43
DCR wrote:

On the plus side, I do appreciate the fact that I can say "06 Si" without having to specify coupe or sedan!
FondaHonda
Profile for FondaHonda
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2012 15:40
There will always be people aspiring to own an Acura, especially one so affordable as long as everything remains a notch or two above. The service is what you would expect and indeed be willing to pay a bit extra for. Owning something more exclusive is always nicer than driving a car in the top 10 much of the time. At least for me. It is exciting to know you have a top seller. I agree with this feeling most have -- by all means until you begin to see the exact same model everywhere. There are perks to choosing an Acura that impress many and it often has nothing at all to do with snobbism. For one, Honda has done an outstanding job distinguishing the two.
jmsc
Profile for jmsc
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2012 19:36
Does anyone know when the '13 Civic goes live?

I talked to 4 sales people at different H dealerships last week and got 4 diff answers (don't know, possibly mid-OCT, any day now, your guess is as good as mine).
330R
Profile for 330R
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2012 21:13
From last October...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1007927

Yesterday we received a bit of news that came as a little bit of a surprise. According to a source (who has been reliable in the past), Honda hosted a "Grassroots" meeting for West Coast Honda dealers yesterday. During this meeting, the dealers are said to have shared some of their comments and concerns about the 2012 Civic, and reportedly Honda's response was that a "very refreshed, and more aggressively styled Civic" would make its debut in December 2012, as a 2013 model.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2012 22:25
330R wrote:
From last October...

Yesterday we received a bit of news that came as a little bit of a surprise. According to a source (who has been reliable in the past), Honda hosted a "Grassroots" meeting for West Coast Honda dealers yesterday. During this meeting, the dealers are said to have shared some of their comments and concerns about the 2012 Civic, and reportedly Honda's response was that a "very refreshed, and more aggressively styled Civic" would make its debut in December 2012, as a 2013 model.

I guess they want to focus on sales of the 2013 Accord before introducing the 2013 Civic.
JeffreySnLA
Profile for JeffreySnLA
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2012 23:33
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
330R wrote:
From last October...

I guess they want to focus on sales of the 2013 Accord before introducing the 2013 Civic.

I am guessing they are going to debut the Civic on 11/28 at the LA Auto Show. That would allow them to take advantage of all the press coverage for more bang for their buck.
S600=Dream
Profile for S600=Dream
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-28-2012 19:12
Ya know, if they fix the soppy suspension, give the Si a real engine, and make it look completely different inside and out, it'll be a fine car!

The Civic has more or less sucked since 2001. Straight up.

The K20 in the Si from the last generation was it's only saving grace. With that gone, it's another dopey four-door three-box econoweenie.

The Fit does the impression of a pre-millenial Civic much better than the Civic does.

The MMC better be bangin' beyond belief.

TXsalesguy
Profile for TXsalesguy
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 15:48
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Looks like Honda really stepped up.......As I posted before, the DX will be dropped, the LX will be the value leader with all the new Accord stuff, Back up camera in every model, bluetooth revised interior, new hood, head lights/grill and tail lights and some other mods, but the seats, dash and over all quality of the inside has gone from 3 to a 9 on the 1-10 scale..........Looks like Honda really stepped up this time and did it right.......

Andrew, Just saw the color chart for 2013 Civics on Honda Interactive, the DX is still around. Looks like it will only be available in Polished Metal.

Other changes, Cool Mist is gone, replaced by Kona Coffee Metallic. White Orchid Pearl will replace Taffeta White on EXL Sedans. Black interiors will be available on all trim levels of sedans and coupes outside the DX. Stone interior is gone.

This is just for the DX through EXL line up. No info on Hybrids or the Si as of yet.

JP
Profile for JP
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 16:11
TXsalesguy wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Looks like Honda really stepped up.......As I posted before, the DX will be dropped, the LX will be the value leader with all the new Accord stuff, Back up camera in every model, bluetooth revised interior, new hood, head lights/grill and tail lights and some other mods, but the seats, dash and over all quality of the inside has gone from 3 to a 9 on the 1-10 scale..........Looks like Honda really stepped up this time and did it right.......

Andrew, Just saw the color chart for 2013 Civics on Honda Interactive, the DX is still around. Looks like it will only be available in Polished Metal.

Other changes, Cool Mist is gone, replaced by Kona Coffee Metallic. White Orchid Pearl will replace Taffeta White on EXL Sedans. Black interiors will be available on all trim levels of sedans and coupes outside the DX. Stone interior is gone.

This is just for the DX through EXL line up. No info on Hybrids or the Si as of yet.

Anything on ED powertrain upgrade?
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 16:34
TXsalesguy wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Any pics? ;)
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 17:40
S600=Dream wrote:
Ya know, if they fix the soppy suspension, give the Si a real engine, and make it look completely different inside and out, it'll be a fine car!

The Civic has more or less sucked since 2001. Straight up.

The K20 in the Si from the last generation was it's only saving grace. With that gone, it's another dopey four-door three-box econoweenie.

The Fit does the impression of a pre-millenial Civic much better than the Civic does.

The MMC better be bangin' beyond belief.

Non-sense. As a current 8th gen Si owner and as a predominantly 2001 Honda owner, I can say with a reasonable degree of clarity that the 8th gen offered a lot over the 92-95 Si, the 99-00 Si and the 02-05 Si. To be honest, Honda has a history of skipping the good stuff every generation or so. The 92-95 was a fantastic chassis with an EX engine, the 99-00 was a fantastic chassis and engine with a pedestrian interior (as the 92-95 also had, but the black color helped a lot), and the 02-05 brought back the hatch with top notch interior quality, but a questionable chassis setup and mediocre powertrain. IMO, the 8th gen was the first since the 88-91 Si to offer the special interior, the special powertrain, and the special chassis setup. Granted, it is not as much of a go cart as some of those older Si's, but it brings a lot of benefit in a lot of other ways. And yes, I miss the confidence and predictability of the old DWB setups, but these cars are not saddled by too small tire/wheel packages like almost every Honda of the era save the NSX and Type-R (which suffered off and on themselves).
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 20:28
TXsalesguy wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Any features, spes? Was it just a plain color chart or a color-on-model interactive thing?? Pics???? =D
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 22:00
Our Bothan spies will have this soon enough...
hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 00:00
TXsalesguy wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Well if Andrew was wrong regarding the DX it makes me wonder what else he is mistaken about the 2013 Civic.

Very glad to hear that black will finally become an available interior color choice for the LX, EX, and EX-L trims! Never did understand the point of the Stone color. It looked nearly like the beige. In fact, the gray is too light. Hopefully they make it darker like on the 8th-gen Civic sedan lineup.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 08:15
hondadude wrote:

Well if Andrew was wrong regarding the DX it makes me wonder what else he is mistaken about the 2013 Civic.

You might just want to cut Andrew some slack, dude.

He is one of the best contributor's on TOV, and it's just possible that he might have got some misinformation from Honda.

JerryH
Profile for JerryH
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 11:05
Someting I've not seen before. The Color Matrix shows a 2013 Civic DX, but the Model Matrix, available to Honda salespeople, does not. Since the Color Matrix shows only one color for the DX, I suspect that the Color Matrix is wrong. We'll know for sure soon enough.

FondaHonda
Profile for FondaHonda
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 13:04
It would not make sense to have only one exterior color available on a given model. A lot of Honda resource materials are not 100% accurate at the start. Another thing I heard was more mirroring of the Accord monikers, but my insider may have been speaking of the next "new" Civic sedan with a "Sport" and "Touring Model" and I, too, was told no "DX" starting with the MY13 model expected in December 2012.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 15:41
FondaHonda wrote:
It would not make sense to have only one exterior color available on a given model. A lot of Honda resource materials are not 100% accurate at the start. Another thing I heard was more mirroring of the Accord monikers, but my insider may have been speaking of the next "new" Civic sedan with a "Sport" and "Touring Model" and I, too, was told no "DX" starting with the MY13 model expected in December 2012.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2013 Civic Si diesel    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 15:48
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Is it true that the 2013 Civic Si is going to offer a 1.6L turbo diesel with a CVT?

according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 16:28
DCR wrote:
FondaHonda wrote:

Although he didn't go into specifics, I think when he used the word "model" he meant a specific trim (EX for example) as a whole including manual and auto transmissions.

I'm sure you already know the autos are available in a wider range of colors.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 16:35
The old DX was/is practically vapor-ware. I only ever saw one - and that got dealer traded out. Just a loss leader for the ads. Buying a car without a/c, keyless, power locks....aren't many people who'd put up with that today.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 17:34
according2kev wrote:

Yes, I am aware but I am only looking at a manual, so the could come in 35,000 colors and it makes no difference to me.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 18:15
DCR wrote:
according2kev wrote:

Yes, I am aware but I am only looking at a manual, so the could come in 35,000 colors and it makes no difference to me.

But it will matter to those considering an automatic coupe.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic Si diesel    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 18:33
TonyE wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Is it true that the 2013 Civic Si is going to offer a 1.6L turbo diesel with a CVT?

With 221 lb. ft. of torque at 2000 rpm, the 1.6 td might do nicely with a CVT in a Civic, and it would probably get about 48 mpg.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 18:46
according2kev wrote:

But it will matter to those considering an automatic coupe.

Sure, and when Honda sells less of the coupe manual, it will be easy to justify not offering a manual at all.

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy